Do you think Yamato will release new 1/48 line with ver2 material and

gwfalcon

Do you guys think Yamato will release new 1/48 line with 1/60 ver2 material and technique?

Personally I really wsh they can do that.

If so, do you wanna buy one, some, or even the whole new series?

I believe that would happen, when newer technologies appear, but not in 3 to 5 years.

The old 1/48 line had a life cycle of around 3 years right?

Doubt it would happen, BUT.....if it did areas the could be improved would be the arms hanging low fix, like what was done in the V.2 1/60's and the wide canopies that both the 1/48 and the v2 1/60's have. Design wise, imo, the v.2's seem to be pretty close to perfect as I think they can get except the wide canopy thing and that isn't even too bad.

Chris

If they decided to do anything else in 1/48, I would hope they'd consider doing something other than the VF-1. It's been done to death. Leave the VF-1 to the 1/60 v.2 line.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they took a stab at making a better sculpted YF/VF-19, 21/22 and VF-11. The latter with CORRECT tailfins and functionality.

Overall, I'd like to see Yamato get into variants we have yet to see. Rehashing the same thing over and over again is getting boring.

I doubt Yamato is going to do 1/48 again. I picked up some while ppl were dumping.

They have the 1/60 done so well so I doubt they'll do 1/48 again and i think they sell 1/60s faster than the 1/48s did.

Doing 1/48 for other designs would be too large and expensive. A 1/48 VF-1 is smaller than a SV-51 and a 1/48 is only a tad taller than other valks like VF-11 and VF-25.

Highly unlikely in the short term. Maybe in a long time over 10 years from now they could consider. Reason being is that if they do, I doubt sales will do well. One, there's the old 1/48 where some people are happier with the 1/48 as compared to the 1/60. A revised 1/60 had the benefit over a revised 1/48 as the scale match all the other recent releases such as from the Macross Plus and Macross Zero line. For people who want the scales to be consistent they would purchase the 1/60. Market overflooded with different VF-1s, and people have collected a few now while in the beginning, they had none. Also, 1/60 sales did not seem to do as well as the original 1/48. You did not see HLJ having sales when the 1/48 first came out and for quite a while, while for the 1/60 they already had sales on them.

I speculated that the new 1/60s was intended to match up with the more dominate 1/60 Valkyries. But it was just around the time the economy took a dive. I'd rather pay $100 bucks than $150 bucks for a 1/48 V2. I think the 1/60 V2 price is more attainable in this time.

Who knows, maybe later!

Until the economy gets back on it's feet I wouldn't even bother thinking about it. Even when people DO have some disposable income for larger scale purchases like a 1:48 the market is pretty saturated with VF-1's, and even if they pulled something as random as a VF-5000 or VF-4 out of their @$$es I imagine that a lot of people would be wanting it in 1:60 to match a majority of other valks in their collection.

The 1:48's are amazing pieces of design and engineering and will usually dominate any display they are incorporated into, but 1:60 is where the cool kids hang out these days.

they'll make them for $1500 each special order for 100 Yamato website customers.
5,000 for low viz.

I don't think Yamato is going to take another stab at the 1/48. Why would they need ver 2 materials? They are made out of the same materials basically.

For the 1/48, the only things to really improve would be to give it the double elbow joints from the v2 1/60, arms that don't go below the legs in fighter mode, pegs for the hands to clip the gun on better, bigger hands, slimmer legs, a more durable BP-8, the simpler FAST pack booster connection, et al. Yet why pay more for that when you can get all of that on the V2 1/60 version? I think chances are higher that Yamato designs an all new fuselage component with a longer nose that's collapsible in battroid mode for the v2 1/60. This eliminates the priest collar, and gives it the long nose that the 1/48 has in fighter mode. Being that the front fuselage component is removable to begin with, the idea isn't too far fetched.

Though honestly. the shorter nose and priest collar aren't even remotely big deals for me.

After they finish generating every random permutation of re-coloring for the 1/60 VF-1's yea... they will probably revisit 1/48's.

There are 256^3 = 16,777,216 possible hexadecimal color values so we might have to wait a long time lol! TASTE TEH RAINBOW....

In all seriousness though, I would like a revisit of the 1/48 series. Since they are larger, it will probably be easier to keep things within design tolerance&specification and hence more quality and less prone to breakage? Don't know, just quotting from my engineering textbook :p .

+1, and bring more schemes and accessaries in V2 1/60, space booster packs etc....

I think the 1/60 is in good scale and affordable to get the whole line.

Agreed the 1/48 line was good but the V2 1/60 is much better in size and design, I had to box two of my 1/48's to make room for the five 1/60's I have now---correction six forgot the the VE-1 comming in.

For the 1/48, the only things to really improve would be to give it the double elbow joints from the v2 1/60, arms that don't go below the legs in fighter mode, pegs for the hands to clip the gun on better, bigger hands, slimmer legs, a more durable BP-8, the simpler FAST pack booster connection, et al. Yet why pay more for that when you can get all of that on the V2 1/60 version? I think chances are higher that Yamato designs an all new fuselage component with a longer nose that's collapsible in battroid mode for the v2 1/60. This eliminates the priest collar, and gives it the long nose that the 1/48 has in fighter mode. Being that the front fuselage component is removable to begin with, the idea isn't too far fetched.

Those are the only things to improve??I think you just named everything that a new 1/48 could be. Sounds ok to me.

Lots of online shops and stores still have the Max and Milia with 40% off, but still sitting on shelves.

Why TV Max 1A is special order with limited run?

That shall give us an idea how the 1/48 has gone through with the sales, I seriously doubt that 1/48 is doing good like 1/60.