ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

Today is a good day! I picked up Exellent Model Core's Nyx figure from the same line as the Shizuka figure that anime52k8(seriously man I owe you) pointed me to came from. It looks great and only cost me $67. God bless brick and mortar stores! I also picked up a revoltech Elina figure for $50 to add to my growing list of Queen's Blade revoltech figures. A little expensive yes, but not as bad as for what she is going for online.

I have to admit I find it a little humorous and ironic that I found the two characters that hate each other the most at the same exact time. Nyx is pretty much the catalyst for everything that Leina the wandering warrior does in the series.

In the canon prequel visual novel when Leina first sneaks out of Castle Vance she gets rescued by Nyx after knocking herself out and sees how she lives in poverty and how the nobles especially Elina make her life a living hell as a serving girl. Leina leaves without telling Nyx her real name and Nyx gets called to the castle to fetch special cave spring water so Elina can have a bath. While at the spring she finds and is corrupted by the demon staff Funikura and proceeds to attack Vance castle before being driven off by Claudette. At that point Nyx and Leina run into each other again with Nyx telling her that she was the one that set Vance Castle on fire to get revenge on all nobles and not just Elina. At this point Nyx snaps when Leina tells her what her real name is and attacks her. Leina injures Funikura's eye and is able for a brief moment get through to Nyx and apoligize while telling her to get rid of funikura. Unable to come to terms with the people she just murdered(some of which were servants like her self) she takes the staff and runs. Leina gives up her nobility and vows not to let others suffer the way Nyx has setting off on her journey whch is right where the anime picks up

help me decide?

f1e751047496fb35629dcd35d82cb86c_4.jpg or 10198713a.jpg

the first is a 1/6 GK and nearly twice the price of the second one which is 1/7 PVC

Is the second one up for order? I remember seeing a prototype somewhere. I'm not sure if this is it.

you know, I'm not at all in to premium format figures (too big and too expensive)

but I love the art this is based on:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=300220&ref=home_featureA

Artgerm makes some pretty drawings. I can't wait to see what else Sideshow has him work on. I think Harley Quinn and Catwoman are next. He drew some really pretty Supergirl and Power Girl images recently.

http://artgerm.deviantart.com/gallery/

anyone here got any experience with the Charagumin line from Volks? (http://www.volks.co.jp/en/charagumin/whats.html/)

they're supposed to be assemble-it-yourself figure kits using pre-colored resin parts.

by pre-colored, i assume this means molded in color (like gunpla) rather than pre-painted pieces? and so that would mean they are basically flat in color ie. no shading nor painted details?

anyone here got any experience with the Charagumin line from Volks? (http://www.volks.co.jp/en/charagumin/whats.html/)

they're supposed to be assemble-it-yourself figure kits using pre-colored resin parts.

by pre-colored, i assume this means molded in color (like gunpla) rather than pre-painted pieces? and so that would mean they are basically flat in color ie. no shading nor painted details?

Yeah, I think they're casted in the color that they're supposed to be. I saw a bunch of these at the Volks shop here last month, thought about buying an Etna (from Disgaea) kit. Maybe I will, since I suck at doing figures, and this would be a good way to practice.

thanks Jefuemon. i wouldn't mind these Volks figure kits if they had at least already painted the face, and maybe shaded the hair.

moving on, i've just watched Bakemonogatari and now want a Hanekawa. except for K-On's Azusa who came with a cat ears headband, i never thought i'd consider buying a cat-eared figure.

anyway, i'm torn between two figures yet again:

first up, Alter 1/7. nice dynamic pose and wild hair, flirty cleavage

10149010a11.jpg

then, there's 1/8 Kotobukiya. very interesting base and same scale as my Hitagi

10172153a12.jpg

the thing is, neither of them really nails the face sculpt. while both of them indeed capture Neko-Hanekawa's playful personality, no hint at all of her sadistic streak.

i'm kinda hoping it would be something like the pic below, but i haven't heard of any new Hanekawa figures. so i'm wondering if i should settle for one of the above, or wait for something new, maybe coming from the more recent Nekomonogatari or Kizumonogatari shows. thoughts?

a9bb83ea2ba3455da3223b12e2d43d7d.jpg

yeah, it's quite a unique base. i'm actually contemplating on getting it just for the base, lol!

speaking of bases, here's a rather unusual one:

FIG-MOE-8235.jpg

the figure itself does nothing for me though, so it's a pass.

