Clash of the Titans - remake teaser

Vermillion21

Clash of the Titans Movie Remake in 2010

A remake of the famous 1981 movie Clash of the Titans is under works. This Clash of the Titans movie remake is helmed by Director Louis Leterrier and is starring Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes. It will be released in March 2010.

Here below a few pictures from the set of Clash of the Titans:

(Click on a picture to enlarge it.)

Plot:

"Perseus (Sam Worthington) is the mortal son of Zeus (Liam Neeson), king of the gods. He must lead a band of warriors on a quest to prevent Hades (Ralph Fiennes), god of the underworld, from seizing power from Zeus."

Movie Cast:

- Sam Worthington as Perseus

- Liam Neeson as Zeus

- Ralph Fiennes as Hades

- Gemma Arterton as Io

- Mads Mikkelsen as Draco, leader of the Praetorian Guard

- Jason Flemyng as Acrisius

- Alexa Davalos as Andromeda

- Danny Huston as Poseidon

- Izabella Miko as Athena

With such a cast and the latest technologies used in special effects, the movie Clash of the Titans promises to blow us all away!

:)

I hope Medusa gets a more er... modern remake as opposed to the traditional snake-hair head. Type-Moon did an awesome job with Medusa (aka Rider):

rider.jpg:p

The whole turn-to-stone look thing is supposed to be metamophorical anyways, what I'm trying to say is that they shouldn't pass up on a chance to put more fanservice on screen.

I hope Medusa gets a more er... modern remake as opposed to the traditional snake-hair head. Type-Moon did an awesome job with Medusa (aka Rider):

The whole turn-to-stone look thing is supposed to be metamophorical anyways, what I'm trying to say is that they shouldn't pass up on a chance to put more fanservice on screen.

:blink::huh::wacko:

Um, yeah...I hope they don't put wings on Pegasus, either. And the Kraken should be just some dude, since it's all metaphorical. <_<

:blink::huh::wacko:

Um, yeah...I hope they don't put wings on Pegasus, either. And the Kraken should be just some dude, since it's all metaphorical. <_<

Wings on a horse? That's ridiculous.... let's make it a flying donkey so we can slip in a moral lesson about being ugly and useless yet still being able to succeed if it tries its best!

Wings on a horse? That's ridiculous.... let's make it a flying donkey so we can slip in a moral lesson about being ugly and useless yet still being able to succeed if it tries its best!

And it can be voiced by Eddie Murphy!!

Taksraven

I don't think that was ever part of Greek mythology, it was Norse or something. Maybe they're finally fixing that for the remake.

Now Norse mythology is one area that has not been explored enough in modern film. How about a film about Ragnarok? It would be great.

Taksraven

No matter how much CG you use, it still doesn't hold a candle to Ray Harryhausen's (sp?) excellent stop-motion animation work.

You raise an excellent point there. CG effects do look great, but we all know that they are put together in an afternoon by some twentysomething year old kid with acne.

Think about Harryhausens effects, laboured over for days and weeks to create truly beautiful creations. I'm not saying that is the sort of effects that they should be using now, but they do have a certain charm, in the same way that the model and puppet work of Gerry Andersons team making classic series like Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, UFO and Space:1999 do.

Personally I don't think we need this remake, but then again my opinion on remakes is well represented here. And yes, I thought it did look a lot like 300.

Taksraven

I'm still waiting on a Sparticus remake though.

WHY????!!!!!

Taksraven

...in the same way that the model and puppet work of Gerry Andersons team making classic series like Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, UFO and Space:1999 do...

Taksraven

Team America: World Police?

And yeah, I loved the original as a kid, been years since I've seen it but I'm looking forward to the remake.

-b.

As a kid already, I thought the original sucked big hairy balls, especially in the field of SPFX, and particularly the animation of the kraken; also, the hero looked like a pussy. By far, I prefered the comic adaptation...

At least, this remake looks good

No, the Kraken is Greek...but in the myths, it's just a giant octopus.

I was an avid enthusiast of Greek mythology as a boy, and I can tell you quite sincerely that the Kraken is a creature taken from Norse mythology, not Greek. In the original story of Perseus, I think that Cassiopeia offends Poseidon with her vanity, prompting the latter to unleash a sea beast called Cetus (not a Titan by any stretch), who can only be appeased by a human sacrifice (Andromeda.) The original movie was essentially a mish-mash loosely based around the story of Perseus, with much creative re-writing. I really did like that particular rendition of the Kraken though; probably one of my all-time favourite monsters as a child.

In fact, the original Clash of the Titans film departs rather wildly from the original mythology in soooooo many ways, but was still pleasant to watch. This newer rendition looks like it will also not be faithful to the source material, albeit in different ways.

Edited by captain america

Team America: World Police?

And yeah, I loved the original as a kid, been years since I've seen it but I'm looking forward to the remake.

-b.

Stone and Parker got their grubby mitts on that one a few years ago. And about the flick...

...Let's just say the movie has the first explicit love scene between two marionettes.

Stone and Parker got their grubby mitts on that one a few years ago. And about the flick...

...Let's just say the movie has the first explicit love scene between two marionettes.

Stone & Parker are a bit hypocritical in my opinion. They love to make fun of Hollywood's extreme left-leaning tendencies and how it contrasts with their own excessive wealth... yet they achieved their fame and fortune pretty the same way.

Stone & Parker are a bit hypocritical in my opinion. They love to make fun of Hollywood's extreme left-leaning tendencies and how it contrasts with their own excessive wealth... yet they achieved their fame and fortune pretty the same way.

I don't think that they could ever be accused of taking themselves too seriously.......

parker_stone_AP.JPG

Taksraven

I was an avid enthusiast of Greek mythology as a boy, and I can tell you quite sincerely that the Kraken is a creature taken from Norse mythology, not Greek. In the original story of Perseus, I think that Cassiopeia offends Poseidon with her vanity, prompting the latter to unleash a sea beast called Cetus (not a Titan by any stretch), who can only be appeased by a human sacrifice (Andromeda.) The original movie was essentially a mish-mash loosely based around the story of Perseus, with much creative re-writing. I really did like that particular rendition of the Kraken though; probably one of my all-time favourite monsters as a child.

In fact, the original Clash of the Titans film departs rather wildly from the original mythology in soooooo many ways, but was still pleasant to watch. This newer rendition looks like it will also not be faithful to the source material, albeit in different ways.

what gave it away. the mechanical owl?? In ancient greece the only mechanical thing they had was a row boat

I was avid enthusiast of Greek myths, too, and I was POSITIVE the Kraken was there, but after looking it up on Wikipedia, I guess it's not. Sorry.

And yeah...the old movie bugged me with its divergences from the myth...but again, having Pegasus sprout out of Medusa's neck would've been kinda hard to pull off without everyone in the theater either laughing or scratching their heads.