HG and Robotech Debates

azrael

http://au.eonline.com/uberblog/b155112_tob...ehaal_talk.html

Maguire did confirm that he is developing a big-screen version of the classic Japanese anime series Robotech with Warner Bros.

"We're working on it," he said. Smallville scribes Alfred Gough and Miles Millar are cranking on the script, and Maguire may star, as well as produce.

But first, he will be working the Brothers publicity trail with Portman and doppelgänger Gyllenhaal.

The script is START!! Maybe it will release in 2027!!

Congrats!!

^^

He forgot to mention Spiderman 4 before Robotech, but I guess that's enough to keep people going for a couple of months.

When did they interview Macguire? I thought Tom Rob Smith was the current writer. Or is Macguire working Miller and Gough while Smith is doing his own thing? :blink:

11/23/09, but the interview wasn't even about Robotech, it got a small mention among the other things he's been doing. He may not even be paying attention to recent developments.

Thanks Gubaba for the link. It's so interesting that one RT fan who doesn't like everything HG is attacked, then for simple defense, is threatened to be banned. I know that's the narrow sided policies of the site, but even other fans are starting to notice the downward spiral. There were quite a few links over there, and what VFTF1 said here makes a lot of sense...

I am begining to formulate a hypothesis about these opinions that we've been discussing in the last few posts, initially brought up by Gubaba point our attention to it. Here's my hypothesis:

We are Otaku.

They are American pop culture fans.

It's not the case all the time, but a general guideline. Most Robotech fans I used to talk to quite often, had no clue about anything outside of Robotech. If the conversation didn't involve HG, or Rick Hunter, they were as blank as a new chalkboard. However, interesting enough, the ones that I'm still good friends with probably can tell you the Japanese voice actresses for some of the popular to moderately popular Japanese animes that never made it to U.S. soil.

If RT fans can only equate RT to Star Trek, Star Wars, Pixar, and other things that don't equate the same, of course the views of Robotech are gonna be different. That's not apples to oranges, that's apples to squash. Those guys at rt.com are hurting.

If RT fans can only equate RT to Star Trek, Star Wars, Pixar, and other things that don't equate the same, of course the views of Robotech are gonna be different. That's not apples to oranges, that's apples to squash. Those guys at rt.com are hurting.

Well, that thinking is too ambitious considering the company. They've been given nothing so far to justify the comparison besides non-canon material. And they like forgetting about past failed attempts when fondly remembering Robotech. I think those failures are very important to consider when looking at the longevity of a franchise. And you can only blame other entities for them only so much for why that happened. HG is as much to blame as whomever the official word says, it's their franchise.

Could you actually imagine if HG partnerd with Gainax?

Everything would be branded Robotech!

Neon Genesis Robotech

Fooly Tech

Robotech The Shadow Chronicles: Formerly called Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

The Melody of Robotech

Petite Princess Minmay

The nostalgia wave will never be over as long as someone has a copy of a 80's cartoon series. BUt I hope it is b/c i'm tired of hearing "my childhood has been raped", "why couldn't they follow the source material to the letter" and so on and so forth.

Chinese bootleggers at least see a demand for a product and try to meet that demand. Compared to HG's lets milk a dead cow after it's been dead for 10 years business plan.

Are you trying to make us all projectile vomit? :o

While people are still talking about the E! Online article, to me the only reliable source of information on the site and network is The Soup with Joel McHale (the bank manager from Spider-Man 2). Come on, it's an entertainment news source that features people like Ryan Seacrest as anchors.

Edited by Einherjar

Well, that thinking is too ambitious considering the company. They've been given nothing so far to justify the comparison besides non-canon material. And they like forgetting about past failed attempts when fondly remembering Robotech. I think those failures are very important to consider when looking at the longevity of a franchise. And you can only blame other entities for them only so much for why that happened. HG is as much to blame as whomever the official word says, it's their franchise.

Well, as I kind of postulated in my long "They are US Popculture fans/We are Otaku" post, it's not - in my opinion - a case of being too ambitious. The comparisson is unwarranted because the genres are totally different. First and foremost, they're comparing live action science fiction to anime, which in my mind is just pointless.

But this in turn speaks to their horizons and understanding of "anime" - it's very narrow.

Pete

But this in turn speaks to their horizons and understanding of "anime" - it's very narrow.

How about that it's too shallow compared to what they usually see? That's what I got from some of the responses to Frontier, but that's probably thanks to the "universe" HG led them to believe and media blackout they helped maintain with Macross all these years.

