Yamato 1/60 VF-1 Angelbird and Fan Racer

ff95gj

I'm not too familiar with that site that has them up, but how much do they have the preorder for?

It's selling for $109 each plus shipping for VF-X and AB at hkcollectibles. It says will be released in May 2011 so I guess Yamato decides to run a mass production run after the initial web exclusive crap. Correct me if I am wrong but those who have paid premium to get contacts in Japan to get these initial exclusive are yamatoed.

The VF-X is now out of stock. I find it a little weird that both amiami and hlj don't carry this new run. Still says that the X is limited to a 1000 unit batch though.

Out of stock where now? HKCollectables is still showing it available when I just checked the website.

An answer to a prayer, amen!

Indeed. A good start to the morning to find the email saying these were up for pre-order. Tough decision, but I plumped for the VF-X. Really hope I've managed to grab one in time.

Even if I miss out, I've no doubt a few will hit the after market at a more sensible price anyway.

EDIT: My contact informed me that Yamato are being a bit cagey on production run numbers, so get in there quick guys.

Edited by blackwater_park

Don't know if I should get one. I like both schemes but can only get one, if any. Anybody have both?

BTW, why do these HK stores have it and not HLJ? HLJ sells some of the web exclusive Yamato products.

Don't know if I should get one. I like both schemes but can only get one, if any. Anybody have both?

BTW, why do these HK stores have it and not HLJ? HLJ sells some of the web exclusive Yamato products.

It'd be scary if they are HK bootlegs. Oh, and I do have both. Both are very cool, and unique. The VF-X has the panel to hide the arms under, and is pretty cool to look at, but something about the 1/60 AB that just makes it really stand out. Probably one of the best put together VF-1s by Yamato so far.

Big Bad Toystore has the VF-X and Angelbird for pre-order now too. $145 each. Dunno if difference in shipping between US and Hong Kong would make up for the price diff between HKcollectibles.

It'd be scary if they are HK bootlegs. Oh, and I do have both. Both are very cool, and unique. The VF-X has the panel to hide the arms under, and is pretty cool to look at, but something about the 1/60 AB that just makes it really stand out. Probably one of the best put together VF-1s by Yamato so far.

Has anyone ever come across an HK bootleg from a legit looking box?

Well I ordered the pair form my trusted local shop where I did most of my Yamato purchases over the past few years and all without any problem.

I cannot believe that these two valks are bootlegs, so far I never heard of any Yamato bootlegs, so fingers crossed! The only thing I can think of why they are not available in Japan, eg HLJ is maybe they are overproductions from the factories and have leaked out to the Hong Kong suppliers - just my thoughts though!

Maybe HLJ is not up for it yet.

Or maybe this is just another oddity.

Just like when Bandai released a limited soc GX-24N years ago, turned out the items are flooding in local market.

Haha whatever happened to this so called limited release.

Just enjoy the opportunity to grab one with a good price B))

Well I ordered the pair form my trusted local shop where I did most of my Yamato purchases over the past few years and all without any problem.

I cannot believe that these two valks are bootlegs, so far I never heard of any Yamato bootlegs, so fingers crossed! The only thing I can think of why they are not available in Japan, eg HLJ is maybe they are overproductions from the factories and have leaked out to the Hong Kong suppliers - just my thoughts though!

They are not bootlegs (I believe)... The shop I usually get my Yammies carry this one, from the same distributor as other Yammies.

The chance that the same distributor carries both official products and bootlegs is non-existent. :) So no worries, place the order!

Has anyone ordered from this e-tailer before? They are willing to give me 6% discount for a case each of VF-X and AB!

I've ordered from them a couple of times. So far no complaints.

Edited by ff95gj

Maybe HLJ is not up for it yet.

Or maybe this is just another oddity.

Just like when Bandai released a limited soc GX-24N years ago, turned out the items are flooding in local market.

Haha whatever happened to this so called limited release.

Just enjoy the opportunity to grab one with a good price B))

By the looks of the listed sellers it seems that these releases are for Hong Kong. The AB and VF-X were mail-away exclusives for Macross Chronicle Magazine in Japan.

Takara Tony do similar releases with Transformers for Japan and Asia for their exclusives.

By the looks of the listed sellers it seems that these releases are for Hong Kong.

Unless BBTS.com in the US is getting stock through a Hong Kong intermediary, it doesn't seem these are Hong Kong releases. HLJ not having them up doesn't mean anything either. They are notoriously slow to put stuff out.

Unless BBTS.com in the US is getting stock through a Hong Kong intermediary, it doesn't seem these are Hong Kong releases. HLJ not having them up doesn't mean anything either. They are notoriously slow to put stuff out.

Yep, BBTS is a 3rd party import store. Not even www.yamatotoysusa.com stock Macross product.