Yamato 1/60 VF-1 Angelbird and Fan Racer

ff95gj

It's EXTREMELY white and EXTREMELY gorgeous. The LED flash probably helps a bit but it's a great looking toy.

Strange then, cause this is going to be my first v2 1:60. Strange cause it's the Angelbird that's finally getting me to take the plunge, not the iconic TV 1S. :)

This is an exclusive then?

Is it too late to join the group buy?

Strange then, cause this is going to be my first v2 1:60. Strange cause it's the Angelbird that's finally getting me to take the plunge, not the iconic TV 1S. :)

Unless you can find one now.

Just got mine. I'm at work and only had a chance to look it over in the box. It looks great!

I really don't care about the fan-racer though. I'm not sure if I'll sell it or paint it orange and white or try to trade for a regular white fan racer kit.

I was hoping Yamato would put some effort into the AB stickers. No luck. Besides the standard marking sheet, there is nothing that says "Angel Birds". Only black tail numbers (box shows white tail numbers) and some blue and red stickers that I'm not sure where they go.

Pretty much minimal effort for markings on Yamato's part :(

Now I wish I had some Hasegawa 1/72 Angel Bird decals to put in it.

Just got mine. I'm at work and only had a chance to look it over in the box. It looks great!

I really don't care about the fan-racer though. I'm not sure if I'll sell it or paint it orange and white or try to trade for a regular white fan racer kit.

I was hoping Yamato would put some effort into the AB stickers. No luck. Besides the standard marking sheet, there is nothing that says "Angel Birds". Only black tail numbers (box shows white tail numbers) and some blue and red stickers that I'm not sure where they go.

Pretty much minimal effort for markings on Yamato's part :(

Now I wish I had some Hasegawa 1/72 Angel Bird decals to put in it.

That kinida suck. Hasegawa did a much better job as always....

Do you have picture of the sticker sheet? Is it sticker or water slide decal?

Angel-Bird-Box.jpg

Yeah, sorry to say, most likely way too late to get in on a group buy unless somebody else knows something I don't. I think we organized this one back in May was it?

That kinida suck. Hasegawa did a much better job as always....

Do you have picture of the sticker sheet? Is it sticker or water slide decal?

Here is a B/W scan from my work copier. They look to be stickers and not decals.

post-740-129236557863_thumb.jpg

They are pretty awful actually. Every artwork image or toy/model of the AB shows the tail numbers in white. Yet they chose black.

The other parts are blue on top and red on the bottom. They might say in the directions where they go but I haven't looked there yet.

I still can't believe they skipped the "angel birds" for the legs. Yamato included it in the 1/48. Shrinking it down wasn't an option?

They toy looks fantastic. Sad Yamato toy design dept felt like putting in more effort then Yamato sticker dept.

Edited by Rabidweezil

Here is a B/W scan from my work copier. They look to be stickers and not decals.

post-740-129236557863_thumb.jpg

They are pretty awful actually. Every artwork image or toy/model of the AB shows the tail numbers in white. Yet they chose black.

The other parts are blue on top and red on the bottom. They might say in the directions where they go but I haven't looked there yet.

I still can't believe they skipped the "angel birds" for the legs. Yamato included it in the 1/48. Shrinking it down wasn't an option?

They toy looks fantastic. Sad Yamato toy design dept felt like putting in more effort then Yamato sticker dept.

The blue & red color sticker in "A" are for L and R of the head, I could be wrong but I have 90% confident.

The numbering in "B" is supposed to be white for tail fins.

I think thats pretty much it as well.... not much left to be done, maybe just a couple more obscure schemes, like the all black scheme we saw in the series as well as the Alaskan guard scheme. Either way, all mass release 1/60 VF-1s are pretty much done... and if ever these 2 are released, its gonna probably some exclusive stuff.

At least we can look forward to year 2011 as the year of the VF-19s! :)

I believe so, unless Yamato is as creative as Hasegawa does with their own custom schemes.... I guess their custom schemes didn't do well in 1/48 scale previously so they are hesitate to do more on V2.

There is no doubt that further additional schemes would be exclusive. :ph34r:

They were shipped in a master carton which contains 4 units. So they are protected by two layers of heavy duty cardboard.

But when we ordered 5 units, one unit was shipped by itself without the protection of the master carton.

That's the unit I kept. =P

Edited by nanoplasm

Hm..... the background colors of the front (and back too! )of the box makes it looks as though the valk is posed before a French flag... :lol: Not that there is anything wrong of course, just an observation.

Hm.... somehow I can imagine a picture of the mustachioed AB in a Basque-style beret playing an accordion... :D

Sadly, I have a feeling that it concludes the era of 1/60 VF-1 Yammies...

Yeah, I asked Yamato recently if they were going to reissue the 1/60 DYRL VF-1Ss. They told me there weren't any plans, and if there was to be a reissue it wouldn't be for at least another year.

Edited by Old Man

Hm..... the background colors of the front (and back too! )of the box makes it looks as though the valk is posed before a French flag... :lol: Not that there is anything wrong of course, just an observation.

Hm.... somehow I can imagine a picture of the mustachioed AB in a Basque-style beret playing an accordion... :D

You've got good inspiration, I didn't notice that until you mention it.... :)

Yeah, I asked Yamato recently if they were going to reissue the 1/60 DYRL VF-1Ss. They told me there weren't any plans, and if there was to be a reissue it wouldn't be for at least another year.

I think he means it's very unlikely to see new scheme after AB and VF-X. I won't be surprised though if Yamato does reissue on previous releases.

Still haven't opened the set I got, but the pics of it look nice. It's disappointing that I could only get one. I wanted a squad of these to go with the Fan Racer. Would rather have more of this true version than the easily-obtainable 1/48 version with the wrong VF-1A head. Anyone got plans to make the Angelbirds stickers/decals for the legs?

They were shipped in a master carton which contains 4 units. So they are protected by two layers of heavy duty cardboard.

But when we ordered 5 units, one unit was shipped by itself without the protection of the master carton.

That's the unit I kept. =P

Oh, forgot to thank you for making it possible to get this.

I gotta say, this is one of the more prettier Valks Yamato has made. I love this blue color, as it's not so soft a blue, and meshes well with the red. I was happy to get this one for sure. Unfortunately, I haven't transformed mine, so no battroid pics from me.

The blue on the 1/60 looks too dark...

the 1/48 had a better color for the blue..

and the head scheme...its not for my taste <_<

Most people feel the other way around, but to each of it's own. Buy what you love, love what you buy.

I gotta say, this is one of the more prettier Valks Yamato has made. I love this blue color, as it's not so soft a blue, and meshes well with the red. I was happy to get this one for sure. Unfortunately, I haven't transformed mine, so no battroid pics from me.

Yeah man the box keeps calling my name, but I have nowhere to put this awesome looking piece.

Once I have more display area, I will free this beauty from it's box.

As for now it remains unopened :(

I also agree that this version looks alot better than the 1/48 version.

I remember when I first decided to get into the Yamato Macross toys

The 1/48 version was like the only one that seemed to be in stock.

With that said I held off and decided to start up on 1/60 v 2's

I just did not like the scheme in 1/48

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Apparently this 1/60 Angelbird and the VF-1X is up for preorder at HKcollectibles. I've always thought they were a limited run exclusive.

BUMP!

I put my preorder for both in...Now I am super psyched...These I would argue are harder to find then the M & M 1/60.

Though a re-release of max and miria would be great too.

I am a little upset because I told myself I wouldn't get into Macross TV because there were too many valks that were hard to find..Now, I have less excuse.

Oh well, just have to pick up more OT

Edited by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX