ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now I'm not much a fan of the Rebuilds, but... DAYUM:

ots00030_0.jpg

https://www.hlj.com/1-8-scale-assemble-heroines-makinami-mari-illustrious-summer-queens-ots00030

July release.

To be clear, it's a plastic model kit, not a pre-painted figure. It requires glue but no paint, though paint will obviously help, and the head/face will be pre-painted.

And another one I've been looking forward to:

kbysv-297_0.jpg

https://www.hlj.com/1-7-scale-my-little-pony-bishoujo-princess-luna-figure-kbysv-297

September release.

She dark and she THICCCCCCC! :D I'm happy to see the line ending on two real bangers, with this and the only-teased-but-surely-on-track-for-eventual-release Celestia. Or well, it might continue, but I don't really see any other characters selling enough to warrant such.

My Little Pony must have been popular back in the day. Because I don't understand how Kotobukiya can make a bunch of figures for My Little Pony but only one from Metal Gear Solid. I only remember that terrible My Little Pony toy commercial song. I wish they would make figures from the Jem cartoon but maybe that movie scared them.

That purple My Little Pony girl does look good. I guess they transform in the cartoon since I see she has the same horn as the pony. I thought the cowgirl one was pretty but I didn't think the pony was detachable.

27 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

My Little Pony must have been popular back in the day. Because I don't understand how Kotobukiya can make a bunch of figures for My Little Pony but only one from Metal Gear Solid. I only remember that terrible My Little Pony toy commercial song. I wish they would make figures from the Jem cartoon but maybe that movie scared them.

That purple My Little Pony girl does look good. I guess they transform in the cartoon since I see she has the same horn as the pony. I thought the cowgirl one was pretty but I didn't think the pony was detachable.

They revived the franchise with a new tv show back in like 2011? 2012? subtitled "Friendship is Magic" that became unexpectedly really popular, hence this series of figures. IIRC, the ponies in the show didn't transform into human form; there was some plot point or another somewhere along the line that introduced a parallel universe with human versions of the characters. But these Bishoujo line figures are different original designs with the same basic premise of "anthropomorphize the pony":

Applejack.png

vs

51xjoOSBJdL._AC_SX425_.jpg

As for MGS, who else could they have done a Bishoujo figure of? Mei Ling? Naomi Hunter? Eva? Don't get me wrong, they're all memorable characters, but I dunno, I feel like their aesthetics would clash too much. Even the Sniper Wolf one looked a bit weird.

Also, apparently the Mari figure is coming out as both a (presumably styrene) model kit and a prepainted (PVC) figure. Not only that, there were already Asuka and Rei releases, too... neither of which struck my fancy that much. Shame. I had to clamp down on my immediate impulse to buy them now now now to make sure I had a complete trio. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I wa

On 3/16/2021 at 10:53 PM, kajnrig said:

They revived the franchise with a new tv show back in like 2011? 2012? subtitled "Friendship is Magic" that became unexpectedly really popular, hence this series of figures. IIRC, the ponies in the show didn't transform into human form; there was some plot point or another somewhere along the line that introduced a parallel universe with human versions of the characters. But these Bishoujo line figures are different original designs with the same basic premise of "anthropomorphize the pony":

Applejack.png

vs

51xjoOSBJdL._AC_SX425_.jpg

As for MGS, who else could they have done a Bishoujo figure of? Mei Ling? Naomi Hunter? Eva? Don't get me wrong, they're all memorable characters, but I dunno, I feel like their aesthetics would clash too much. Even the Sniper Wolf one looked a bit weird.

Also, apparently the Mari figure is coming out as both a (presumably styrene) model kit and a prepainted (PVC) figure. Not only that, there were already Asuka and Rei releases, too... neither of which struck my fancy that much. Shame. I had to clamp down on my immediate impulse to buy them now now now to make sure I had a complete trio. :lol:

I want a Mei Ling MGS figure. But they didn't make Sniper Wolf look tough. She was too cute for her character. That's why I didn't get that one. They could make Meryl as well.

Also, I updated the Ghost in the Shell items topic. But for the few that check this figure topic. Movie Motoko is coming out. But she's $1000 and 1/4 scale! I think they can do better for that price. But I was never crazy about that poster image. Never thought they would make a statue of that.

543751488_motokogits.thumb.jpg.e28e538dd4de2df15abffb2220cfe6b5.jpg

Wow. That new statue of Matoko Kusanagi looks breathtaking.

It isn’t something I can afford either, but I really appreciate the direction and look forward to the final effort when it’s released. It seems very intricate with all of the cables connecting to and protruding from her cyborg access points. Goodsmile notes that the statue is made of different materials: polystone, polyurethane, and PVC, and the base isn’t final. No doubt, I expect this will have some weight to it.

• 1 month later...

She's 1/3 scale. But the pose looks awkward without the bonus cape. I'll wait for a second attempt. Or decide on one of the Tweeterhead versions.

Edited by JetJockey

• 2 weeks later...

if someone interested(hell sure I am :D ) Square Enix decide to re-release Play Arts CLoud and Fenrir again!, the PO is up at AmiAmi , just got my PO cause no way in hell I'm letting this beauty pass again!, I'm a big fan Advent Children and wanted  Cloud and Fenrir since lots and lots of years ago couldn't get it in the first wave cause of budget issues, but not this time :yahoo:, seriously this came up out of nowhere and is amazing! 

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?scode=FIGURE-040137-S001

image.thumb.png.3502aaab86b914fea7a93db27f100388.png

Edited by Alex GS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

13 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Nice! :wub:

Now I wonder if Square Enix is also going to spend some budget on making a statue or a PAKai figure for Cloud to complete the trio. And if so, which dress should it be? :lol: 

jlee_210406_1001_clouddress.jpg.76c361cb44c777ab895dc5a043d0d7d4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 5:36 AM, kajnrig said:

I think it's a lack in creativity that they didn't use more different poses for them

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...