30 anniversary of Macross 7 Macross works revive the

Mari-ja

Interesting thread.

Personally I would hope not to see any more M7, at least for the time being.

Not out of M7 hate, but because I would rather the resources go to some other Macross project(like a SDFM Rebuild).

I really, really enjoyed M7, but to be honest I didn't think it was very good.

If it wasn't Macross, I doubt I would have hung in past 4 episodes.

The ending of D7 kinda bugged me in that is didn't resolve anything, it was just 'The Further Adventures of Basara'.

But the more I thought about it, that's how it should be.

Basara is kinda of the legendary storybook character about whom there is always another story to be told.

It doesn't end, he never settles down and has cute 1/4 Zentraedi kids with Mylene.

I kind of consider M7 to be similar to DYRL, in that it's not the 'real events as they happened' but the Legend of Basara, a message of hope spread around the Galaxy, based on real events, but inflated and embellished to provide a more exciting and inspiring story.

(Now, I know that is not the official explanation, and that M7 did 'really happen' in the Macross Universe, but that's how I reconcile all the super robot magical song energy stuff in my own head. YMMV)

Thanks for the link Gubaba!

You just did something I thought was impossible.

You just made me love M7.

In the context of the meta-fiction that interview establishes, I can now say unreservedly that M7 is awesome!

Well played sir, well played B))

Thanks for the link Gubaba!

You just did something I thought was impossible.

You just made me love M7.

In the context of the meta-fiction that interview establishes, I can now say unreservedly that M7 is awesome!

Well played sir, well played B))

No thanks needed. It's all in a day's work for...GUBABA!!

(Now, I know that is not the official explanation, and that M7 did 'really happen' in the Macross Universe, but that's how I reconcile all the super robot magical song energy stuff in my own head. YMMV)

How do you reconcile magical shrinking giants and magical crystals that let to talk to magical space bugs.

署名プロジェクトの詳細がでたらめ英語翻訳になってましたので、日本語にしてみました。

初めまして。次回作はマクロス30周年ですね、そこでマクロス7の続編やってほしいと以前から待っているファンの皆さんがいましたので、

署名活動をやります。以前マクロス7の作品ではOVAダイナマイト7と変わらないので、キャラクターはそのままに初代のリン・ミンメイが復活して、

作品名を変えた30周年の作品の方が好いのではないのでは。前作と同様にアミノテツロー監督にやっていただく方が皆さんも嬉しいはずですよね。

でもその前にマクロスの制作スタッフに見ていただくための署名活動を行いたいのでこの委員会を立ち上げました。 ぜひとも署名活動に賛同を。

:( マクロス7続編デジタル署名活動

Edited by Mari-ja

署名プロジェクトの詳細がでたらめ英語翻訳になってましたので、日本語にしてみました。

:( マクロス7続編デジタル署名活動

Hey guys, any translations for Mari-ja-san's posting ?

• 2 weeks later...

Oops forgot about this thread... :p

"Hello all, I am putting together a petition for all the fans who want a sequel to Macross 7 as the next project for the 30th Anniversary of Macross. I would like a show just like the OVA Dynamite 7, but with a new title for the 30th anniversary and with the characters unchanged and the original Lynn Minmay brought back. I'm sure everyone would appreciate Director Tetsuro Amino from the previous works to return and do this one, too.

But first we need to get the attention of the Macross production staff and so I have set up a committee (?) to put together this petition. Please participate!"

A little late with the translation... sorry. Anyway...

過激にファイヤー!!!

"KAGEKINI FIRE!!!!"

Edited by Renato

私も見たいです。せめて、BURNING FIREのPVでもいいだと思います。

There sort of is a PV for Burning Fire, on the Nyan-nyan UMD-Video. It's like a CG movie in the same style as "All that VF". Unfortunately, it does not feature Basara and gang, just mecha, and it's mostly just a VF-1S and VF-25F at that. :(

Bettter than nothing, though B))

There sort of is a PV for Burning Fire, on the Nyan-nyan UMD-Video. It's like a CG movie in the same style as "All that VF". Unfortunately, it does not feature Basara and gang, just mecha, and it's mostly just a VF-1S and VF-25F at that. :(

Bettter than nothing, though B))

Is there a link to see this?

I have not seen it uploaded on to youtube yet, and if I could I would, but I need tons more memory, etc.

Anyway, you can see glimpses of it in my posts here running on the PSP, along with brief explanations.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...0338&st=560

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...0338&st=665

悪かったが、BurningFireのPVのリンク頼まれたから教えただけですよ:p

OK, Mari-ja says we gotta keep on topic and talk about possibilities for the sequel!

I just want to see more Macross 7 with scenes animated like the new FEVER Macross Pachinko thing. Because the mecha action in the TV show was pretty lacking, to put it mildly. Mix in the hot-rockin' FB tunes with some high-speed visuals and I'm left with nothing more to ask for. Oh, except they should put it in the cinema, that would be much more entertaining than the Frontier movies.

例の「FEVERマクロス」のパチンコ用のCGと同じような感じで作れれば文句ないですね。

Edited by Renato

良いメッセージがやっと集まってきた :lol: マクロス7のメンバーで続編をやってほしいとか、それにCRマクロスのCGなら次回作作ってもいいとか

もっと次回作について語ってくださる方大募集ちゅですい :rolleyes:

Edited by Mari-ja

Happens during the Macross Dynamite 7 OP?

I'd imagine... though it really could be anytime, seeing as how Basara is still moving.

That's interesting though. It really was a well written scene demonstrating the power of Basara's song. It also explains why Yasuboru is such a devoted and skilled artist.