Your thought on perfect transformation valk

shadow strikers

Personally I think perfect trans is the best, because I don't have to pull this out, move this here in order to change it. It's just simpler and a lot better for a figure then a bunch of loose parts that might get lost.

Then you need to get your hands on a Version 2 Yamato Valkyrie. It's about as "perfect transformation" for a VF-1 that you can get in 1/60 scale. The only parts-forming it has is the removable nosecone/cockpit...but that's 100% lineart accurate. It acts as an escape pod of sorts, so it's supposed to be removable. And if THAT isn't perfect enough for ya...then go for one of the 1/48 scale Valkyries...

Then you need to get your hands on a Version 2 Yamato Valkyrie. It's about as "perfect transformation" for a VF-1 that you can get in 1/60 scale. The only parts-forming it has is the removable nosecone/cockpit...but that's 100% lineart accurate. It acts as an escape pod of sorts, so it's supposed to be removable. And if THAT isn't perfect enough for ya...then go for one of the 1/48 scale Valkyries...

the 1/48's have a removable nose cone not the 1/60 and a nose cone is a nose cone not a escape pod

A VF-25 is pretty perfect and pretty simple....

I like perfect trans I had a bad experience with part forming the set that came with 3 vf-1's 2 1A's and 1S. The 1S was perfect but the 1A's boy what a pain legs fall off arms too waste of 50 dollars.

Both the 1/48 and the 1/60 V2 are perfect transformation toys.... I'm not sure what you're talking about as far as removeable nosecones. The fact you CAN, if you feel so inclined, remove the nosecone on the V2 (as shown as a feature in the actual show) doesn't make it less perfect as if you don't want to remove that part you never have too and it's never going to just fall off on its own.

Actually not quite, you still have to remove the intake covers, but all the Yamato valks have those now.

VF-25 eliminates a couple perfect variable problems by not even addressing them to begin with (they just ignored the intake covers entirely), but they still have interchangeable hands. <_< Yamatos have these too, but they are alternates to the posable ones you can fold out of the arms.

This topic really gets debated to death every time a new version of any valk comes out, and people start adjusting their perceptions of "perfect transformation" to match those of the companies producing it. If you really want perfect, you're gonna have to go to the lengths of some of the custom modders here, and make your own changes to a valk to make it perfect in your eyes.

It all comes down to how picky you are personally, regardless of how "perfect" a company says it is.

Edited by Chronocidal

Since i discovered how Kawamori designed the leg transformation I kinda find the term 'perfect transformation' kind of erroneous because it doesn't quite mimic the originally designed transformation.

vf-1-transformation5.gif

Kinda makes it hard for toy companies to design it perfectly with swing bars. The V1 1/60's are actually more accurate transformation wise :lol:

Edited by RDClip

Since i discovered how Kawamori designed the leg transformation I kinda find the term 'perfect transformation' kind of erroneous because it doesn't quite mimic the originally designed transformation.

Kinda makes it hard for toy companies to design it perfectly with swing bars. The V1 1/60's are actually more accurate transformation wise :lol:

That was Kawamori's pre-LEGO days. :lol:

Both the 1/48 and the 1/60 V2 are perfect transformation toys.... I'm not sure what you're talking about as far as removeable nosecones. The fact you CAN, if you feel so inclined, remove the nosecone on the V2 (as shown as a feature in the actual show) doesn't make it less perfect as if you don't want to remove that part you never have too and it's never going to just fall off on its own.

im saying is that the other person said the 1/60 could remove its nose cone then I said it couldnt then he said the nose cone is a escape pod then I said it isnt man you can read and no punctuation for you

vf-1-transformation5.gif

that design would be cool :D

Actually not quite, you still have to remove the intake covers, but all the Yamato valks have those now.

VF-25 eliminates a couple perfect variable problems by not even addressing them to begin with (they just ignored the intake covers entirely), but they still have interchangeable hands. <_< Yamatos have these too, but they are alternates to the posable ones you can fold out of the arms.

This topic really gets debated to death every time a new version of any valk comes out, and people start adjusting their perceptions of "perfect transformation" to match those of the companies producing it. If you really want perfect, you're gonna have to go to the lengths of some of the custom modders here, and make your own changes to a valk to make it perfect in your eyes.

