HLJ Yamato sale

bluemax151

Just got my order processed and shipped... they bumped me back to EMS (for the VT-1 & VE-1). I could have emailed them back and asked them to force SAL shipping (like what I did a few months back), but I'm way too busy and tired at the end of the year to put up an effort... oh well, there goes another $25. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say the SV-51 grew on me so much as I saw it and went, "holy crap... WANT!" It's just so unique as a valk design.. maybe it's just too unique? :huh: The thing just pulls elements from so many badass real life aircraft, I can't help but love the design.

I had to have it instantly coz Nora was so awesomely demon in it.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Oy.. well my VF-11, YF-21, and VF-1D are on the way, but I won't get them till january (need to have the post office hold my mail for the next couple weeks). Gotta say it's a bit satisfying to finish my Mac+ trio and get all my major VF-1 wants out of the way so quickly... but 11 valks in 3 months?... oy. Oh well, I guess it averages to one per month for the year, which was what I've been aiming for. I just need to space them out better in 2010, instead of ordering them in groups of 3. :lol:

I do hope the sale extends till after Christmas though.. I might get a VT-1 for January.

Time to wait a while before anything big and/or new though... I've got my YF-21 on the way, so I don't feel so bad waiting for the M&M VF-22s. I don't mind paying full price for a few valks if it means I get them before they go out of production, but I love getting stuff marked down if I can.

How'd you manage this? Lots of stuff in that sale that I'd want, but the forced EMS (and customs duties) on most of them just eats up the discount.

It is the only item I ordered, and my preference is set to SAL. The box size is small enough and the sale probably make the item price lower than their internal price threshold for EMS only shipping. I didn't send any mail to them about it.

Yeah, I didn't even bother trying SAL because of the discription page. Oh well, I'll just get it faster now.

Chris

Lets race than. :D I ordered SAL once from HLJ and it got here just as fast as EMS. :o My HLJ order has shipped, I got the email last night PST.

well the sell got me to buy max and miriya and a cannon fodder vf-1a. I was on the fence about max since i have the 1/48 version but i did want a miriya and vf-1a brown. Plus now i can use my bigger max with my other doubles in 1/48th scale as just grand examples of awesomeness and play with my V.2 max especially now i have Miriya. Now to buy a VF-1A Kakizaki SDFM so i can complete my vermillion squadron.

Lets race than. :D I ordered SAL once from HLJ and it got here just as fast as EMS. :o My HLJ order has shipped, I got the email last night PST.

It's on!!!! :lol: Of course if you win AND paid $20 less I'll have to kill myself! B))

Chris

Took the leap and ordered a VE-1 and VT-1. Now to figure out how to hide their arrival from my wife......

Have it shipped to work and keep them at work hidden in a cabinet near your desk where you can open them and play on your break. That is what I used to do to.

I always liked the SV-51 but never bought one. Its not compelling to get without getting a VF-0(but they never repackaged it with the fixed arm)

i believe they did for the VF-0S w/ the Dec. '08 re-issue (fixed arms)... but yeah they didn't change the packaging if that's what you meant.

... and yeah, i absolutely love my SV-51 Nora. :)

Edited by m0n5t3r

I think so. Plus, if you get it within the next week or so, I'd say you made out better. I could have waited if it would have saved me $25. You will definately fall in love with it though. Now I just need to panel line it up!

Chris