How about that it's too shallow compared to what they usually see? That's what I got from some of the responses to Frontier, but that's probably thanks to the "universe" HG led them to believe and media blackout they helped maintain with Macross all these years.

Which brings another divide which I thought was interesting (and of course, this is a generalization)...it seemed that most Macross fans liked the homages in Frontier, while most Robotech fans hated them.

At least, that's the way I saw it.

If my view is accurate, I wonder what it means...?

Which brings another divide which I thought was interesting (and of course, this is a generalization)...it seemed that most Macross fans liked the homages in Frontier, while most Robotech fans hated them.

Every complaint from a RT fan that I heard this from made me think about this awhile back ago. Here's my hypothesis... My thinking is that it bothers them because they are seeing stuff that brings back the nostalgia of seeing Robotech, but it bothers them because it clearly isn't Robotech. I think it's more of a "sour grapes" type of complaint. If they saw a "verytech" pulling some sort of Minmay rescue, it'd be the greatest thing ever, but because we're the fans who get bestowed great footage, I think they simply find things not to like.

I too, thought that criticism they had was quite flat on their part. Especially, in light of the fact that Robotech fans want nothing but to relive Robotech over again from ep.1. They want to see VF-1s, and they want to see things that connect them to the originals, yet they criticize it in a series that isn't Robotech, probably because it's not "theirs".

Every complaint from a RT fan that I heard this from made me think about this awhile back ago. Here's my hypothesis... My thinking is that it bothers them because they are seeing stuff that brings back the nostalgia of seeing Robotech, but it bothers them because it clearly isn't Robotech. I think it's more of a "sour grapes" type of complaint. If they saw a "verytech" pulling some sort of Minmay rescue, it'd be the greatest thing ever, but because we're the fans who get bestowed great footage, I think they simply find things not to like.

I too, thought that criticism they had was quite flat on their part. Especially, in light of the fact that Robotech fans want nothing but to relive Robotech over again from ep.1. They want to see VF-1s, and they want to see things that connect them to the originals, yet they criticize it in a series that isn't Robotech, probably because it's not "theirs".

Good points. (Admittedly, I've seen Macross fans also criticize Frontier as a mere rehash of SDFM, but I think I saw more of it from RT fans. In either case, I have to conclude that they weren't watching the show very carefully. :) )

But yeah...a lot of the criticism did seem like sour grapes, especially from the hardcore RT fans who claim that they really, really love Shadow Chronicles.

Funny how they act like there's a competition on...as far I'm concerned, the competition was over as soon as HG decided not to pick up DYRL way back when. Whichever franchise has DYRL wins handily (although Cpatain JLS described DYRL as "a vapid experience," and Doug Bendo claimed that Robotech: The Untold Story was better because DYRL "looks really, really rough." But again...sour grapes, right? Right).

I think Jasonc is on to something here - it does seem like reverse resentment. Kind of like, they're jealous that Macross gets this cool continuation full of homages while Robotech gets Shadow Chronicles which actually does have homages - but of the worse kind...

I would just add that the Macross fans I've encountered who do not like Frontier also don't like 7, and generally think Plus was the greatest thing in the universe. They also often conflate Robotech and Macross and they tend to be casual fans.

Obviously I too am operating on the basis of radical generalizations based on personal experience.

Pete

I think Jasonc is on to something here - it does seem like reverse resentment. Kind of like, they're jealous that Macross gets this cool continuation full of homages while Robotech gets Shadow Chronicles which actually does have homages - but of the worse kind...

I would just add that the Macross fans I've encountered who do not like Frontier also don't like 7, and generally think Plus was the greatest thing in the universe. They also often conflate Robotech and Macross and they tend to be casual fans.

Obviously I too am operating on the basis of radical generalizations based on personal experience.

Pete

Maybe they just can't relate to the musical aspect of Macross? It doesn't really show up in the other "generations" (and is also less prominent in SDFM than in later Macross sequels). Understandable given the godsawful (even for the 80s) "Stagefright" and "We will win".

In Plus (and in Zero), the music is more incidental and not major plot devices.

Edited by hulagu

Well, it sounds like a huge difference in progress after 25 years. Also, unlike Robotech, Macross is actually entitled to do stuff like this being the originator and celebrating 25 years of existence without irony. If they were pissed about the homages from Frontier, they must have been pissed too at the homages in Shadow Chronicles as well. Or is that an exemption, for those who liked it, because it was a Robotech title?

