DX VF-25F Alto Custom Tornado Pack

maximilian_jenius

It's really fugly IMHO!!!! Another DX pass for me :huh:

It's great for the fans that like this design tough ^_^

I'm looking foward to the DX VF-27, that bird is a beauty, and a much better effort than it's VF-25 counterpart.

I agree that the DX 27 looks good. I frowned at the DX 25 starting from released pictures to the final products (but I still got them. Curse of a MWer). The DX VF-27 looks even better than its model counterpart IMHO.

I don't know if I am getting the Tornado 25F. The design was meh. If it's cheap I may get it under impulse buying.

I dunno...

I'm not familiar with the Tornado design (I'm assuming it's from the movie), but it looks like its designed more for a Gundam than a Valkyrie...with the big sweeping external central fuel tank and the rotating dual cannon. But it'll most likely sell no matter what.

This thing looks like a throw-back to the bad ol' days of the 'Wing Commander' game series, specifically 'Wing Commander: Prophecy" and it's signature fighter, the 'Vampire'... I dunno... I'm not sold on the design at all. It seems that they've taken a good design (VF-25) and screwed it up.

It just seems like someone went a hell of a long way to replicate DYRL's 'Strike Valkyrie' in Frontier... but that's just me.

Edited by Robelwell202

I think that maybe this is the conection for the VF-2SS SAP and the Macross Mechanic VF line

The front cannon maybe is like a VF-27 gun or some "Mini Macross Gun" but the think that I really don't like is the "tail" I saw some pics and the only use of that crap is to hold the VF Toy in battloid mode. That was the problem with the armored version.

Hi, I usually buy im Hlj, i see that the amiami prices are very low, someone that buy´s in amiami can tell me if is secure to buy in, like in hlj? Someone had any problem with they? and when you must to pay for the preorder items, inmediatelly or when the item is released?

Thank´s.

Amiami has been around for ages and is one of the largest online toy retailers in Japan. They don't charge until your order ships and they'll combine multiple pre-order items if they are released in the same general time-frame.

Hi, I usually buy im Hlj, i see that the amiami prices are very low, someone that buy´s in amiami can tell me if is secure to buy in, like in hlj? Someone had any problem with they? and when you must to pay for the preorder items, inmediatelly or when the item is released?

Thank´s.

From personal experience AmiAmi ships 10x faster than HLJ and they are cheaper, thats a done deal for me.

Edited by anubis20

Amiami has been around for ages and is one of the largest online toy retailers in Japan. They don't charge until your order ships and they'll combine multiple pre-order items if they are released in the same general time-frame.

considering the rate the dollar is falling against the yen, that's not really a good thing. :unsure:

I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

No gundamified macross please!

it's been happening for a while: shields, valks with faces, things dangling off of hips, glowing knives, giant things hanging off of the back, little ankle guard things, giant laser guns...

I could accept it all except the knives and GIANT (as long as plane) beam cannons <_< ........I mean really? :mellow: Next thing you know Valks will have laser swords and "secret" hidden abilities that only get reveled the pilot is about to be killed :huh: .... I like Gundam but if it Macross gets to "Gundamized" I'm out. :angry: They don't belong together. :ph34r:

Ugh next thing you know we'll have those crappy Robots/Gundams that change into some bastardized version of a plane/ship. They make the Wright Brothers roll in their graves I'm sure. I know some people like them but they just look like someone took a gundam, squashed it (flat or ball/cube -_- ) and then added kibble on every possible place you can hang it from.

Don't even get me started on how there is now a "sniper" valk...... If you, and/or your target, are going mach chicken 1 bullet 1 kill seems a bit ridiculous. :p

EDIT: Seems like a cool idea for a destroid but a valk it seems like a waste. Does anyone actually use the the sniper rifle in fighter mode in the series?

Edited by logos

it's been happening for a while: shields, valks with faces, things dangling off of hips, glowing knives, giant things hanging off of the back, little ankle guard things, giant laser guns...

I absolutely agree with you. I saw a lot of Gundam influence in Macross 7. The Fire Valk was in Battroid mode most of the time, the way all the VF-11C launched off from Battle 7 in battroid mode, etc... There was also an episode in which Mylene hugged Gamlin in space with their two valks in the background... it reeks of Gundam

Sorry to be off topic, but yeah, that thing is the most non-macross fast pack we've seen.

