Cowboy Bebop and Pop Culture

Alex

I just remembered that in the episode where we find out about Faye's past and how she woke up from cryogenic sleep theres a chase scene. They nearly hit a car which if I'm not mistaken is Lupin IIIs car from Castle of Cagliostro.

For anyone who really loves this series, I highly recommend the Tokyopop "Anime Guide" for this series. It goes through the entire series in six volumes and adds little notes in where the "homage" or "inspiration" for certain scenes come from. They may be difficult to track down, but they are worth it. This show even trumps Macross/Macross Plus on my list of favorites, plus it is very accessible for non-anime fans. Ok, I will go back to lurking now...

For anyone who really loves this series, I highly recommend the Tokyopop "Anime Guide" for this series. It goes through the entire series in six volumes and adds little notes in where the "homage" or "inspiration" for certain scenes come from. They may be difficult to track down, but they are worth it. This show even trumps Macross/Macross Plus on my list of favorites, plus it is very accessible for non-anime fans. Ok, I will go back to lurking now...

Thanks for the tip. Any idea where I could get my hands on that guide?

......plus it is very accessible for non-anime fans.

Yep. My self and Renato both agree that this is the best series to show non-anime fans who expect Macross Front-and-Rear levels of fan service from typical anime.

Didn't know that the guide compiled a list of the homages. Gotta get to Mandarake after work and see if I can get that puppy.

Didn't know that the guide compiled a list of the homages. Gotta get to Mandarake after work and see if I can get that puppy.

Good luck finding them there...they're put out by Tokyo Pop, made for western audiences and English-only.

That's Cyndi Lauper. Man, she's actually become respectable with age now. :lol:

But I still love her music. PUNK ON, Cyndi. ^_^

*sigh*

No, that's "She-Bop." <_<