checked out both Hanekawa figures today. sadly, i walked away empty handed because the faces just seemed off to me, more so in person. guess, i'll hold off until a new sculpt comes along.

but since i've got Bakemono-fever pretty bad, i ended up buying this Shinobu instead:

FIG-MOE-4417.jpg

i'll be picking her up tomorrow. what i really wanted though was Shinobu's original form:

98681.jpg

too bad GSC is postponing her release until the Kizumono movie comes out, which from what i've been reading, might be a very long wait. i'm smacking my head for not getting the painted GK version of this a few months ago. i had her on my watchlist then, even before i knew who she was. unfortunately i didn't act fast enough on the email notification. bummer...

(maybe OT, but it comes with figures B)) )

got lucky on YAJ as this auction went uncontested. almost 50% off.

TOY-SCL2-15503.jpg

it's my first die-cast car outside of the 007 collection. now i'm thinking, there must be more cool cars from anime that have been turned into 1/18 die-cast.

Ozma's Lancia comes to mind. i haven't heard of any Ozma-specific releases but it should be doable to custom decal one. Batou also had a Lancia.

there's also Speed Racer (but it's $300 :blink: and i don't like it that much). i wonder if there was ever a Daimos car in 1/18. open to suggestions.

one of these days i'm going to watch Evangelion, and based on what you guys have written about it, i'll probably end up liking it. but for now, i'm just going to celebrate my luck, stumbling on this find while i was actually trawling YAJ for a 1/18 Aston Martin V8 Vantage (The Living Daylights), my holy grail.

Why are we getting zero Macross, Southern Cross, or Mospeada statues of the awesome girl characters? Check out this new statue of Rei Yamamoto from Space Battleship Yamato 2199. I'll probably get her. Haven't seen the show either.

post-15104-0-31824300-1365912602_thumb.jpg

post-15104-0-06107500-1365912607_thumb.jpg

Why can't a company make a Milia with the red suit? Or her daughter that has a similar pose to the Rei statue in this artwork?

post-15104-0-36556000-1365912628_thumb.jpg

How about Silvie Gena from Macross II. She had a cool character design. Or of course Rook. Maybe one of the girls from Southern Cross. They all rode the hoverbikes and could have similar poses. Why oh why are these 80s anime characters getting no attention.

Because those characters haven't been featured in any new animation in decades. Yamamoto is in an OVA that's ongoing RIGHT NOW. Also, hardly anyone who would actually buy figures like that care about Macross II, and almost nobody cares about Mospeada, Southern Cross or an obscure PC engine game from '92.

Because those characters haven't been featured in any new animation in decades. Yamamoto is in an OVA that's ongoing RIGHT NOW. Also, hardly anyone who would actually buy figures like that care about Macross II, and almost nobody cares about Mospeada, Southern Cross or an obscure PC engine game from '92.

I'm sure there are tons of fans of the older anime titles. Besides, they are older and can afford this stuff now.

I just watched the Dragon's Crown Sorceress trailer. Before I was only interested in a statue of the Elf character. I want the Sorceress now. I love how she flies across the screen. She even walks like she's the coolest character in the game. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PY63w3N9qk

anyone here got experience repainting a PVC figure? i'm looking at having a custom done on the clothes and hair, but not the face and flesh parts.

wondering if it's a bad idea or not, as well about a few things:

- is it necessary to take off the original paint? or just paint over? the new color is darker than the original.

- what solvent to use that doesn't damage the PVC underneath?

- i suppose acrylic paint is the safest to use?

- anybody interested in a commission?

I'm not a mass effect fan but I've got one on order through bbts. Should be in stock there at the end of the month. (also waiting on metal build exia and some generations voyagers to round out the shipping charge).

I'm sure there are tons of fans of the older anime titles. Besides, they are older and can afford this stuff now.

I just watched the Dragon's Crown Sorceress trailer. Before I was only interested in a statue of the Elf character. I want the Sorceress now. I love how she flies across the screen. She even walks like she's the coolest character in the game. :lol:

Would be sweet if they made a figure of the sorceress.. and would be even better if the figure was a cast off one.

Not anything mind-blowing. Just black hair. Got her here http://biowarestore.com/female-commander-shepard-bishoujo-statue-exclusive-edition.html

My Shep has black hair and damnit, I'm gonna get the one with black hair! :)

Edited by xrentonx