About that SV-51...

It's the SV-51Σ, is unmanned, and is codenamed "Rudolph" in the AUA's "Operation Red Nosed Reindeer" that we see taking place. At the end of the manga, Shammy does her stuff, and detects it - as the AUA aircraft are using active stealth and pretty much all of the island's radar facilities have been destroyed in the attack (well, she literally detects "something", but us readers know what that is), and it appears that Fokker's booster rocket equipped VF-1S is being set up to intercept it.

Edited by sketchley

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I had never heard of this before and it started way back in 2009?

I guess since Gundam did something similar with their Universal Century story, they did the same for Macross (or was Macross done this way first?).

How far did the last volume take the story line up to?

Ain't that the truth!? :)

I've been trying to pick up his artbooks. I've missed so much and he's one of my favorites.

Mine too and he just keeps getting better. It's pretty cool to see his evolution as an artist from the early 80's to the present. The moment I found out Macross the First were Mikimoto books, I went straight to eBay.