Anymore up dates to this series?

That depends on what you mean by update I suppose.

There are 4 tankobons to date, with a new chapter appearing in Newtype Ace which gets released on the 10th of each month. Having said that, there will be no new chapter next month so the next new chapter should be September.

Mikimoto's publishers have asked him to make The First his main priority this year, being the 30th anniversary and all that, but he was also focusing on getting his latest art book out until fairly recently. Not to mention the fact that he keeps getting commissioned to do new art for every new bluray release (Mikimoto's art for the DYRL BD was running quite late apparently, which is why Amazon was using placeholder art, then Tenjins boxart. It wasn't until the theatrical screening the the long awaited boxart was revealed in poster form - long story short, the man is pretty busy).

Additionally, Mikimoto has stated that he would like the manga to cover at least up to Love Drifts Away but isn't sure whether it will continue past that point.

I know I was late in telling you all this, since I got my copy three weeks ago, I have been busy with work. All I just gotta say is this; Max rocks as a Destroid pilot. The way he blocks Kamjins attack with the barrells of his Tomahawk and lets him have it with a barrage of missiles, so far only wounding the Glaug. and it funny he he leaps away waving at bye bye to Kamjin as a taunt. How'd he do that while every one else was having ahard time movie around in that gravity trap. I say if Kawamori wants to do a remake SDF macross for todays generation. The First would be an excellent model. BTW what's up with Kakizaki being carried back to the SDF-1 in the cockpit of Roy's fighter. I may not understand Japanese but the expression on Roy's face was priceless, especially when Claudia chimed in.

I know I was late in telling you all this, since I got my copy three weeks ago, I have been busy with work. All I just gotta say is this; Max rocks as a Destroid pilot. The way he blocks Kamjins attack with the barrells of his Tomahawk and lets him have it with a barrage of missiles, so far only wounding the Glaug. and it funny he he leaps away waving at bye bye to Kamjin as a taunt. How'd he do that while every one else was having ahard time movie around in that gravity trap. I say if Kawamori wants to do a remake SDF macross for todays generation. The First would be an excellent model. BTW what's up with Kakizaki being carried back to the SDF-1 in the cockpit of Roy's fighter. I may not understand Japanese but the expression on Roy's face was priceless, especially when Claudia chimed in.

His GBP-1S failed to purge after the battle as planned, stranding

him in battroid mode unable to make the long haul back to the Macross.

Just goes to show the Valkyrie's curse is real, talk smack about women while

in one and bad things are liable to happen to you.

Hey guys, awesome forum!

Any idea where to get scans of Macross the First - latest chapters? Where I live importing the tankobons off internet is basically impossible :-(

If nothing is available online, maybe you could at least post a few more scans of Laplamiz and Milia? Please?

Edited by Vicious

Hey guys, awesome forum!

Any idea where to get scans of Macross the First - latest chapters? Where I live importing the tankobons off internet is basically impossible :-(

If nothing is available online, maybe you could at least post a few more scans of Laplamiz and Milia? Please?

http://www.macrosswo...ndpost&p=977478

That's a sensitive issue around here.

Hey guys, awesome forum!

Here they have all the 4 vols to import.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search3.html?q=The+Super+Dimension+Fortress+Macross+The+First&media=&r=any&step=20&order=score

Here they have all the 4 vols to import.

http://www.cdjapan.c...=20&order=score

I own all four volumes. I miss the good old days of anime when 'scripts' were available on the net. I'd love to take my legit japanese Macross the First manga and have a printout of the dialog next to it and just read it. (the text translation, not a 'scanlation' that steals all the content.

I own all four volumes. I miss the good old days of anime when 'scripts' were available on the net. I'd love to take my legit japanese Macross the First manga and have a printout of the dialog next to it and just read it. (the text translation, not a 'scanlation' that steals all the content.

I would like that as well. For my Master File books I've been relying on the few bits Sketchley has had the time/patience to translate.

I would like that as well. For my Master File books I've been relying on the few bits Sketchley has had the time/patience to translate.

