1/72 VF-11 Thunderbolt Fighter Casting Project

Valk009

Okay, I have an original 1/72 Hobby Base Retppu VF-11 Thunderbolt fighter mode with Fast Packs resin model kit, which I plan to recast.

For this project to get the green lights, I will need at least ten interested parties. The cost for each kit will be US$95 shipped (shipping via trackable air mail).

This will be a straight recast with new waterslide decals (the original ones are nothing to write home about). If I have time I will also make new instructions for it as the original ones are more or less just line arts of the VF-11.

Expected release date will be first week or two of December 2009, just in time for Christmas!

Also, the first ten confirmed paid orders will receive a special bonus item, namely a 1/6 VF-1 DYRL pilot helmet resin kit!

I can confirm to order one

Please put me down for one, is that $95 shipped to anywhere in the world?

Yep, price of US$95 shipped includes anywhere in the world (well most places, unless you are situated in the middle of nowhere, say Antartic or Kathmandu so)!

Don't forget to make those crystal clear canopies for us ;) I'll surely take two if it comes out.

I don't know if the Rettpu one had a vac-formed canopy, but even if it didn't, I'm hoping we get one anyway. The one that came with the VF-4 that Valk009 here did was fine.

Edited by PetarB

The kit also comes with a vacuum formed canopy, cockpit details and a little small pilot! They made the canopy, well the vacuum formed mold in a very interesting way. You will know what I mean when you guys get your hands on the kit!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, the kit will go into production in the next few days and the first batch should go out early next week!

I will shortly contact all people who showed interest in the kit, otherwise you can also PayPal me at awinkl@yahoo.com. Price per kit inc. PayPal fees and first class registered air mail worldwide is US$95.

Edited by Valk009

Okay, the kit will go into production in the next few days and the first batch should go out early next week!

I will shortly contact all people who showed interest in the kit, otherwise you can also PayPal me at awinkl@yahoo.com. Price per kit inc. PayPal fees and first class registered air mail worldwide is US$95.

I'm interested by a vf-11. Can I order one or is it too late?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't find out until I tried using the decals that it was a recast Platz. The decals were mostly crap so I had to replace 95% of them. Will post on the workbench thread hopefully next weekend when I put the final matt coat over it!

Anyway, looking forwards to a getting this VF-11 in the mail.