RC-4E Rabbit

Cyclone Trooper

In light of the glut of DYRL mecha Yamato has cranked out over the years, and the fact that it's produced lesser items such as the Ghosts, a Rabbit isn't necessarily a far-fetched idea. There is also line art featured on page 85 in the DYRL This Is Animation book that shows a Rabbit next to a Super Ostrich and both of them are in GERWALK mode. The feet of the Rabbit extend downward with a definite knee joint and it's outfitted with the same FAST Pack system as the Super-O. I have no idea if this was supposed to be canon or if this was just a joke sketch that was included in the book, but the prospect of Yamato producing a transformable SDF shuttle with a tiny Misa pilot could be a possible hit. If nothing else, it'd fill a niche in much the same way that the Destroids have. Anyone else interested in something like this?

MacrossDoYouRememberLoveLineArtBook.jpg

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

In light of the glut of DYRL mecha Yamato has cranked out over the years, and the fact that it's produced lesser items such as the Ghosts, a Rabbit isn't necessarily a far-fetched idea. There is also line art featured on page 85 in the DYRL This Is Animation book that shows a Rabbit next to a Super Ostrich and both of them are in GERWALK mode. The feet of the Rabbit extend downward with a definite knee joint and it's outfitted with the same FAST Pack system as the Super-O. I have no idea if this was supposed to be canon or if this was just a joke sketch that was included in the book, but the prospect of Yamato producing a transformable SDF shuttle with a tiny Misa pilot could be a possible hit. If nothing else, it'd fill a niche in much the same way that the Destroids have. Anyone else interested in something like this?

MacrossDoYouRememberLoveLineArtBook.jpg

I'd go for it because I'm a sick puppy. As long as Yamato can keep it under 210,000 yen.

:p

-Nghia

Is that the thing Misa and Kaifun flew out in to yell at Hikaru? I didn't know it had a Gerwalk mode? Why?

I would be interested I guess...but I have yet to even get any Destroids, which are next on my list after getting the M&Ms which will pretty much round out and finish my SDFM TV collection.

Pete

The small text in the top right corner reads "Note: Does not have a transformation system?!".

Fixed.

Which could be read two ways:

It doesn't have a transformation system?!

or

Doesn't it have a transformation system?!

(Note for those scratching their heads over the translation: the subject is missing in the source sentence. It's implied, but not directly stated.)

Edited by sketchley

The subject is "it" (the shuttle), even though it is only implied, I chose to include it in the English translation for clarity. And often those question marks are just for cosmetic purposes. The fact that it's presented like a footnote first and foremost should take precedence, I do not think they are actually asking a question.

Obviously the subject is usually omitted in Japanese, especially in casual conversation. What's curious is if the question mark is really there to represent か and if so it would read more like "doesn't it" because it's a negative. Of course if you look at the other line art around the web none of it I have seen is indicative of such a GERWALK feature.

Obviously the subject is usually omitted in Japanese, especially in casual conversation. What's curious is if the question mark is really there to represent か and if so it would read more like "doesn't it" because it's a negative. Of course if you look at the other line art around the web none of it I have seen is indicative of such a GERWALK feature.

Which is what confuses things. So my corrections above aren't so much the implication of the subject, but the placement of the subject in an English sentence.

Nevertheless, Macross Chronicles states that there are a variety of craft like what is seen in the movie. Therefore, it's entirely probable that only a few, some or all of like vehicles contain a transformation system.

Edited by sketchley

Which is what confuses things. So my corrections above aren't so much the implication of the subject, but the placement of the subject in an English sentence.

Nevertheless, Macross Chronicles states that there are a variety of craft like what is seen in the movie. Therefore, it's entirely probable that only a few, some or all of like vehicles contain a transformation system.

Then I wasn't too incredibly off in my mediocre translation abilities? Cool! But I suppose my main interest in this thread isn't necessarily whether or not the thing transforms, but whether or not the MW community would be interested in adding the Rabbit to their collections or not. In hindsight, I probably should have started a poll. :rolleyes:

Speaking without referencing the line of text - the design, in general, is odd for having such large feet. Most aircraft have significantly smaller landing gear. Therefore, the foot size implies that they're capable of more than your typical helicopter skid. Ergo, extending legs for landing on rough surfaces and skating about like a GERWALK mode VF isn't a stretch of my imagination.

So yeah, starting a poll would probably have given much clearer results to your initial question.