ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

My god...

Alphamax just want's all my money and they're gonna get it because I love Misaki Kurehito girls so much.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-017925

hIE1458870585_zpszljn7khh.jpeg

hIE1458870587_zpsed0ah7cs.jpeg

Edited by Dangard Ace
Mature Content beyond just racy clothes or lack thereof

this will be my first male One Piece figure (i have Robin with the big hand cannon).

not really familar with One Piece but thought this one looked fun so PO'd it at a local store

main6652-cr-1280x1280.jpg

ooh, shiny!

FIGURE-017861.jpg

i don't really like bigger than 1/6 but i previously got Cecilia at clearance, my lone 1/4 figure, so i thought: heck, i like Houki anyway.

FIGURE-005581.jpg

while i probaly shouldn't go crazy collecting this line:

f160906.jpg

i'm thinking i might as well add Rias to round the menage a trois

FIGURE-015335.jpg

My figure collecting died down to about 1 a year since 2010, last purchase was the Wave Saber figures in illuminated jewel case
(admittedly I missed out on the GS Kiss Shot Acerola because the release was postponed and came in my vacation and because I failed to send payment
HLJ decided to block my account after 18 years of deals)

If anything, if there has been any withdrawl, it is mitigated by the lesser stress on the wallet :D

I buy figurines here and there. Last month I purchased Celia physical Bikini version and I have several figures on preorder ( Brave Marudea fight, Jingai Makyo Ignis, and Tony's Heroine Freesia).

I don't have anything new coming in until april and I've only preordered one thing in the last month. I think I'm going through withdrawl or something. :wacko:

i know the feeling.

my "therapy" during "slow" months is to trawl amiami's pre-owned section for figures i was interested in but not enough to pay full price at release...

or for stuff posted here that i wasn't even aware of and missed out on.

seriously, this thread is poison :p

Guest davidwhangchoi
Price: US $ 305 / JPY38,000 (without tax)
Release Date: March 2016
Chiduo: 250mm
Material: ABS / ATBC-PVC / PA / POM / alloy
content: Hulkbuster body armor hangar, special pedestal, test button batteries (LR41x10 a)
renovation / supervision: Chemical Attack
design: T-REX
color: Yoji Hayakawa

9SmcyjH.jpg

zePRP5h.jpg
ChAcPrx.jpg
IuLKqnn.jpg
q1Mk8PF.jpg

passed by my local store on the way home.

the supervisor was kind enough to open the Asmodeus sundae box.

the popsicle is separate, and the figure looks fine without it.

it's bigger than i expected. the sundae is life size and looks yummy!

couldn't resist bringing home a dessert treat.

now that's just not right, you having her before me. Now I need to go and impuse order her because I've gotta have everything from this line of figures. :wacko::rolleyes:

BTW the Dicksicle is the funniest part of the figure, it's just not the same without it. :p

Edited by anime52k8

What's people's experience with ami ami? Never ordered from them before.

Nothing but positive experiences with them over years of ordering. Go for it...

What's people's experience with ami ami? Never ordered from them before.

It is usually unproblematic when everything is ok with your order. Once you need customer support it might get a bit tricky. They are also not amused when you cancel preorders all to often. They send fast, well protected and I never had a problem with them. However I was also never dependent on their customer support. Prices are roughly the same as with HLJ since shipping is often cheaper with HLJ. Don't be fooled by their "high" discounts. They calculate their discount with the Japanese sales tax on top. So their calculation (fantasy numbers) is:

800 Yen item + 200 Yen tax = 1000 Yen so 30% preorder discount = 700 Yen

Where other shops calculate like this:

800 Yen item with 20% preorder discount = 640 Yen

Actual examples:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-018894&rank=

http://hlj.com/product/kbypp-649

Japanese shops don't have to pay the Japanese sales tax when they are shipping it outside their country so this might be a bit misleading. They are still cheaper when it comes to the item but usually this is offset by the higher shipping rates. IIRC they allow to combine all orders in one month together but they don't have something like the Private Warehouse/Pile of Loot/Roller Stash.

If you live in a country where you have to pay customs fees and local sales taxes if you import stuff the amiami packages will get caught by customs 100% of the time (at least in my country) so this might also factor in your shopping preferences.

They also include a little note to thank you for your purchase (not handwritten but an nice gesture). :p

If I got anything wrong please feel free to correct me.

Edited by Scyla

• 2 weeks later...

quick opinion question: which looks better, red or black?

FIGURE-014616_01.jpgFIGURE-014617_01.jpg

tell me.. don't you think its a little awkward having revealing figures like these on display when people come round to visit??

unless those people who come round are also into figures like these?? or.. you simply don't ever have people come round to your house..?

tell me.. don't you think its a little awkward having revealing figures like these on display when people come round to visit??

unless those people who come round are also into figures like these?? or.. you simply don't ever have people come round to your house..?

His walls all have secret alcoves. When people come 'round, he slaps the red button, the display cases spin around, the anime titties are hidden, and all people see are bookshelves full of classical literature.

I keep most of the nude figures in my room where anyone who comes by who I wouldn't want seeing this stuff has no reason to go anyways. And when I have a random figure or two out most people don't even notice.