Problem with using Paypal to send money for online purchase of amiami

blacklotus

Sorry if it's considered off-topic here, but I have been trying for the past 2 weeks to send money through Paypal to amiami for my Macross items. (Cheapest prices I can find online, but amiami only accept payment through Paypal for international shoppers)

Problem is that I have already linked and verified 2 credit cards, and even linked a bank account and transferred COLD HARD cash to my Paypal account.

But I still encounter the dreaded "Unable to send Cash" Paypal problem.

I've called the my local Paypal support services. In Singapore, they are Filipinos and China workers. And they are of NO help at all. All they can reply is their standard "There is no problem with my Paypal account and credit cards and bank account. This issue occurs because of Paypal's (FANTASTIC) secure transactions measures. Please try to pay again in 2-3 days time." :wacko:<_<

Anyone here encountered this issue before, and is there are way to resolve it? Thank you.

But I still encounter the dreaded "Unable to send Cash" Paypal problem.

Whenever I get that it is usually followed by "because your credit card issuer has denied payment" which is usually because my credit card is empty anyways (it's just that sometimes it lets me go over limit when it's having a good day ;) ) ...

Beats me. But it doesn't sound like the problem is with Amiami.

Pete

I once had a similar sounding problem buying a game through Impulse using their own payment handler instead of paypal. I had all the info correct and there was nothing wrong with my card, but for some reason it wouldn't take it. I contacted them and they told me that their strict security checks see if the location of the IP address you're ordering from match the area that your credit card's billing address shows. I was confused since I was ordering from the same house that was listed in the billing address and I wasn't going through any proxy services. That is a really dumb security check because that would mean you wouldn't be able to order from anywhere else except in your own home and hope that the IP address matches the area.

I tried some other things and then gave up and used paypal to buy the game as I didn't want to wait overnight for the external IP lease to expire to try to get a different IP address.

You might have a similar issue. Maybe paypal has since instituted similar checks. Since the only payment method available to you is paypal and can't use something else, you could try releasing your router's (assuming you're using one for internet access) external IP and renewing it and seeing if you get a different IP address and then trying paypal again.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I once had a similar sounding problem buying a game through Impulse using their own payment handler instead of paypal. I had all the info correct and there was nothing wrong with my card, but for some reason it wouldn't take it. I contacted them and they told me that their strict security checks see if the location of the IP address you're ordering from match the area that your credit card's billing address shows. I was confused since I was ordering from the same house that was listed in the billing address and I wasn't going through any proxy services. That is a really dumb security check because that would mean you wouldn't be able to order from anywhere else except in your own home and hope that the IP address matches the area.

I tried some other things and then gave up and used paypal to buy the game as I didn't want to wait overnight for the external IP lease to expire to try to get a different IP address.

You might have a similar issue. Maybe paypal has since instituted similar checks. Since the only payment method available to you is paypal and can't use something else, you could try releasing your router's (assuming you're using one for internet access) external IP and renewing it and seeing if you get a different IP address and then trying paypal again.

Thanks. I suspect this might be an issue.

Unfortunately, I'm using those mobile broadband connections through the 3G network with DNS IP address. (no affordable fixed IP address for consumers in my country). And I'm not using a router.

Is there anyway for me to get a new IP address? Thanks for any help rendered. sigh...I getting blacklisted by amiami as we speak... :unsure::(

Whenever I get that it is usually followed by "because your credit card issuer has denied payment" which is usually because my credit card is empty anyways (it's just that sometimes it lets me go over limit when it's having a good day ;) ) ...

Beats me. But it doesn't sound like the problem is with Amiami.

Pete

Problem's either with Paypal or my credit card issuing bank (Citibank). I don't know. Maybe when Paypal tried to verify my card with Citibank, the response never got back, and hence my Paypal account is suspended. But since Paypal is so opaque, I really don't know what to do now.

Paypal's advice is to try again in a few days time. I already tried that waiting game...payment didn't go through again today...sigh...

Call customer support!

Paypal CS is pointless. The reply is the standard reply they give to everyone who encountered this issue. Google it.

http://getsatisfaction.com/paypal/topics/y...or_credit_card2

http://forums.ebay.com.my/thread.jspa?threadID=500002127

Eek, sorry about the double posting...

Edited by blacklotus

Thanks. I suspect this might be an issue.

Unfortunately, I'm using those mobile broadband connections through the 3G network with DNS IP address. (no affordable fixed IP address for consumers in my country). And I'm not using a router.

Is there anyway for me to get a new IP address? Thanks for any help rendered. sigh...I getting blacklisted by amiami as we speak... :unsure::(

I wish I knew how you could try to get a different IP address for that. I've never used a mobile broadband connection to connect to the internet.

However, since you're using citibank, try generating a virtual account number and adding that account number to your paypal account as a different credit card.

If it really has anything to do with a limit to how much money you can send with that card, then this should fix it. I do that all the time when using paypal now since I don't trust giving paypal my actual credit card number. I just delete an old credit card and then add in the new virtual account number.

If that fails, perhaps you could contact amiami, explain your situation and see if you can work out another acceptable method of payment. At the very least, if you explain to them, then hopefully they won't blacklist you.

Unfortunately, I'm using those mobile broadband connections through the 3G network with DNS IP address.

I use the exact same thing.

Problem's either with Paypal or my credit card issuing bank (Citibank).

I use the exact same bank.

Maybe when Paypal tried to verify my card with Citibank, the response never got back, and hence my Paypal account is suspended. But since Paypal is so opaque, I really don't know what to do now.

Call Citibank. It's possible they suspended your card as a security measure when you tried to charge it to paypal.

Citibank has a list of "suspicious transactions" that automatically trigger a payment-refusal on a Citibank credit card. When that happens, you will need to tell them over the phone exactly what it was that you tried to buy and when it was and what the amount was and make clear it didn't work.

You might just be better off asking Citibank to suspend your Credit Card and send you a new card. Then, input the new card data into Paypal and try again.

Pete

I use the exact same thing.

I use the exact same bank.

Call Citibank. It's possible they suspended your card as a security measure when you tried to charge it to paypal.

Citibank has a list of "suspicious transactions" that automatically trigger a payment-refusal on a Citibank credit card. When that happens, you will need to tell them over the phone exactly what it was that you tried to buy and when it was and what the amount was and make clear it didn't work.

You might just be better off asking Citibank to suspend your Credit Card and send you a new card. Then, input the new card data into Paypal and try again.

Pete

Thanks Pete.

The problem's not with Citibank. I've checked with them. So I don't think it's fair to make them jump through the hoop. Anyway, I still want my current credit card as it's been used successfully for years in online purchases from webshops that accept credit cards.

And no, I'm not blaming amiami. They've been very patient and kind while I get my problem with Paypal sorted out. As it is, I've already feedback to amiami that because of this issue, they might be losing sales from other people that encounter this problem with their Paypal partner.

I know I'm not the only one who have this issue with Paypal. I tried to get 2 of my close friends with existing working Paypal accounts to help me pay amiami. They have the same issue as well. :blink:

So I don't know. Is it Paypal making a mess of their online competitors' businesses? After all, Paypal is owned by Ebay, an online "webshop".

Update: I have just transfer enough COLD HARD cash to pay amiami into my Paypal account through a friend. And guess what, the transaction failed again. This time, Paypal asked me to have a valid credit card to pay amiami. :wacko:

I'm about to give up. I will try again over the next few days, and if all else fails, apologise profusely to amiami. amiami cannot wait forever and will cancel my orders soon. sigh...

Edited by blacklotus