Yamato 1/60 VF-1 Angelbird and Fan Racer

ff95gj

I wonder what the reason is for going with a full release for these two? Was there a big enough demand on the limited variety they decided it would be worth it to go ahead with a full release? Were they always scheduled to be released and they decided to have some "promos" (in the case of the VF-X being offered through that magazine) ahead of time? Are there other variants they might consider? They have already stamped out more unique VF-1's than pretty much anybody else to my recollection. Even with the amount of "not another VF-1" chatter we get on this message board it sounds like most of these sell through enough to warrant yet more variations.

I concur...bring on the U.N. Headquarters Guard and Dark Bird!!!

That's about the only two schemes they have left to make unless they start branching out to VF-X (which they already started doing) or they feel like making a Macross 7 Milia with the black bands around the legs and on the wings.

I wonder what the reason is for going with a full release for these two? Was there a big enough demand on the limited variety they decided it would be worth it to go ahead with a full release? Were they always scheduled to be released and they decided to have some "promos" (in the case of the VF-X being offered through that magazine) ahead of time? Are there other variants they might consider? They have already stamped out more unique VF-1's than pretty much anybody else to my recollection. Even with the amount of "not another VF-1" chatter we get on this message board it sounds like most of these sell through enough to warrant yet more variations.

I don't think that's another release for these two. Most likely these are from the same production run when they first did it for exclusive online mail order, but they have run extra to see the market demand or maybe balance from initial production run.

I could be wrong, but if we were going to see video game schemes, we would have M&M VF-11B's, ravens 11B's (they have milked this mold the least) and a YF-19 (1/60) by now.

I'm referring specifically to any VF-1 schemes. Yamato seems far less willing to release other types of VF's in different schemes.

• 2 months later...

To anyone who,s had the courage to transform their AB numerous times(not just once)..any shoulder issues or other QC issues?

Please no guesstimations on pins etc, just experience from transforming it.

Thanx. :D

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I got the clear one, and I'm almost positive it comes with Hikaru.

By the way, since I don't have a 1/60 Angelbirds that isn't buried in storage, did these not come with the Angelbirds stickers for the legs like the 1/48 version? If so, did anyone make any custom stickers/decals?

Unfortunately Yamato dropped the ball on the decals and didn't include the "Angel Birds" for the legs, even though they provided a small replacement sheet for the white tail numbers later on.

I'd also like to know if anyone made a custom set of decals...I'd be all over that!

Hey EXO--- messing around at work....I was gonna try and print my own this weekend..try Microsoft Word Font "Brush Script MT". When compared side by side with the Hasagawa 1:48 Box art...it looks pretty damn close to me!!!

post-11393-0-14781900-1357246666_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Yes sir! Testor's Waterslide Decal Custom Kit. Printed the words out at work (Microsoft Word Brush Script MT--26pt font I think) on the laser jet printer (even though my decal paper is for inkjet--didn't seem to matter), brought them home, sealed with a couple of quick coats of the decal sealer spray and then cut, trim, dip in water for literally 2 seconds, wait about 30 seconds and slide right onto Valk. Smooth out with damp Q tip. DONE! That's it! Took me literally 5 minutes. NOW I need to find a way to print white so I can make the "Just Married" for the Virgin Road VF-1D! B))

Edited by derex3592

That's pure awesomeness...gahh! We gotta figure out how to do the VF1D Virgin Road leg "Just Married" decal. Same font works..but need the white ribbon behind it.....ohh and that cool one on the tail fin too! Lol!

post-11393-0-21767300-1357527410_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592