It all comes down to how picky you are personally, regardless of how "perfect" a company says it is.

should they remake the vf-1's to transform like in the show like the leg mechanism shown in a earlier post here

I'm saying is the person of the earth who is reading the message is hard to understand when person who writes with no punctuation keeps spamming the board with mindless gibberish.

what are you trying to get at?

writing function is to enable people of the earth to understand persons other than self in a non verbal manner using this format without using punctuation is rude to the person who is attempting to understand the expressed ideas of person who is the writing but is inefficient as the writing takes time to decipher leading the person who is reading to conclude that either the person who is writing is mentally challenged and incapable of producing a coherent thought or that the ideas contained within are not worth reading as the person who originated the ideas did not care enough for those that will come to read the ease of reading and comprehension refusing to format written message in easily comprehensible manner

writing function is to enable people of the earth to understand persons other than self in a non verbal manner using this format without using punctuation is rude to the person who is attempting to understand the expressed ideas of person who is the writing but is inefficient as the writing takes time to decipher leading the person who is reading to conclude that either the person who is writing is mentally challenged and incapable of producing a coherent thought or that the ideas contained within are not worth reading as the person who originated the ideas did not care enough for those that will come to read the ease of reading and comprehension refusing to format written message in easily comprehensible manner

I understand but it's quicker for me to write like that. Well I can't always get what I want, so ill start adding punctuation to my sentences.

I'm saying is the person of the earth who is reading the message is hard to understand when person who writes with no punctuation keeps spamming the board with mindless gibberish.

By mimicking your posting style., he's telling you that you're off your damn medications again with your constant gibberish spamming of this board

Again.

By mimicking your posting style., he's telling you that you're off your damn medications again with your constant gibberish spamming of this board

Again.

I'm not spamming, I just respond to comments quicker then most people.

Okay some people gave me their thoughts on perfect trans valk. But most people are complaining, its okay if eugimon did because he was trying to get me to use punctuation.

Not quite, the term "Perfect Transfomation" was never meant to reflect a toy or model that transformed lineart accurate, but more rather, transform from a fighter, gerwalk, and battroid (relating to VF, etc.) while keeping the unique distinction of what each transformation is meant to convey based on what the creator has provided.

All designs based on Kawamori's renderings are just slight interpretations of what can physically be done given the constraints of space, scale, and media used to create a tangible product.

On a more humorous note, I may have found a new sig. ^_^

Reminds me of a warning image from an old board I frequented (note, this wasn't meant for the same situation as here.. it was more when people were starting flame wars, so if it feels inappropriate here, I'll remove it).

dangerthread.jpg

But anyway, yah, perfect transformation usually in my mind means "you don't need to take it apart and put it back together again to make it transform."

Note, there are many ways for this to happen, but the VF-1 tends to stick with one of a couple tried and true methods.

For a very different take on the sequence, there's one that even includes side covers as part of the arm mechanism in a recent post in one of the model sections. It was a very different take on the transformation, but no less effective than the standard Yamato VF-1.

Edited by Chronocidal

Aren't perfect transformation figures, generally, not just valks, figures that cycle through all their modes without the need to add\remove separate parts [except for maybe the guns and fixed pose hands]? It has nothing to do with lineart.

The nosecones of the 1/48 scale were removable for diorama or detail freaks, not because it prohibited the transformation. The GBP armour had two nosecone covers, but you could still transform it and armour it up without removing anything.

We haven't had a Yamato non perfect transformation valkyrie since their 1/60 ver.1 days, not sure what opinions you're trying to scrounge up here for 8 year old toys?

My thoughts on perfect transformation valk:

I think the most important thing is to make a valk like a Transformer, and in general Yamato needs to scrap the entire line and give up the license to someone who will re-market this dying series because right now it's just a bunch of 100 dollar cheap plastic toys that only old blind people with too much money buy. They need to use the same plastic and methods that Hasbro uses and combine it with the plastic used by the NASA on Space shuttles.

On a serious note - Kawamori didn't need lego. I don't have the picture - maybe somebody does - but remember that Kawamori's first VF-1 was made of wood. I believe it had the swing bars.

Pete

I like perfect trans I had a bad experience with part forming the set that came with 3 vf-1's 2 1A's and 1S. The 1S was perfect but the 1A's boy what a pain legs fall off arms too waste of 50 dollars.

Wait - what "set" is being refered to here?

Pete