Bandai hi-metal VF-1

Shaggydog

So is this a confirmed Bandai release? This is the same photo as in the other thread and I was under the impression it didn't say anything about Bandai, just "Hi-Metal". I think Bandai is a safe assumption, but I'd still like confirmation.

Bandai is pretty late to the game. Yamato has effectively finished the VF-1.

+1, I have every V2 release from yamato and I really don't see the point of getting them from Bandai, probably get the VF-1S as comparison.

I've been waited long enough to see Bandai release a new mold on VF-1, but they never did and I basically give up Bandai with disappointment. The dream came true untill I see yamato in 2001 with V1. It was gorgeous, 1/48 was even better, but the V2 is probably the best VF-1 toy.

Screw bandai.

I think the Hi Metal VF-1 will probably same size as the 1/100 VF-19, which make it very likely in around 1/72 scale.

I think this is why Yamato has been releasing their 1:60 VF-1 like mad - 9 VF-1 (& fast packs) in 2008 July to Dec, 17 VF-1 in 2009 not counting any exclusive or reissues. They know Bandai have the license to make new VF-1 starting at 2010.
I don't think Bandai has an exclusive license for the VF-1 though. Chances are they just scored the 1/100, and 1/55 licenses, and Yamato is still releasing VF-1 toys in 1/60 scale next year.
If this is 1/100 scale.... goodnight Toynami.
agreed

Not likely.

Toynami has a better price point than Tamashii's latest.

I fear that the price will kill this line too...

Though the diecast content might not be high, I have no doubt in my mind that the VF HI-METAL VF-1 will be of significantly higher quality than the Toynami, so I'd pay up for it.
It would be awesome if it turns out to be 1/72 scale.
Indeed, it would be one hell of a modernized HCM. Speaking of Toynami I'm sure George Sohn would love these if these turn out to be 1/72.
It's nice to see all of these choices in the market.
Hell yeah

Bandai is pretty late to the game. Yamato has effectively finished the VF-1.

Exactly. They "finished" them so that they will not have their 1:60 and cheaper 1:100 in the same "just released" box pile.

They may also have some agreement with Bandai to avoid overlapping release, so that they can release some Macross 7 units.

High-res vesion of the scan - high enough to read the text.

post-467-1259244650_thumb.jpg

Wow... That additional coverage is awesome! More destroid goodness!! I wonder if Yamato is going to can their Phalanx since it doesn't seem due out any time soon and Bandai is going to be releasing smaller (ie cheaper) destroids.

Those are scale models from Wave at 1:72 and 1:100 scale, not new toys from Bandai.

Although I think the chance of seeing destroid from side-VF or Revoltech is above 0.

The profile looks a bit off. I wonder why they are making the chest/collar area raised in fighter mode? Surely that's not necessary anymore? I thought maybe it's like that because it's a prototype, but after really looking closely I think it's meant to be like that.

Chris

Exactly. They "finished" them so that they will not have their 1:60 and cheaper 1:100 in the same "just released" box pile.

They may also have some agreement with Bandai to avoid overlapping release, so that they can release some Macross 7 units.

High-res vesion of the scan - high enough to read the text.

post-467-1259244650_thumb.jpg

Profile of the nose in fighter mode looks nice.