There's a saying that I've heard among people I know who like to watch bad movies which I think is relevant here:

Never remind the audience of a better movie.

So yeah, I'm sure Robotech fans hate seeing homages to things they've seen in "The Macross Saga" and knowing (or maybe not knowing?) that those moments really belong to Macross, and they'll never be able to get such homages in their precious Robotech; all they get is The SHATow Chronicles (not my name for it).

It reminds them of a time when Robotech could simply steal better material than anything HG could produce.

Oh, and I also watched Robotech: The Untold Story for the first time tonight. My god... how can anyone like that POS? And then say it's better than DYRL? It's utterly incomprehensible, the change in film stock between Southern Cross and Megazone is painfully obvious, I actually became physically ill about 30 minutes into it and wanted to vomit, and the hero defeats the main villain by... yelling really loud??? :wacko:

Star Blazers was edited a bit, but they still left some "mature themes" in there.

Discussed before, but when compared to the mutilation that was happening to a lot of other Japanese programs being imported, Yamato got off very easy.

Taksraven

Come on, it's an entertainment news source that features people like Ryan Seacrest as anchors.

Oh man, I'm getting excited (yes, that type of excited) already!

Taksraven

In Plus (and in Zero), the music is more incidental and not major plot devices.

This is the second time today I've read this argument about Plus (first time about zero) and I just have to disagree. (The other place where I read this was in the now closed "Make a Valk like a TF" thread, where someone posted an off-hand comment that music didn't "beat the bad guy" so to speak in Plus, like it does in other Macross shows.

I think some people need a refresher on Plus. Not major plot devices?

In Plus, Myung's entire character arc was about whether music should be from the heart or whether it is just another job, and something to be controled via marketing, PR and even technology. This conflict came to a head when Sharon Apple's music was shown to be a weapon that could hypnotize people and take control of their brains, while Myung's song, which she ultimately sang in the end from the heart, was what defeated Sharon Apple and freed humanity.

This tends to get forgotten because the music in Plus is not rock and roll nor are there like a zillion pop tunes as in DYRL/SDFM. Instead it's demure, slow and sad music and electronic music. Neither of those are music types that stay in your head or are appropriate for humming.

As for Zero... without music, there would be no plot in that show. It is Sarah's songs that awaken all of the secrets of Protoculture on the Mayan island.

Sorry for talking about Macross again - but just wanted to clarify that.

Now back to Robotech:

Oh, and I also watched Robotech: The Untold Story for the first time tonight. My god... how can anyone like that POS? And then say it's better than DYRL? It's utterly incomprehensible, the change in film stock between Southern Cross and Megazone is painfully obvious, I actually became physically ill about 30 minutes into it and wanted to vomit, and the hero defeats the main villain by... yelling really loud???

Is this on Youtube? I'd like to see it since it will no doubt prove delightfully entertaining to rip into it :)

Pete

Shadow Chronicles had a few weird homages to Macross. They more or less tried to make Mospeada more Macross like (than it already is) by doing things such as having the Garfish ships open up like Zentradi ships and having Maia's Legioss eject its nose section like the VF-1D does in Macross. There's probably a few others but it's kind of sick how they're trying to turn Mospeada into Macross-lite. It's a dead show, let it be.

Music is Mospeada is kind of incidental. While its a nice distraction at times, it seemed pretty clear they were just letting Yellow sing random pop songs so they could cash in on the J-Pop in mecha craze. It's actually a little strong in Southern Cross since two characters bridge the cultural gap through music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYxduwj7DLU

"Human we've come to bury you!"

"Teh Future is Now"

First thought/action:

Alright! Something to do for the next hour! Thanks...

Opens Link

Reads this:

The Harmony Gold dub of the original MEGAZONE 23 was adapted and cut together with footage from

SON OF F!CK!!!! F!!KCIN' A!!! GODD@$#((MUTH#$@#(%!! Have these guys ever NOT just hacked random anime together into something completely different!!

I was actually STUPID enough to think that this was some bit of Robotech that I HAD NOT SEEN.

But no.

I saw this a long time ago - before I knew there was a Megazone 23 of course... and I was confused. I was so utterly confused. I was like - where's the SDF-1? Why are there no VF-1s? In fact - where the hell are the Inorganics and the Cyclones?

Why do we keep seeing random new stuff that doesn't seem to have anything to do with one another.