Wish I had more time these days (patience isn't so much a factor). Wish I could advance the 4 major translation projects at the same time at an equal pace (Macross Chronicle, Variable Fighter Master File, Macross the Ride, Great Mechanics.DX), but invariable it's one at the expense of the others. It also doesn't help that the VFMF are self described as being "not part of the official setting". >.<

Anyhow, Iavinrac: the main reason text translations are not available (at least for MtF) is how easy it is for someone to copy/paste the translations into scans of the manga.

Anyhow, Iavinrac: the main reason text translations are not available (at least for MtF) is how easy it is for someone to copy/paste the translations into scans of the manga.

Makes sense. Still a shame for those of us who bought legit copies but don't speak Japanese. The worst part for me is I took 4 semesters of Japanese in college, but forgot most of it.. that and we didn't get that far into Kanji anyhow. I'd love to take it locally but cannot seem to find a college that offers it in my area.

Just got vol 4, with 1 and 3 on the way so I've only read 2 and 4......well "Read". What is up with Roy in this last volume? He seems pretty pissed off at Hikaru. Am I right to assume that he doesn't think Hikaru is mature and experienced enough to be some kind of a squad leader?

Just got vol 4, with 1 and 3 on the way so I've only read 2 and 4......well "Read". What is up with Roy in this last volume? He seems pretty pissed off at Hikaru. Am I right to assume that he doesn't think Hikaru is mature and experienced enough to be some kind of a squad leader?

He puts Hikaru under house arrest for three days (which of course means that Hikaru will miss Minmay's birthday party).

• 2 weeks later...

Well I loved the original. Hikaru in the Skull one VF-1S seemed cool. Roy was great I will always be upset that he died he was awesome. Hikaru decided to make sure that Skull Squadron continue to be the best. He was never shot down after that while in the VF-1S. proves that he had greatly improved

Well I loved the original. Hikaru in the Skull one VF-1S seemed cool. Roy was great I will always be upset that he died he was awesome. Hikaru decided to make sure that Skull Squadron continue to be the best. He was never shot down after that while in the VF-1S. proves that he had greatly improved

Thats what is so interesting about Macross The First - it adds to and tweaks parts of the original story. Theres a lot about it thats very cool and reminds me (albeit to a more limited extent) of how Yamato 2199 is updating many concepts of the original Yamato.

Now I only hope that Mikimoto can keep the series going - his editors have asked him to make it a priority this year, yet new chapters are still rather sporadic.....

• 2 weeks later...

I have read the first 2 chapters that have been fan translated. I like it so far, it does throw a bit of a different spin on things and changes the story somewhat, but not enough to say that it's no longer the same.

I need to take some japanese in college. I would really love to read the originals.

• 1 month later...

I have read the first 2 chapters that have been fan translated. I like it so far, it does throw a bit of a different spin on things and changes the story somewhat, but not enough to say that it's no longer the same.

I need to take some japanese in college. I would really love to read the originals.

No spoilers here but the rework of Minmay's fall rocked! I so need a Macross live action movie or a re-animation of SDF.

Hi you guys & gals this my first post.. I been a Macross for many many many years. .. anyway I found this link

Japanator interviews Macross's Haruhiko Mikimoto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPvswrVTgQI

maybe there will be a new macross animation sometime in the furture .

edit :he says he is rearranging the events of the original tv series in the manga adaptation:

at the 3:43 mark

Thankyou very much TOCHIRO for clearing it up

Edited by TisSweet

OHHELLYEAH!!!! Go straight to 3:43!!!

Sorry to burst your bubble but its a mis-translation. he says he is rearranging the events of the original tv series in the manga adaptation.

Not the only questionable translation either....

(artbook referred to as a 'pamphlet', Parts of sentences dropped, etc. - its still on par with the 'accuracy' of 90% of fansubs though, I suppose...)

Edited by Tochiro

Best news I've heard all day! Thanks for the post TisSweet!

Sorry to burst your bubble but its a mis-translation. he says he is rearranging the events of the original tv series in the manga adaptation.

Damn, thanks for the clarification and dose of reality Tochiro. :(

oh wow then never mind .... it really burst our bubbles !!!!!

(There isn't going to be a new TV SERIES ...mis-translation. he says he is rearranging the events of the original tv series in the manga adaptation)

Thankyou very much TOCHIRO for clearing it up .

I,m sorry for the misinformation....