AFA 2009 Singapore 21 & 22 Nov 2009 - Fukuyama / May'N Concert

Wolfx, ikhii and I would be making a trip down to Singapore this weekend for the AFA 2009. We are meeting up with some fellow members in Singapore. If you like join us please pm me or wolfx. Thanks :lol:

I presume you are from Malaysia? Are you guys going to stay overnight?

yes i do.. actually i already have the book, but would like one signed if possible =) hell a picture with her holding the book is also a bonus..

Hi kicker, sorry the autograph session did not materilized today. But here is a photo of her in today event

post-761-1258824527_thumb.jpg

Cheers !

BOMBA...the concert was awesome. AWESOME! Love Fukuyama and May'N. The duet left me to tears thinking of wanting for more. I need them to stay.

Amazing performance and really worth the price. Won't regret to go again and see them in other concerts in future.

ikhii

I may not be a Mac7 convert yet but I am most definitely impressed by Fukuyama's performance. I did wonder out loud when he sang Totsugeki Love Heart 'earlier than expected' during his segment, but when it was time for the encore and he plucked the chords for Diamond Crevasse in accompaniment to May'n's pure vocals, the night was complete. I really, really wish the official recordings will be released somehow. The sound system was actually much improved over last year's and was only let down by the overly bass-heavy equalization of the backing tracks. When Fukuyama played the guitar, every note was crystal clear. Hope very much to catch him and his F-Band (or JAM Project) next year! :-)

I really feel that some of Sheryl's/May'n's best songs need the correct accompaniment during live performances. For example, Yosei sounds beautiful on the album but the the overlapping vocals and chorus is practically impossible to recreate on-stage. So the best live version of Yosei so far has to be from the Budokan concert where the music was stripped down to Yoko Kanno on piano and no backing vocals - pure and powerful; whereas at AFA08, the musical arrangement sounded a bit awkward. For Diamond Crevasse, it's 'easier' and May'n always sounds great singing it live. But if you want the most evocative performances, again, the arrangement has got to be minimalist: like Budokan's encore duet with Megumi... and now with Fukuyama on acoustic guitar at AFA09. Magical.

We did not take any pictures during the concert, we wanted to be "good boys" and comply with the organizer's instruction not to take any picture during the concert. It was still a memorable concert. I would like to thank ggemini and drifand for helping us get the tickets ! Drifand was also kind enough to pass the lucky draw ticket to wolfx to get fukuyama's autograph !

post-761-1259124954_thumb.jpg

post-761-1259125012_thumb.jpg