IRL.

In real life? :blink:

Besides the bankers and the fed are already devalueing the U.S currency as we speak. With all the printing that they're doing with the bailouts the money is gonna be worthless ne way.

Political... watch where you go with your arguments.

ZOMG that was awesome! i mean truly over the top gut splitting AWESOME! My dad and i saw it together, just like years ago when we used to sit and watch it together. My mum and wife wer every amused; apparently when we met them afterward we both had big silly grins on our faces.

The movie was alot of fun. There were a few times I started to question some of the choices they made, then thought back to the original series and they didn't seem so out of place. If it has one real fault, it's the climax of the movie on the boat. That was way too over the top.

The movie was alot of fun. There were a few times I started to question some of the choices they made, then thought back to the original series and they didn't seem so out of place. If it has one real fault, it's the climax of the movie on the boat. That was way too over the top.

I just saw this movie tonight. Great movie! Actually a lot better then the original series. At least here people really get hurt when they start shooting. In the series everyone always walked away after a gunfight.

I have to agree though, the final scene with the boat was way over the top, even for "The A-Team". Still, I really enjoyed it. Just too bad I missed out on Dwight Schultz and Dirk Benedict. They were in the movie (as could be expected) but I didn't recognize them. One cool reference in the movie though, there appears a credit on a movie in the movie stating "Reginald Barclay", i.e. Dwight Schultz's recurring character on both Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek Voyager.

It was good to hear the theme during that hilarious 3D scene.

I'll be honest though. I walked in during the middle of the first half. I had a meeting so I wanted to see something that ended right before it. I didn't really care what I saw. But in the middle of the movie I turned to my friend and said... Man! This movie is so much fun!

The part I thought was going to be obvious was the cheesy make up on the bad guy. I thought... oh I see where this is going. The climax probably has to do with Hannibal becoming the Arab dude. I'm glad they stayed away from that.

When they had the arab dude at the lake side warehouse was anyone disapointed that they didn't use all the old broken down tools and parts in there to build some kinda of super armed but or something?

So I decided to bite the bullet and watch this film last night. Surprisingly, it's not as bad as I had expected it to be.

Like the original TV series, the storyline is filled with more cliches than you can shake a stick at. There are numerous nods and references to the TV series throughout the film, such as the iconic GMC Custom Van (which lasts only 5 minutes) and the A-Team's tactical plans (minus the montages). The action is fast-paced as expected. Unfortunately, it's all marred by the overly nauseous camera movements.

But how were the actors? Liam Neeson's portrayal of Hannibal Smith is enough to make the late George Peppard smile. It's just too bad the film doesn't portray him as a master of disguise like in the TV series. Bradley Cooper's version of Templeton "Faceman" Peck is a much more active character than the TV incarnation (which was played by Dirk Benedict), as he splits the tactical plannings with Hannibal rather than just following them. Sharlto Copley just tries too hard to emulate Dwight Schultz's portrayal of "Howling Mad" Murdock; for some reason, he's just not as funny. As for the role of B.A. Baracus, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson just doesn't fill Mr. T's shoes. Sure, he has the mohawk and some tattoos on his hands ("Pity" on the left and "Fool" on the right) that reference Mr. T, but aside from the fear of heights, the film version of B.A. is a completely different character. And while B.A. was the strongest part of the TV series, he is sadly the weakest part of this movie. As for Jessica Biel, well, she's just there for the same reason every other movie has her: eye candy. The cameo appearances of Dirk Benedict and Dwight Schultz make up for some of the character drawbacks of the film.

Overall, The A-Team is an okay popcorn flick. The hardcore fan of the TV series will either love it or hate it; otherwise, if you're an action junkie, this will do.

Rating: C+

wait, what? :huh:

Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Called a Predator used to spy and attack people. After watching the trailer it appearers that the UAV were using Guns to fire on them in the trailer.

I guess it is the thing every TV spy show need is a UAV armed with a Gun because Burn Notice had one in the season premiere trying to kill Michael.

Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Called a Predator used to spy and attack people. After watching the trailer it appears that the UAV were using Guns to fire on them in the trailer.

I guess it is the thing every TV spy show need is a UAV armed with a Gun because Burn Notice had one in the season premiere trying to kill Michael.

Yes, the A-Team were attacked by UAVs armed with missiles and guns.

Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Called a Predator used to spy and attack people.

Oh...

this was what I was thinking:

No... predator prefers to PvP with melee weapons.

odd. MQ-9's do carry missiles but not guns. It could be worse though, they could have randomly stuck jet engines on them like in The Day the Earth Stood Still

No... predator prefers to PvP with melee weapons.

Let's not forget that damned particle beam weapon that Van Damme's predator used to blow out Jessie Ventura's chest, empty the bald black guy's brainpan onto the camera, and take off Carl Weathers' arm. That is one nasty piece of armament, especially when it's linked to that freaking triple laser sight. Edited by Wanzerfan

Let's not forget that damned particle beam weapon that Van Damme's predator used to blow out Jessie Ventura's chest, empty the bald black guy's brainpan onto the camera, and take off Carl Weathers' arm. That is one nasty piece of armament, especially when it's linked to that freaking triple laser sight.

Van Damme was never Predator. He originally was cast but dropped out because his face would never be shown, so he went and made Bloodsport.

Van Damme was never Predator. He originally was cast but dropped out because his face would never be shown, so he went and made Bloodsport.

Actually he dropped to do Cyborg. <_<

Saw the A-Team movie with friends last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. If you grew up in the 80s watching the A-Team TV series, you have to see this movie. The action and stunts are totally over the top and unrealistic, but hey, it’s the A-Team! Don’t expect high art, as long as you go in expecting a fun, action filled romp, that doesn’t take itself seriously, you will be in for a great time. Lots of great laugh out loud moments as well. There’s wonderful chemistry between the 4 leads and both Liam Neeson and Sharlto Copley are absolutely fantastic in their respective roles as Col. Hannibal Smith and Murdock. I didn’t think this would be a movie that girls would enjoy, but there were a couple of local Chinese OLs in the seats next to me that were laughing out loud at all the funny bits.

Graham

I saw the Losers when it came out. It was what the bad version movie you expected the A-Team to be. The actors were likable but it just wasn't enough to recommend to other people. I tell others to watch the A-Team for sure if they want to see a fun action movie. The funny thing was, I kept waiting for that scene where the guy shoots a grenade thru a window on the other side of the street while another guy was waiting to jump in. When that scene didn't come I was kinda perplexed... hmmm... I coulda sworn I saw that somewhere in the trailer. :lol:

... The funny thing was, I kept waiting for that scene where the guy shoots a grenade thru a window on the other side of the street while another guy was waiting to jump in. When that scene didn't come I was kinda perplexed... hmmm... I coulda sworn I saw that somewhere in the trailer. :lol:

Ehh? That was in the movie... O.o