I don't wanna watch this crap again. What would be the point?

I want to rip into Robotech - but I can't rip into Megazone 23 with a bad dub over it! I mean - it's NOT HAPPENING - in the sense that it's like watching Star Wars as we know it with dialogue from the Brady Bunch dubbed over it! It's pointless!!

Aaaah!!! How infuriating these Robotech fans are - why WHY do they cling to this utter crap!? I mean - ANY merit to ANY of this is from MACROSS and SOUTHERN CROSS and MOSPEDEA and MEGAZONE 23 - anything cool is from those original works and it just makes more sense to see the originals anyways!!

Also - note that the opening music theme is the EXACT SAME that it's ALWAYS BEEN since they first put this crap on TV. Dum-du-dum du-du-du-du-dum! That cheesy pseudo Star Wars/Star Trek "high minded sci-fi" operatic score rip off.

And the Star Wars like running text at the beginning - WHY!? - WHY must you do that?! Can't you NOT rip SOMETHING the f!#(#$ck OFF!?!?

I mean - it's like this company does nothing but sit around and f34243king BOOTLEG everything out there! Hey - look - transforming robots! Let's call it Robo-warriors and put it on TV.

This is so baad!! I mean - it sucks!

And the credits! Directors Carl Macek and Ishiduro Naburo - right - like they really SHARED the lions share of the work on this!! Right!! I'm assuming the latter dude actually directed Megazone 23? But whatever - the poit ...

oH - and the story is by Carl Macek too! GREAT!! Jesus - be accurate:

HACK JOB: Carl Macek!!

God!

And there are NINE parts to this!? I'm not watching 9 parts!

Oh god - and THIS:

The movie saw release in several other countries before Harmony Gold's license to MEGAZONE 23 ran out and decided not to renew it.

This is depressing :(

They bought the license, screwed around with it and then said 'nah...whatever.'

I can't take it anymore :(

I quit. Sorry. I'm not watching any more of this :(

Oh my god... it's like one minute into the "MOVIE" and they're already using recycled footage of launching missiles that we just saw used like one second ago :(

This is basically of the same level of quality as if some MEDEOCRE computer geeks dubbed over some Japanese cartoons.

No - sorry - actually - there were Transformers fans who did dubs of Victory that were more faithful and FUN than this crap.

Hm. I will admit to not having watched this part. The part I watched several years ago was from Megazone 23 because it featured that main character dude on the bike transforming it to a robot...

this sucks. I'm turning it off! :(

Pete

Pete

I don't believe that thinking Macross Plus is the best item in the Macross series makes you a casual fan. Rather I think that Macross Plus doesn't need a previous knowledge of Macross, like Frontier or Zero. It can be easily watched by anyone in one sitting (OVA or movie).

And the reason why people who like Macross Plus can also be Robotech fans is simply that Plus is widely and legally available in DVD throughout the world. Hence its easily available unlike recent instalments which require one to either get them online or learn japanese. And I don't think many Robotech fans care about learning japanese...

Robotech the Movie according to Carl Macek:

HG Calls, "Hey, Macek, can you make a movie from Robotech? Animated movies are making a killing for Disney right now and we want to try to get in on that action."

Macek who has seen DYRL? answers "Yep, I have just the film in mind."

HG: "Great, go to Japan, your budget is $X."

Macek flies to Japan, says "I want to release an English dub of DYRL as Robotech the Movie. I can pay you $X for the rights."

Tatsunoko: "Haha, nooooooo way. You're going to need to come up with a LOT more money than that."

HG call Macek: "So, how is Robotech the movie coming."

Macek, having no clue what he's going to do now that he can't get DYRL is freaking out but he has heard of MZ23 being a hit and says "Hit a speedbump but I'm still working on it."

He then goes on to work some story out of MZ23, flies to Los Angeles, shows it to the big wigs of Canon and HG and they tell him "This is crap, re-work it entirely." Macek makes up a story, right there, on the spot, to replace the story of his original draft of the film. He has the film finished as per his off the top of his head re-write, gets it to Canon, and it sees a pathetic release (going up against Aliens IIRC).

(going up against Aliens IIRC).

The original Transformers movie, actually...

