Gamlin Kizaki appreciation thread.

VF5SS

I want to share my love for my favorite Macross character. He's a fine young man who is also a total square. A hard worker, who likes his coffee black. I dedicate this thread to him and his superb orange shirt.

Give it up for Gamlin.

post-1819-1257121617_thumb.jpg

And he knows when it's appropriate to deck a superior officer.

post-939-1257121976_thumb.jpg

Whoa... though probably he isn't the kind to probably chill out with you for a drink in the evening, this guy is just about the best teammate one can have in terms of loyalty and ability. You'll probably feel safe fighting alongside with him knowing that he'll do everything within his power to protect his teammates!

he also flew a VF-11C and kicked ass with it

and was the only one to yell at Basara for 48 episode about how stupid he was until the last episode when HE started singing *shrugs*

but Gamlin wins everythign cause he can survive an exploding VF-17-fall with no parachute and lie unconscious in the snow at freezing temperatures-walk without any map or directons and infiltarte the protodevlin lair-get inside a protodevlin valk and save everyone without ruining his hairdo :lol:

Edited by Valkyrie addict

he also flew a VF-11C and kicked ass with it

and was the only one to yell at Basara for 48 episode about how stupid he was until the last episode when HE started singing *shrugs*

Nah, he started believing in Basara way earlier in the show, shortly after Sivil showed up IIRC.

He was a decent guy, who stood up to his own ideals and defended the weak.

I hope he rests in peace - oh wait, he isn't dead is he?

He would be a meh guy in other Macross; but in M7, he is one of the few guys who don't look awful to me (besides Max) and thinks straight.

Someone trying to sing away a mountain and you call that "spirited?" Blah.

Gamlin deserves credit for letting himself be overcome by the power of Bassara's love songs!

Also - he is a tabloid sensation.

His Mr. Rogers dress code, Eddie Munster hair do and his orange sweater can't be beat either!

Hail Gamlin

Pete

Gamlin needs to learn not to rub things so hard. Overall he was a great character that got a decent amount of development.

If it wasn't for him I would've liked M7 a LOT less. It was nice to hear that he eventually hooked up with Mylene in the end.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c5YbaKenUw

He did!? :blink:

Pf. Typical.

These rock'n'roll lolies are all the same. They'll stick with the band until it becomes clear that they're going to spend their whole life living in a stink hole with a guy who wears a green wife beater and keeps sleeping around with Motorcycle babes.

That's when they suddenly become "respectable" young ladies and hook up with Mr. Rogers.

Happens all the time.

Sell out :p

Pete

Whoa... though probably he isn't the kind to probably chill out with you for a drink in the evening, this guy is just about the best teammate one can have in terms of loyalty and ability. You'll probably feel safe fighting alongside with him knowing that he'll do everything within his power to protect his teammates!

But...but...almost all of his teammates end up dead... :unsure:

Nah, he started believing in Basara way earlier in the show, shortly after Sivil showed up IIRC.

Maybe so, but he did continue yelling at Basara -- this time *urging* him to sing (when Basara went off wandering and refusing to sing). "Nekki Basara! Aren't you supposed to sing?? Sing, damn you!"

Gamlin is awesome. I loved how he became a Basara supporter halfway through and even ended up educating Mylene about him. He's probably the most underrated pilot in Macross as well.

It was Bromance end.

Yes, unresolved. I think those wedding pics were dream sequences or possibilities. I gotta say though, there is a lot to pick on with Gamlin pic. It's kind of creepy with all the dead guys and protodeviln coming out for the event.