I like the look, I thinit's pretty close. And A-team was never the pinnacle of TV writing... so I don't think that part of it was going to be ruined.

Joe Carnahan's action scenes in Smoking Aces were pretty good but the story was inane. I think as long as the story is decent I'll end up enjoying it.

• 2 months later...
This is one of those instances where no matter how bad the movie may potentially be, you have to go see it (assuming you are over the age of 30 and grew up watching it).

I'll probably watch it and then spend days tearing it to shreds on assorted forums ^_^

I'll probably watch it and then spend days tearing it to shreds on assorted forums ^_^

I'll go see it.

It will probably get torn to shreds way before the movie's out.....a la Avatar.

I drive a van, but then I have two disabled kids.

Paint it like the A-team van TODAY!!!

That way when the movie comes out people will thing the A-team copied YOU!

You knew they could have updated it, making it really gritty or just stupid like Gijoe. Instead we got cheesy action, SFX but the character's seem to be there and they are wearing the right costumes. Looks like it might be very close to the original with stupid mindless popcorn fun.

I would have loved a serious version but I'd see this one anyways.

Let me guess...

Just because Samueal L. Jackson is in it.

No, because it was frakking funny to get plastered with the dudes and then go to the theatre to rip it. You know that the whole bloody world is in it when you hear the entire place screaming movie lines at the same time.

Edited by Lindem Herz

Van in the back...

ateam1256419598.jpg

That looks awesome!!!

Count me in! I can't wait!! Although - Dirk Benedict might just have to write another article (like for BSG) - this time ranting against the fashion changes between "suits when I wore them" and "suits now." Notice how, while everyone retains the same colors, the same general clothing - ok BA is kinda missing his chains but it's still visibly him...Faceman is the only one who got a major make over.

It kind of makes sense - and I can just hear Dirk Benedict...in fact....here - I'll have a go for him this time!

A-Team 2010 and the Death Of Gentleman's Fashion

By Dirk Benedict

[Ghost Writer: Pete]

There was a time, not so long ago, when women were attracted to men who had a sense of style that went beyond the modern trend for men to look like pimps. Everybody knows that the way men dress is largely dictated by women who, contrary to what they might say about character being important and looks being secondary, always judges a guy's character largely on the basis of his looks. After all, if a guy wears baggy pants, he's probably a drug pusher. If he doesn't iron his shirts, he probably works at Macdonalds, and if he doesn't comb his hair and shave properly then chances are he'll be offering her a date on his porch, dinner consisting of beer and pretzels and a quick romp on his matress (sans actual bed frame). Guys who want to land good prospects dress the part at the very least. Sure, looks aren't everything, but certainly they do mean a lot to women (take it from me fellas).

Hence Faceman, who I played in the original A-Team, always dressed to please the opposite sex (not to mention please himself in the process!). The 2010 version also dresses to please the opopsite sex - but it is note worthy HOW he dresses; and what this says about how women's tastes have declined, and men, still hoping to land good prospects, have adjusted accordingly.

To be blunt: Faceman ver. 2010 looks like his day job is being a gay dancer at a Latino club, while at night he stands on the street corner peddling hookers. It's a grim testimony to the collapse of morality and good taste in our day and age, when a guy can no longer just wear a light blue suit and a classy scarf to get girls, but instead has to dress like he's from the FBI.

I guess they were going for "tall, dark, and handsome" - which, even though I'm blond - would not have bothered me. After all, Bogart, who I based both my acting and dress on, was the benchmark for that particular stereotype. The problem with Faceman ver. 2010 is that while he is indeed tall and dark, the word "handsome" would have to be replaced by "menacing" ... well ... menacing and overtly metrosexual, if not homosexual.

Thank god movies only let us hear and see, rather than smell. Somehow I suspect that Faceman ver. 2010 is the victim of contemporary metropolitan women's obsession with spraying men with sixty different types of perfume, buttering him up with a variety of exotic skin creams, and herding him into a solarium.

Back in the day, a guy was expected to be a little gruff, and we used aftershave mainly to take the sting away from shaving - not for the odor. Odors and creams and perfumes and make up in general was the domain of women - and it is a pity that they have started to share this domain with men.

Then again, you can't tell a book by its' cover - so I'm hoping that picture of Faceman doesn't portend a smooth talking metrosexual where there should be a sharp witted, romantic, classy guy!

Dirk

(and Pete)

Edited by VFTF1

Paint it like the A-team van TODAY!!!

That way when the movie comes out people will thing the A-team copied YOU!

I tried to convince my wife to do that when we bought it, but instead she uses as a canvas for her paintings and bumper stickers she creates.

I think it looks like goofy fun. I like goofy fun!

And seriously, anyone thinking the A Team movie would be an R-rated bloodfest a la Rambo really needs to have their head examined. I just hope it isn't as cartoony as GI Joe was, but I'll accept a goofy fun movie based on a goofy fun TV show.

Well, all I can say is like all movie remakes of old TV hits, it will be make or break. Land of the Lost and Miami Vice come to mind of BREAKS. Let's see how this holds.

Well, all I can say is like all movie remakes of old TV hits, it will be make or break. Land of the Lost and Miami Vice come to mind of BREAKS. Let's see how this holds.
A break in spite of Micheal Mann being involved in the Miami Vice movie. As for Land of the Lost, I bet Sid and Marty Kroft are laughing their asses off.

Thank god movies only let us hear and see, rather than smell. Somehow I suspect that Faceman ver. 2010 is the victim of contemporary metropolitan women's obsession with spraying men with sixty different types of perfume, buttering him up with a variety of exotic skin creams, and herding him into a solarium.

Back in the day, a guy was expected to be a little gruff, and we used aftershave mainly to take the sting away from shaving - not for the odor. Odors and creams and perfumes and make up in general was the domain of women - and it is a pity that they have started to share this domain with men.

Then again, you can't tell a book by its' cover - so I'm hoping that picture of Faceman doesn't portend a smooth talking metrosexual where there should be a sharp witted, romantic, classy guy!

Yeah but in the good olden days (men being a bit gruff) there was also a time when men wore pink shirts. lol Perfume on men is the new pink shirt of today.

I don't think it's all women's fault, just the elite want to differentiate themselves from everyone else to stand out more and people who make the perfumes are looking to expand into new territories to increase profits. Those who buy into it become a type of slave to the 'fashion cycle'. (ie something that is unfashionable, suddenly becoming fashionable all over again when somebody else who matters is started to be seen wearing it - no matter how ridiculous it seems to them)

It's really as simple as this: The people who set all the trends don't want you to be confident in yourself no matter what you wear, they want you to have an excuse to spend more money. If say, a cheap alternative to looking classy comes along, the classy people with more money to spend now need a new thing to set themselves apart from the others who are trying to look like them and this results in creating a need (to look different). The need is fullfilled by these companies (who set the new image) constantly altering something so the other guys who try to follow the classy people, can't really catch up because he can't afford to look like the upper class guy by the time the new trend becomes fashionable.

Sure there will always be some things that never go out of fashion, but the whole concept of creating the new image so that people will differentiate themselves to look classier than others stays the same from one period to another.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker