Macross 1/100 scale hanger deck

Einherjar

Hello all, I am glad that my project has made it's way here finally and will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. I hope you all enjoy the diorama. Also if you check out the links above you can see the different lighting views as well as with some 1/100 scale valks in place.

Nice!

What did you use for the railings?

The railings as well as most of the items used in this build where that of a kit from Model train accessories (Ho scale to be exact)

Now granted the scale is slightly off (1/82 scale) but it was the closest I could get to true 1/100 scale.

Edited by Iceblue106

I am also in the process of building my own hangar in 1/100 scale. I must say i like some of what you have done! very nice work ICE! My wife got me some of the toynami 1/100 scale valks and I was hooked. So i had to build something to put them all in. I am currently working on some 1/100 scale models to go with them let me know if you are interested. I am also making my own customized panels. But it's always nice to see that other people have the same ideas.

I am also in the process of building my own hangar in 1/100 scale. I must say i like some of what you have done! very nice work ICE! My wife got me some of the toynami 1/100 scale valks and I was hooked. So i had to build something to put them all in. I am currently working on some 1/100 scale models to go with them let me know if you are interested. I am also making my own customized panels. But it's always nice to see that other people have the same ideas.

Tundrayeti I am interested in seeing what you have accomplished so far...I too have a small collection of the 1/100 scale and would like to see these "customized panels" send me a link if you have one or just point me in the right direction :)

Also if you haven't seen this already here is a link to the completed version of this build with Valks included at the end.

http://thelostuniverseofrt.forumotion.net/...or-now-t317.htm

Edited by Iceblue106

Well I looked around for something interesting. I like the Kotobukiya chain bases, bought a few but i wanted to do something big. I managed to get my hands on a few of the 1/100 scale macross armored factories, but i wanted to incorporate them all. I have a friend who owns a sign business and one of his toys was a CNC router to do engraved signs. my solution, design my own wall and floors and just have the engraver do the work for me. I went out and bought plastic panels for about $40 buck and designed my own layout. I have a picture of my floor layout. I am having them routed now I will post pictures when I get them back. I did my layout in autocad let me know what you think. (just to give you and idea this thing will take up a 6 ft by 4 foot space.) I am also including some snapshots of the 3d SC-27 stargoose that i plan to print out with a 3d printer. I have it scaled to 1/100, the thing will be over a foot long. just some extras i am adding.

post-7782-1260676054_thumb.jpg post-7782-1260676821_thumb.jpg post-7782-1260676834_thumb.jpg

Edited by tundrayeti

• 3 weeks later...
Ice as you requested here are some close ups of the custom panels I had done with a CNC router. I also did some doors which i will be posting soon. I am also waiting for some paint to dry and I will be sure to post some more.

This is very industrious.

Thanks for the input Chilly. well here are the doors.

post-7782-1262569527_thumb.jpgpost-7782-1262569564_thumb.jpgpost-7782-1262569587_thumb.jpg

Man, back in the day, I always wanted to do more stop-motion work and stuff, and this stuff here is just inspiring. You're not ILM, but you're building dope stuff. It really is possible to do DIY stuff that looks great.

Well, back to DIY CGI for me...

I suppose i could make it available. i designed this with some other elements in mind. I got my hands on a couple of the old Macross factory kits and went from there. My final layout is 4 foot by 6 foot. The hardest part is drawing out the panels in the space provided. If anyone is interested, just send me a message.

• 2 weeks later...
Just some quick pics. Still doing some painting. but these should give you an idea of what i was going for. Sorry if some are out of focus, my camera is acting weird with the macro.

post-7782-1263841441_thumb.jpgpost-7782-1263841507_thumb.jpgpost-7782-1263841530_thumb.jpgpost-7782-1263841554_thumb.jpg

Tundra,

I just found this post again after much searching and am really liking the results thus far. I can't remember what you said the material was though...

regardless me likey and me want a set lol.

Tundra,

I just found this post again after much searching and am really liking the results thus far. I can't remember what you said the material was though...

regardless me likey and me want a set lol.

Hey Blue!

The Material is 1/8" PVC sheets. I have a local vendor that gives it to me pretty cheap. It's about $3 a square foot. There are different thicknesses but this works well. For my doors I used 1/4" PVC sheets. The 1/8" sheets are nice because you can cut them with a metal straight edge and a razor blade or Xacto knife. Of course once i get the cnc set up it will cut out the piece so basically, the final price will depend on how elaborate you want to get. I think it looks great and is still cheaper than buying a bunch of Kotobukiya Chain Bases. I still love the Chain Bases though. I have a few myself.

Edited by tundrayeti