Help me decide on the Evangelion EVA

arrow

Evangelion EVAs- SOC or Spec  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Evangelion EVA SOC
    • Evangelion EVA Spec

I've recently got bitten by the Evangelion toy collecting bug.

I have both a unit 00 in the Bandai Chogokin Spec version and another a unit 03 in the Bandai SOC line. I'm not sure which to continue.

I feel like i'm in the same boat with the Yamato vs Bandai Macross line. The irony being that both of these are by Bandai.

The SOC with the heavy die cast.

and the Spec line which is more accurate(not to mention cool) but is very light and feels fragile.

Which line do you think I should continue with?

Edited by arrow

I have all three SPEC, with one of them being the EVA-01 renewal version (which is the one you should get as it has improvements from the non renewal).

They are the best. The armor is die-cast metal, and it's removable and the inner eva is fully poseable and they are all infinitely the coolest things ever made.

Pete

For the SOC version, I only got the black 03 and silver 04... the original 00-01-02 I couldn't bear to own because of the relatively dull paint colors. If they ever re-release in 'anime color' editions, I MIGHT consider. Instead the SPEC editions are exactly what I was hoping for: Size is almost exactly the same as the original LMHG kits by Bandai, nice details, great colors, AND you can even get a couple of soft vinyl Angels to go with them. Still hoping to see the white 'devils' in SPEC one of these days. :-)