Gamlin Kizaki appreciation thread.

VF5SS

Bobby was in Dynamite 7...?

Bobby big star would be rapist it weren't for that Vampire that unintentionally saved Mylene.

Came back as one of the Jamming Birds only to be sucked out of life again.

Bobby was Hase Arihiro's last role in Macross. (Hikaru Ichijo's seiyuu)

Bobby big star would be rapist it weren't for that Vampire that unintentionally saved Mylene.

Came back as one of the Jamming Birds only to be sucked out of life again.

Bobby was Hase Arihiro's last role in Macross. (Hikaru Ichijo's seiyuu)

Yes, RedWolf, I know who he is. <_<

Again...he was in Dynamite 7...?

Yes, RedWolf, I know who he is. <_<

Again...he was in Dynamite 7...?

Nope. The point was Mylene has statistically bad luck with sexual offenders in the industry.

On another note which is related to the topic Gamlin got Milia's endorsement again as Mylene's suitor in Mylene Beat.

Edited by RedWolf

All hail the glorious ace pilot Gamlin Kizaki. :rolleyes:

Let see his record, in Mac7 he piloted : VF-17D, Miriya red VF-1, VF-11C and VF-22. And I say he beat the rest of Macross pilot in term of piloted valk (besides M&M).

Let see his record, in Mac7 he piloted : VF-11B, VF-17D, VF-17S, Miriya red VF-1J, Az-130A Panzerzorene, VF-11D Custom and VF-22S. And I say he beat the rest of Macross pilot in term of piloted valk (besides M&M).

Fixed ;)

Though if you account the amount of playable mecha in VF-X2 Aegis Focker beats him.

I don't like M7 for Basara or Mylene, but Gamlin is one of my favourite Macross characters. Its good to see a straight laced goody-two-shoes get a major role in a story in the modern times of whiny, emo, or hotshot characters.

Edited by RDClip

Nope. The point was Mylene has statistically bad luck with sexual offenders in the industry.

On another note which is related to the topic Gamlin got Milia's endorsement again as Mylene's suitor in Mylene Beat.

What made Millia switch back to him?

What made Millia switch back to him?

She got back with Max of course. ^_^

The reason why Millia endorsed Basara (M7 Encore) is that she wanted Mylene happy and that she's married to a guy who is married to his job. Which causes friction with her current job.

Citing that perhaps Gamlin may not be the one for Mylene on account for being a pilot.

Course Millia had a cold then thinking she's gonna die.

Let see his record, in Mac7 he piloted : VF-17D, Miriya red VF-1, VF-11C and VF-22. And I say he beat the rest of Macross pilot in term of piloted valk (besides M&M).

For argument sake, Hikaru piloted 4 valks too:

VF-1D

VF-1J (CF)

VF-1J

VF-1S

And 2 non-valks:

Fan Racer

Spartan

And because TV and DYRL are parallel, I cannot add in VF-1A (H), VT-1 and VF-1S (H) onto the list (darn!).

But then you missed out VF-17S. So Gamlin wins for valk-only competition!

For argument sake, Hikaru piloted 4 valks too:

VF-1D

VF-1J (CF)

VF-1J

VF-1S

And 2 non-valks:

Fan Racer

Spartan

And because TV and DYRL are parallel, I cannot add in VF-1A (H), VT-1 and VF-1S (H) onto the list (darn!).

But then you missed out VF-17S. So Gamlin wins for valk-only competition!

Don't forget the bicycle!

Don't get my wrong, Gamlin Kick is awesome, but "The Crash King's" flying bicyle still trumps it.

With all due respect to Macross, but NOTHING tops the FLAMING BURNING COMBINATION OF A MAN'S SOUL KICK* from when Gurren Lagann faces Thymil's Mobile Fortress and, after getting (literally) blown sky high, comes falling down with the debris straight at the Enkidu...

Now back to worshipping that cheesy guy who wears an orange shirt while fighting terrorists.

Pete

*I probably got the name of the kick wrong too...but it was one hell of a scene!

