Custom VF-OS 1/72 Reactive Armored

deri

Wow! That is incredible! Would love to know what techniques you used to weather it so convincingly. I see a fair bit of what looks like drybrushing. Very, very nicely done!

Thanks, I used spray paint for the base color(mat black) the yellow and white, then I used drybrushing with lot of differents "games workshop" colors

I second that; also where's the 1/60 VF-0D YAMATO?!!!

On topic...

The weathering is brilliant especially where it looks like burn marks/residue.

Was it a pain to build or no not really?

First i want a second edition of the VF-0 with NO problems with the shoulders or the arms((it's probably the reason why they never make this armor), then of course this reactive armor in 1/60 scale, a VF-0D.....but i think it's just dream....12.gif but Yamato if you read us, you known what you'll have to do!90.gif

For the building it was a pleasure, but i prefere the painting part!

It's not one of my favorite mechs, but that looks great! Your finishing really makes it look like it has some nice "weight" to it.

One question, is the texture on the shin guard parts molded into the kit parts, or did you have to add it yourself during the finishing/painting stage?