I could accept it all except the knives and GIANT (as long as plane) beam cannons <_< ........I mean really? :mellow: Next thing you know Valks will have laser swords and "secret" hidden abilities that only get reveled the pilot is about to be killed :huh: .... I like Gundam but if it Macross gets to "Gundamized" I'm out. :angry: They don't belong together. :ph34r:

Ugh next thing you know we'll have those crappy Robots/Gundams that change into some bastardized version of a plane/ship. They make the Wright Brothers roll in their graves I'm sure. I know some people like them but they just look like someone took a gundam, squashed it (flat or ball/cube -_- ) and then added kibble on every possible place you can hang it from.

Don't even get me started on how there is now a "sniper" valk...... If you, and/or your target, are going mach chicken 1 bullet 1 kill seems a bit ridiculous. :p

EDIT: Seems like a cool idea for a destroid but a valk it seems like a waste. Does anyone actually use the the sniper rifle in fighter mode in the series?

too bad

In general I have liked all the designs from macross. Maybe not the skittles color job they are getting as of late but i do like the MF valk designs. I am pretty sick of the VF-1 line. I like a variation of transforming planes. I have been very pleased with the treatment that Bandai has given to macross. Even after transforming my M-0 Vf-0 sigh of relief no breaks it is a beautiful bird but when i handle bandai's valks im not so worried about breaking them. M-0 and MF has given me some great designs from the 20 year old and stale design of the VF-1

As for this Superpack I like it minus the cannons. The cannons make it a little goofy but I can get used to it .

Bandai bring it on. If it means the so called "gundamizing" even better.

too bad

In general I have liked all the designs from macross. Maybe not the skittles color job they are getting as of late but i do like the MF valk designs. I am pretty sick of the VF-1 line. I like a variation of transforming planes. I have been very pleased with the treatment that Bandai has given to macross. Even after transforming my M-0 Vf-0 sigh of relief no breaks it is a beautiful bird but when i handle bandai's valks im not so worried about breaking them. M-0 and MF has given me some great designs from the 20 year old and stale design of the VF-1

As for this Superpack I like it minus the cannons. The cannons make it a little goofy but I can get used to it .

Bandai bring it on. If it means the so called "gundamizing" even better.

and yet you like gundam... go figure..

I have nothing against gundam but part of the reason that i like macross is that it has its own unique look and feel. If macross designs starts to move closer and closer to gundam then it will lose that unique feel in my opinion and become another gundam clone...and there are enough of them.

I enjoy both franchises separate from eachother with its own designs unique to that franchise.

Edited by thankheaven

I have nothing against gundam but part of the reason that i like macross is that it has its own unique look and feel. If macross designs starts to move closer and closer to gundam then it will lose that unique feel in my opinion and become another gundam clone...and there are enough of them.

I enjoy both franchises separate from eachother with its own designs unique to that franchise.

Macross isn't moving toward looking like Gundam. You notice that valkyries are still first and foremost airplanes that turn into robots, thus the plane part is the most important. Gundam will always be the other way around in that the transforming Gundams will always prioritize the robot mode over its other mode (usually making the jet mode look like crap)

Macross isn't moving toward looking like Gundam. You notice that valkyries are still first and foremost airplanes that turn into robots, thus the plane part is the most important. Gundam will always be the other way around in that the transforming Gundams will always prioritize the robot mode over its other mode (usually making the jet mode look like crap)

and lately, making the robot mode look like crap as well... at least they're consistent like that.

this

As long as they keep the fighters looking like some type of plane or spacecraft (as long as it dosen't looked like a balled up mech with kibble) I'm basically fine with it. Just please no swords. I always thought valks be high speed combat machines where swords would be impractical. Strangely I'm ok with the knives....

FYI I like Gundam but for me Macross and Gundam don't mix well, they have different methodologies when it comes to things IMO.

Now back on topic; the VF-25 Tornado looks fine to me if anything I would say that the cannon looks more Zentradish than anything else. I really like those louvers on the cannon and I think displaying the valk with those open will make it more visually appealing. After being some what disappointed with the initial offerings for the Frontier line I have to say that I am excited about almost every release that has come out since the armored Ozama.

Personally I can't see what's all the complaining about. I'm quite fond of the VF-25F. I received mine earlier this week and in love with it. Sure the Super armour limits some articulation in the legs but it's still quite a magnificent looking piece as opposed to the retro looks of the VF-1S/A/J

The Tornado armour looks a bit plain gray is the only quibble I have. Hopefully there are more paint apps as we progress along.

Other than that, I think it looks sweet. Will it come with the VF-25F as well or just the armour? I don't mind having a spare.