It's generally held that Robotech: the Movie was killed by a number of extraordinarily bad decisions made by its editors (I refuse to call them "creators"), and circumstances in the industry. Namely, the choice to splice together the footage from Megazone 23 and Southern Cross, letting Canon Films meddle in the production process and demand changes to the plot, The Idol Co.'s new ending, the story's tenuous links to the TV series, the "mature content" found in Megazone 23 causing parents to take their kids out of the theater during the test run, a lack of decent advertising (reportedly the only timeslot they could get for the ads was at ~5am), and stiff competition from the Transformers movie.

Isn't it amusing that a Transformers movie is probably going to be the death of another Robotech movie?

Edited by Seto Kaiba

First thought/action:

Alright! Something to do for the next hour! Thanks...

Opens Link

Reads this:

SON OF F!CK!!!! F!!KCIN' A!!! GODD@$#((MUTH#$@#(%!! Have these guys ever NOT just hacked random anime together into something completely different!!

I was actually STUPID enough to think that this was some bit of Robotech that I HAD NOT SEEN.

But no.

I saw this a long time ago - before I knew there was a Megazone 23 of course... and I was confused. I was so utterly confused. I was like - where's the SDF-1? Why are there no VF-1s? In fact - where the hell are the Inorganics and the Cyclones?

Why do we keep seeing random new stuff that doesn't seem to have anything to do with one another.

I don't wanna watch this crap again. What would be the point?

I want to rip into Robotech - but I can't rip into Megazone 23 with a bad dub over it! I mean - it's NOT HAPPENING - in the sense that it's like watching Star Wars as we know it with dialogue from the Brady Bunch dubbed over it! It's pointless!!

Aaaah!!! How infuriating these Robotech fans are - why WHY do they cling to this utter crap!? I mean - ANY merit to ANY of this is from MACROSS and SOUTHERN CROSS and MOSPEDEA and MEGAZONE 23 - anything cool is from those original works and it just makes more sense to see the originals anyways!!

Also - note that the opening music theme is the EXACT SAME that it's ALWAYS BEEN since they first put this crap on TV. Dum-du-dum du-du-du-du-dum! That cheesy pseudo Star Wars/Star Trek "high minded sci-fi" operatic score rip off.

And the Star Wars like running text at the beginning - WHY!? - WHY must you do that?! Can't you NOT rip SOMETHING the f!#(#$ck OFF!?!?

I mean - it's like this company does nothing but sit around and f34243king BOOTLEG everything out there! Hey - look - transforming robots! Let's call it Robo-warriors and put it on TV.

This is so baad!! I mean - it sucks!

And the credits! Directors Carl Macek and Ishiduro Naburo - right - like they really SHARED the lions share of the work on this!! Right!! I'm assuming the latter dude actually directed Megazone 23? But whatever - the poit ...

oH - and the story is by Carl Macek too! GREAT!! Jesus - be accurate:

HACK JOB: Carl Macek!!

God!

And there are NINE parts to this!? I'm not watching 9 parts!

Oh god - and THIS:

This is depressing :(

They bought the license, screwed around with it and then said 'nah...whatever.'

I can't take it anymore :(

I quit. Sorry. I'm not watching any more of this :(

Oh my god... it's like one minute into the "MOVIE" and they're already using recycled footage of launching missiles that we just saw used like one second ago :(

This is basically of the same level of quality as if some MEDEOCRE computer geeks dubbed over some Japanese cartoons.

No - sorry - actually - there were Transformers fans who did dubs of Victory that were more faithful and FUN than this crap.

Hm. I will admit to not having watched this part. The part I watched several years ago was from Megazone 23 because it featured that main character dude on the bike transforming it to a robot...

this sucks. I'm turning it off! :(

Pete

Yeah, not only did they do a hatchetjob to Megazone 23 to make "Robotech: The Movie" to somewhat bridge the gap between Macross and Masters, Macek used footage from an alternate ending to take care of The New Generation's Corg (being hit by a forearm missle point blank while not in armor will leave a nice mess for someone to clean up with a squeegee nicely) in the test airing version (Macek tested the seires in Houston on KTXH channel 20 close to the summer of '85 (either that, or after Labor Day of that year; I was sick on a school day around that time when I first caught the episode "Boobytrap"), but don't quote me on that, because it was damned near 25 years ago for me to remember clearly) of "Symphony of Light".

