"Pineapple Salad" Roy Focker November 30, 2009

Save

According to Wikipeadia today is the actual day Roy passes away. Farewell Sempai!

Strange...according to Macross Chronicle, episode 19 happens in November 2009 as well, and episode 20 is the first one that happens in December... :unsure:

But yes, whatever...Commander Focker passed away sometime this past week.

In his memory, let's all fight while we're drunk, ogle a fifteen-year-old girl's legs, or teach a young friend "how a man treats a woman."

He would've wanted it that way.

May we also try to raise awareness of the danger of pineapple salads, the one true produce market killer.

We really need to get the housewives to do that...something like M.O.P.S. (Mothers Opposing Pineapple Salads).

No one will take it seriously if it's just a bunch of otaku shut-ins complaining about it, but if you get concerned mothers involved, you've got real traction. ^_^

I almost made a thread for this earlier.

In keeping with my ongoing project, I watched the episode yesterday morning before going to work. Would you believe that I almost started to cry right when Misa breaks the news to Hikaru?

I've been watching Macross episodes according to the timeline on Macross Compendium.

Just think... if Macross were true, we'd have gone out to the orbit of Pluto, punched a huge hole in the rings of Saturn, blown a huge hole in Mars, and are about to blow a huge hole in Ontario.

SDFM FTW!

Just think... if Macross were true, we'd have gone out to the orbit of Pluto, punched a huge hole in the rings of Saturn, blown a huge hole in Mars, and are about to blow a huge hole in Ontario.

SDFM FTW!

Yeah, and in about 2 months, most of us will likely be dead. But what a show it would be!

I would like to take this occasion to point out a paradox that has recently been bugging me. Namely- I question the validity of the holy sacred tenent that Pinneapple salad is deadly.

Behold:

Roy never actually got a chance to eat the pine salad. He was promised Pine Salad, and he's waiting on it - but then he dies before Claudia can bring it to him (she does finish making it IIRC).

Contrast with:

Ozma also gets wounded, also ends up in the hospital - but the pine salad makes it to him before he has a chance to die - and he manages to eat it...

and he lives.

Ergo - I posit that perhaps had Claudia been quicker, and fed Roy the pine salad, he might not have died?

Meanwhile - Ozma's life was arguably saved by Ranka who brought him pine salad.

Bow. Goodbye Sempai.

Pete

I would like to take this occasion to point out a paradox that has recently been bugging me. Namely- I question the validity of the holy sacred tenent that Pinneapple salad is deadly.

Behold:

Roy never actually got a chance to eat the pine salad. He was promised Pine Salad, and he's waiting on it - but then he dies before Claudia can bring it to him (she does finish making it IIRC).

Contrast with:

Ozma also gets wounded, also ends up in the hospital - but the pine salad makes it to him before he has a chance to die - and he manages to eat it...

and he lives.

Ergo - I posit that perhaps had Claudia been quicker, and fed Roy the pine salad, he might not have died?

Meanwhile - Ozma's life was arguably saved by Ranka who brought him pine salad.

Bow. Goodbye Sempai.

Pete

Two major flaws in that argument.

1. It is more commonly suggested just being in the vicinity of pineapple salad is deadly, who knows what results of eating it.

2. Ozma did eat Pineapple Salad, he had Pineapple Cake. It was agreed upon by most people here that the combination of Pineapple Cake and Fire Bomber music makes you temporarily invulnerable from death, hence Ozma's survival. The Pineapple Cake on it's own also open up young Ranka (the FB music was background in that scene so it is unclear if the music helped her at all).

*sigh

Every time a Macross event date is passed in real-life I look to the sky and lament that the ASS-1 didn't fall...

I.........thought..........it.........did?

Taksraven

Two major flaws in that argument.

1. It is more commonly suggested just being in the vicinity of pineapple salad is deadly, who knows what results of eating it.

2. Ozma did eat Pineapple Salad, he had Pineapple Cake. It was agreed upon by most people here that the combination of Pineapple Cake and Fire Bomber music makes you temporarily invulnerable from death, hence Ozma's survival. The Pineapple Cake on it's own also open up young Ranka (the FB music was background in that scene so it is unclear if the music helped her at all).

I seem to recall that old thread where we discussed, with much detail, the effects of any food in the macross universe, complete with combinations, exclusions and permutations. :)

Bah, today is already 1st December.............you're late!

Graham

The joy of timezones.

Man, I've so blown my intentions of "live viewing". One day to be exact, and I miss it, never to return again. Missed all of November. Stupid foot...

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

R.I.P Sempai......

Don't worry, he is in a better place. But if it wasn't for max, sempai, and hikaru, I wouldn't be the ace pilot I am now.

On a lighter note.. I'm tempted to set up a streetcorner booth selling Hasegawa VF-1 kits on Christmas Eve. ^_^

And I actually really want to learn Silent Night in Japanese... of all the tear-jerker bits in SDFM, that one always gets to me the most.

Edited by Chronocidal

On a lighter note.. I'm tempted to set up a streetcorner booth selling Hasegawa VF-1 kits on Christmas Eve. ^_^

And I actually really want to learn Silent Night in Japanese... of all the tear-jerker bits in SDFM, that one always gets to me the most.

Ah, that was Christmas 2011, so you've still got two years to prepare. ^_^

Even with timezone consideration, Save is still late, since he's supposedly posting from Japan where, by the time he posted, was already halfway through the day. :p

Yeah but I'm not a Japanese native so I posted in my native time zone, from when I was actually introduced to the Roy character, so HA! :rolleyes: Plus I was the only one who cared to make the thread.

Edited by Save

I seem to recall that old thread where we discussed, with much detail, the effects of any food in the macross universe, complete with combinations, exclusions and permutations. :)

I just ate the Pineapple cake that Family Mart is selling with Ranka on the wrapping.

Should I fear for my life?

I just ate the Pineapple cake that Family Mart is selling with Ranka on the wrapping.

Should I fear for my life?

LISTEN TO SOME FIRE BOMBER! QUICK! IT'S THE ONLY CHANCE YOU'VE GOT!!!

"FLY AWAY! FLY AWAY! nobo~tte yuko~u

TRY AGAIN! TRY AGAIN! kinou ni te wo futte!

FLY AWAY! FLY AWAY! shinji~ru kagiri~

TRY AGAIN! TRY AGAIN! ashita wo aiseru saaaaa!"

Actually the Pineapple Cake even without Fire Bomber was shown to be helpful, as it got Ranka to speak when she was young, and My Soul for You was only playing as background scene music at the time. So it helped her come out of her shell, but when combined with the music, it make Ozma invulnerable.

That steak looked soooooooooooo good... mmm.....drooooooooooooooool.... really!

On conventions, Macross booths should always offer a buffet with pineapple salad and tepanyaki steak

No, that is a terrible idea, everyone at the conventions would die!