Yamato 1/60 VF-1 Angelbird and Fan Racer

ff95gj

I'm pretty sure the "Angelbirds" lettering was never actually on the VF-1A's leg, but more of a custom script created by Hasegawa for their model kits.

This is actually looking pretty nice.

I really do like the ultra glossy finish on the Blue and Red markings.

The markings on the head, well let's just say, I'm just not fond of the old 1990's fade. :lol:

Definitely looks better than the 1/48 version. I'm a sucker for the Angelbirds deco, but I haven't decided yet weather to get this. It really bugs be that the fan racer isn't painted with a Hikaru figure as that would have been a perfect set.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished calculating the cost for the group buy.

It will be 16950JPY (+ bulk EMS shipping + domestic shipping) for each order of the Angelbird + Fan Racer. :o

The mark-up includes Yamato internal shipping/processing fees, paypal fees, and a less than $20USD tip to the Japanese contact.

Please let me know if there is still an interest in doing a group buy for this. :)

It will be 16950JPY (+ bulk EMS shipping + domestic shipping) for each order of the Angelbird + Fan Racer. :o

The mark-up includes Yamato internal shipping/processing fees, paypal fees, and a less than $20USD tip to the Japanese contact.

Please let me know if there is still an interest in doing a group buy for this. :)

No. Name Qty

1. Vi-RS x2

Edited by Vi-RS

I'll take 1 :)

Although I have no interest in the fan racer. Hopefully I can find someone that will take that off of my hands.

and Nanoplasm, is this from Macross Chronicles #48? If so will you need to buy a copy of the Mag for each order? I'm wondering because I haven't ordered that issue for my collection yet. I don't want to end up with 2.

Edited by Rabidweezil

I'll take 1 :)

Although I have no interest in the fan racer. Hopefully I can find someone that will take that off of my hands.

and Nanoplasm, is this from Macross Chronicles #48? If so will you need to buy a copy of the Mag for each order? I'm wondering because I haven't ordered that issue for my collection yet. I don't want to end up with 2.

Each copy can order up to 5 units/sets.

We got three copies of MC#48 just in case there is a demand. ;)

We have to cut stuff out of the magazine in order to place order, so I got an extra copy of MC#48 for 'collecting' purpose as well. :)

Don't worry, we got people here collecting fan racers. ^_^

You can count me in for one depending on when payment is due.

• 1 month later...

What did Tommy say?

空想兵器研究室のTommyと申します。

今回から空想メカアイテムを中心に、様々なかたちで地味~にご紹介して

いければと思いま~す。

で、今回は「マクロス・クロニクル」誌上通販アイテム2点をピック

したいと思います。

先ずは1/60VF-1Aエンジェルバーズ&ファンレーサーキットのセットアイテムで~す。

色々な意味で特殊な存在の機体だと思いますが、以前1/48スケールでも

リリースした機体なのでございます。

1/48VF-1ではバトロイド時にセーラー衣装を思わせるカラーリングパターンを施した

ことにより、ファイター時のラインパターンがかなりアニメ設定とは違うものになっておりました。

それを今回の1/60スケールでは、アニメ設定に近いラインパターンで再現されているのが

最大の特徴です。

機体自体の形状も1/60は1/48スケールと比べてかなりスッキリした感じではありますが、

ラインパターンなど、色々な意味でとても美しい機体に仕上っておりま~す。

で、とにかくこうなってくるとファンレサーが・・・。

いや~合成写真って素敵ですよね!

旧1/60スケールでは、パッケージにCG合成的な写真を毎回使用していまし

たが、実は今回のこの加工も、当時その合成写真を作って頂いた方にお願いを

しておりま~す。

しかし本来はこういう遊びを個人で気軽にできれば本当に嬉しいのですが・・・。

実際なかなか難しいですよね~。

で、ファンレーサーキットですが、今回はクリア成型版になります。

現在OnlineShopで販売中のものと形状は一緒になりますが、塗っても良し、そのまま

飾っても良しという感じです。

殆どの方がご存知だと思いますが、MADE IN JAPANならではのシャープさや

接着剤不要のパーツの勘合など、ニヤリとするような内容になっておりま~す。

で、これらのアイテムは今月末(6/30)が締めきりということですので、是非興味の

ある方この機会をお見逃しなく!

(詳しくはマクロス・クロニクル50号を要チェックで~す。)

次回は1/60VF-Xをピックしたいと思います。

それではまた研究室に戻りま~す。

Tommy

274-3.jpg

Edited by Vi-RS

• 5 months later...

Woah, that Angelbird if F@#$king gorgeous!

Is the toy *really* that white, or is it just light reflection? If that white is half as crisp as it is in that photo...wow. Just wow.

It's EXTREMELY white and EXTREMELY gorgeous. The LED flash probably helps a bit but it's a great looking toy.