With all due respect to Macross, but NOTHING tops the FLAMING BURNING COMBINATION OF A MAN'S SOUL KICK* from when Gurren Lagann faces Thymil's Mobile Fortress and, after getting (literally) blown sky high, comes falling down with the debris straight at the Enkidu...

Now back to worshipping that cheesy guy who wears an orange shirt while fighting terrorists.

Pete

*I probably got the name of the kick wrong too...but it was one hell of a scene!

With all due respect to Gurren Lagann, which it aptly earns, the most passionate attack in all of Anime belongs to Tetsuro Hoshino, as he finally shoots Count Mecha to avenge his mothers death.

Edited by Keith

With all due respect to Gurren Lagann, which it aptly earns, the most passionate attack in all of Anime belongs to Tetsuro Hoshino, as he finally shoots Count Mecha to avenge his mothers death.

I wish I knew as much as Keith :)

Can you please tell me what anime this is in?

Pete

EDIT: And to stay on topic: Gamlin is cool because he has grey hair. I have some of that too.

Edited by VFTF1

I wish I knew as much as Keith :)

Can you please tell me what anime this is in?

Pete

EDIT: And to stay on topic: Gamlin is cool because he has grey hair. I have some of that too.

The movie version of Galaxy Express 999, specifcally the first movie. There is no man in the universe more passionate than Tetsuro, damn kid just ups and travels through space with a mysterious hot blonde...ON A TRAIN!! Fights alongside Harlock & Tochiro, and all in all carves his own path through the universe.

Also, I think Gamlin's hair is more of a light blue than grey.

Edited by Keith

Oooo...Galaxy Express 999 ....I've heard of them... that...through the err...toys I think...need to check it out...

Man - so much cool stuff still ahead! :)

Pete

Edit: Gamlin gave Mylene that Kimono, right? I think that was a tasteful present.

Oh wait.

No...

Who gave her that Kimono?

Didn't...Gamlin give it to her?

If he did - right on. Nice present

The "it would make other people feel better" part I remember - because she went and wore it to "make Bassara feel better" ... I guess she interpreted his stone-cold focus and determination as meaning that he's just down in the dumps :lol: ... not necessarily an unwise inference :)

Anyways... this Gamlin thread has gotten me to thinking about Mylene - and you know what? She really cute!! The problem is, I totally HATE her concert outfit. I mean, Bassara's is pretty bad - but Mylene...with the 1970s aerobics tights over a one piece bathing suit... it's just...it's not even out there...it just looks BAD.

However- when Mylene dresses NORMALLY - she's actually cute...

Her hair is wierd too - that metalic head band/amp thing she wears in concert just messes up her hair... it looks wierd... but when she has her hair tied back - it looks good.

Mylene's personality is no better... her determination is equal to Basara's - but while Basara is stubborn because of idealism... she's stubborn like your mom was when you were 5 and you just HAD TO EAT YOUR FCUKING POTATOS!!...

But there's way to little Mylene worship despite her faults... I really like Dakedo Baby...and the endings with Mylene were great!

Um...and Gamlin is a nice guy (just keeping it on topic)

Pete

Um...and Gamlin is a nice guy (just keeping it on topic)

Too nice. Placing him inside something like SMS would be like putting a sheep in wolf's clothing among wolves.

On the other hand if placed in the same situation as Ozma he would punch Leon's lights out, save the President ,and expose Grace.

Hm.

That's a good point...but...there's a difference...

Ozma was dealing with a mature woman - not a girl like Mylene. If Ozma punched leon's lights out, Cathy would just get pissed and be with Leon to spite Ozma- seriously - that's how older girls are.

You have to treat them like dirt - then they start missing you and they keep calling you - Ozma did the right thing focusing on taking care of Ranka and flying his plane.

So I think the comparisson fails - although it is an interesting one...

Pete

Too nice. Placing him inside something like SMS would be like putting a sheep in wolf's clothing among wolves.

Don't count Gamlin out like that. He is a special forces pilot after all. Even with his youth and inexperience, he takes care of business in a very professional manner like when he went to rescue Millia (with Mylene in tow). Or when he led his team against Gigil. His biggest fault is his is really straight laced, which is why Mylene is a better match for hom than she is for Basara.

then again i'm just moe for gamlin