Podcasting time with Macross

ChrisG

I know some people here listen to Gundamn! @ MAHQ and have probably heard the extensive coverage we gave to Frontier last year. We also had a long-running series where we devoted a segment to each past Gundam production. With that mammoth project out of the way, we've turned our attention to doing the same with Macross. Each production is getting its own segment, minus Frontier (which we already covered). I'll toss out some handy links below.

SDF Macross: http://is.gd/52MS5

DYRL & FB 2012: http://is.gd/52MVr

Macross II: http://is.gd/52MWa

Macross Plus: http://is.gd/52MWW

Macross 7: http://tinyurl.com/Gundamn43

Macross 7 sequels & Macross Zero: http://is.gd/5HZLE

Macross Frontier review index: http://is.gd/52MXN

EDIT: Roundup is done! Links added for 7 sequels and Zero.

Please share any comments you might have.

Edited by ChrisG

• 2 weeks later...

The Macross 7 podcast from CDX was awesome. It's what made go back and listen to all the other ones that were out at that point. I liked all the macross podcasts but there was one i think there was one that could've been better. I think it was the Macross zero one, though it's been awhile and i could be wrong.

Hey Chris, how can we subscribe and receive email notifications whenever a new episode is up?

You can subscribe on iTunes if you use that, or subscribe to the RSS feed on Gundamn.net. You won't get email notices, but you can check the live bookmark in your browser. Unrelated - the first post has been updated to include the most recently released episode, covering Macross 7.

Edited by ChrisG

can't wait for the 7 OVA and zero reviews.

why did the shower water shoot downward when the soda shot upward

remember that the pipe is connected to the ship, the soda can is free floating.simple Newtonian physics, equal and opposite forces.

Edited by evirus

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an update on Macross-related goings on at Gundamn! This Sunday we will be recording the final episode of 2009. To end the year with a bang, we'll be doing a double roundup to cover both the 7 OVAs and Zero. The main reason I'm posting though is because I want feedback from MW users for a future topic that will be covered probably in late January. The Macross topic is part of a broader discussion on things American mecha fans will have to accept whether they like it or not. The Macross topic will be along the lines of this: "HG will always maintain an iron grip on Robotech, and no one else is going to ever release any other Macross."

Overly pessimistic? Perhaps. What I would like to see is some detailed thoughts both for and against this proposition. The people who come up with the best arguments on both sides will have their names and comments mentioned in the show. I hoping to see some good comments, but please leave out any HG flamebaiting or hate. Let's keep things reasonable.

EDIT: Please do not post your responses to this question in this thread. Send them to me in a PM. If you have any general comments on Gundamn, that's fine to post here.

Edited by ChrisG

Overly pessimistic? Perhaps. What I would like to see is some detailed thoughts both for and against this proposition. The people who come up with the best arguments on both sides will have their names and comments mentioned in the show. I hoping to see some good comments, but please leave out any HG flamebaiting or hate. Let's keep things reasonable.

*tap tap tap* You may want to ask this in the HG/RT debate thread. I'd rather not bring discussion of this beyond that thread. Or they can PM you some responses.

*tap tap tap* You may want to ask this in the HG/RT debate thread. I'd rather not bring discussion of this beyond that thread.

I asked it here because I didn't think it was proper to invade another thread to ask about things relating to my podcast when there was already this thread here.

Speaking as a podcaster who has already covered all the Macross shows/movies: Don't do this. You will not want to deal with the crazies this will attract.

I don't doubt that you've encountered crazies, and I know I run the risk of that with a controversial topic like this. But that's kind of the point - to discuss something people are uncomfortable with. I know it's a fine line to walk, but most of the people on MW are reasonable folk, so I don't expect the same kind of answers here versus if I were asking somewhere like 4chan, or Robotech.com.

I don't doubt that you've encountered crazies, and I know I run the risk of that with a controversial topic like this. But that's kind of the point - to discuss something people are uncomfortable with. I know it's a fine line to walk, but most of the people on MW are reasonable folk, so I don't expect the same kind of answers here versus if I were asking somewhere like 4chan, or Robotech.com.

No, it's not about handling topics that are uncomfortable, it's about having crazies somehow tracking your cell phone number down and calling you 20 times at 3 in the morning. Seriously, these people are crazy and this will draw them out.

I asked it here because I didn't think it was proper to invade another thread to ask about things relating to my podcast when there was already this thread here.

I mean I'd rather not have this thread become entrenched in that debate. If they want to post a talking point or leave comments, they should either PM you or in the Debate thread as opposed to in this thread since we don't want this thread to become a part-2 of the debate thread.

You may want to do a 2-part podcast, one to deal with you and your fellow commentators' talking points, and then a separate show for potential user comments. Just an idea.

I mean I'd rather not have this thread become entrenched in that debate. If they want to post a talking point or leave comments, they should either PM you or in the Debate thread as opposed to in this thread since we don't want this thread to become a part-2 of the debate thread.

You may want to do a 2-part podcast, one to deal with you and your fellow commentators' talking points, and then a separate show for potential user comments. Just an idea.

In that case, I'll go this route: people should PM me responses to the question. I'll edit the previous post.

With 2009 drawing to a close today, so too does Gundamn's Macross Roundup. In our last episode of the year, we did a double dose covering the 7 sequels and Zero. Top post has been updated with links. We'll be starting off 2010 with a full episode devoted to Legend of the Galactic Heroes. After that, we'll be covering the Macross/Robotech/HG topic mentioned earlier in this thread. Have a happy New Year!

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the bump, but there's a new episode with a Macross-related topic. The topic I mentioned back in December discussing Robotech, Harmony Gold and North America is covered in our newest episode. Special thanks to the users from MW who provided feedback. We probably won't be talking about Macross on the show for awhile, but the next time we do, I hope to solicit more input from MW members.

Gundamn! episode 46: http://is.gd/7CN0f