Yeah, not only did they do a hatchetjob to Megazone 23 to make "Robotech: The Movie" to somewhat bridge the gap between Macross and Masters, Macek used footage from an alternate ending to take care of The New Generation's Corg (being hit by a forearm missle point blank while not in armor will leave a nice mess for someone to clean up with a squeegee nicely) in the test airing version (Macek tested the seires in Houston on KTXH channel 20 close to the summer of '85 (either that, or after Labor Day of that year; I was sick on a school day around that time when I first caught the episode "Boobytrap"), but don't quote me on that, because it was damned near 25 years ago for me to remember clearly) of "Symphony of Light".

This story of yours was debunked on this very forum a while back. Quit sticking to it. It's completely untrue.

Isn't it amusing that a Transformers movie is probably going to be the death of another Robotech movie?

Given everything HG has done up to this point - why don't they just DUB over ROTF and be done with it.

Rick Hunter is a mild mannered regular every day kid who has the hots for Lisa Hayes, high school sweet heart. But then alien robots land and start a war over the Protoculture Matrix. Protoculture is a cube instead of a flower, but whatever. Lyn Minmey is that chick from Australia. Just dub over some songs - she will speak in singing rymes.

Robotech: Battle for the Protoculture Matrix.

There - done.

Pete

Pete

I don't believe that thinking Macross Plus is the best item in the Macross series makes you a casual fan. Rather I think that Macross Plus doesn't need a previous knowledge of Macross, like Frontier or Zero. It can be easily watched by anyone in one sitting (OVA or movie).

And the reason why people who like Macross Plus can also be Robotech fans is simply that Plus is widely and legally available in DVD throughout the world. Hence its easily available unlike recent instalments which require one to either get them online or learn japanese. And I don't think many Robotech fans care about learning japanese...

Think it's more to do with part of the fanbase prefering dark and gritty, and Robotech just being the first that many saw. Macross 7 and Frontier might be to frivolous for their taste. Over here Robotech as a TV series was never broadcasted and is pretty much unknown. Macross Plus on the contrary was one of the gateway anime of the 90s revival, for most younger mecha fans here Wing and Plus started it all and I hear the same complaints about Frontier being to soft/moe for their liking.

As for irony, Harmony Gold productions were part of the reason why anime had to go underground over here for a few years. During a popular saturday morning cartoon block in the late eighties one of the networks had carelessly broadcasted the "RT Sentinels" and "Lensman" movies and it resulted in a media riot because of the violence (nudity and sex are no issue here, but explicit violence in a childs shows is still very controversial), iirc the handgrenade scene of Sentinels even made the news as an example of those morally corrupt "Japanese Manga". Anime was already under media scruteny back then because of the popularity of videotapes of movies/OVA like Akira, MD Geist, Urutsukidoji, Wicked City under young teen audiences and this did not help.

Edited by Bri

In this case its more like a Transformers movie gave life to another Robotech movie. If anything Transformers shows how easy it is to sell giant robots to young American movie goers with even the dumbest plots in a Live Action movie. I have seen plenty of hardcore Otaku with little or no interest in mecha Anime actually enjoy that stupid ROTF on the opening day. The thing to remember is that it is going to be EASY to make and sell a LA Robotech movie to many casual movie goers with a catchy trailer packed with mecha and spacebattles in today's CG.

Given everything HG has done up to this point - why don't they just DUB over ROTF and be done with it.

Rick Hunter is a mild mannered regular every day kid who has the hots for Lisa Hayes, high school sweet heart. But then alien robots land and start a war over the Protoculture Matrix. Protoculture is a cube instead of a flower, but whatever. Lyn Minmey is that chick from Australia. Just dub over some songs - she will speak in singing rymes.

Robotech: Battle for the Protoculture Matrix.

There - done.

Pete

But then poor old Jet Fire will lose his legendary status as the one and only Transformers and Robotech in one Toy ever if they add ROTF to the Robotech franchise! :(

This story of yours was debunked on this very forum a while back. Quit sticking to it. It's completely untrue.

Untrue? Horseshit. I will never quit sticking to it. That scene is burned in my freaking memory. Get it striaght.

Edited by Wanzerfan

Untrue? Horseshit. I will never quit sticking to it. That scene is burned in my freaking memory. Get it striaght.

*sigh*

I'll be blunt: there have been many times on Macross World where I or others have corrected your "facts." Has there been a single time where it turned out that you were right and we were wrong?

If so, please show me, because I don't recall one.

In other words, check your facts BEFORE you post, and ESPECIALLY check your facts before you tell someone else to "get it straight."

If you want me to go through your post line by line, showing how it CANNOT be true, I can do that. I'd rather not, though. :)