ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

It was a dead link:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /figure/src/1353334016116.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Never mind, the pic loaded after a second try.

LOL!

I shudder at how willing these otaku are in butchering something to make a joke. There are tons of collectors out there who are willing to pay top dollar for a cuirassier. They'd probably cry at the sight of it being turned into a Segway!

Edited by GU-11

I shudder at how willing these otaku are in butchering something to make a joke. There are tons of collectors out there who are willing to pay top dollar for a cuirassier. They'd probably cry at the sight of it being turned into a Segway!

Believe it or not, there is no butchering involved with that picture; the front assembly of the Cuirassier disconnects from the rest of the bike at a small tab -- not glue, just a tight friction fit.

Edit: FYI, you can clearly see the bracelet on her left wrist in that image.

Edited by mechaninac

Believe it or not, there is no butchering involved with that picture; the front assembly of the Cuirassier disconnects from the rest of the bike at a small tab -- not glue, just a tight friction fit.

Edit: FYI, you can clearly see the bracelet on her left wrist in that image.

That's a relief. I was thinking the guy might either have an extra, or was just plain crazy.

As for the bracelet, that's a frighteningly small accessory. You won't want to swap hands for Saber on a couch or any place where it can easily go missing. God forbid that you should do so on a plush carpet. I'll have to do any hand-swapping for Saber on a clean desk, and with my dog locked out of the room should the bracelet fall on the floor.

Figma could have given extras of those bracelets.

Seriously. How much could those tiny things cost... 10th of cent, or less? Max Factory clearly cheapened out on this score. I guess it behooves the buyer to be very attentive when handling the figure.

The amount of plastic is insignificant, but the size of the things might make them hard to manufacture.

Just a guess, though.

BTW, I notice Figma's starting to skimp on the size of the boxes, not that I'm complaining. The smaller boxes help save space on my fast-vanishing closet real estate. You know, with all this cost-cutting, you'd think they'd at least keep the prices the same. If anything, all we're seeing are rising prices...although that could be due to the strong yen.

And while we're on the topic of Figma, now I'm getting the urge to buy Irisviel as well. I've taken a liking ot the character after I started watching the anime. Thankfully, she's doesn't seem to play a very important role, so I'll probably be able to content myself with just Saber and Kiritsugu. Damn, these figmas are ridiculously addictive. We'll see how long my willpower holds out.

Edited by GU-11

Nah! Think about it. They've had the tooling made in order to include one pair per figure. It's not any harder to manufacture 100K pieces than to make 1K, other than the extra labor to tend the molding machine and cut the parts off the tree, and the economy of scales dictates that the higher the production numbers the lower the cost per unit; It all depends on how many cavities they designed into the molds, which translates into how many copies are shot per cycle (open mold, eject previously molded part(s), close mold, inject molten plastic, cool down, repeat)... if the bracelets are molded from a dedicated tool (no parts sharing), the cycle time could be very short.

Unboxed this one and displayed it in the R-rated section. Had more (i.e. Bible Black and Maid Bride by Daiki ) but looked too excessive for display.

rrated.jpg

CookingGirl.jpg

Still trying to find room for this one

Saber-1.jpg

I really like bikes to I snagged this one up

MessengerGirl.jpg

and finally opened this one

BikerGirl.jpg

Anyone know what series this is from?

AnyoneKnow.jpg

Unboxed this one and displayed it in the R-rated section. Had more (i.e. Bible Black and Maid Bride by Daiki ) but looked too excessive for display.

there's no such thing as excessive IMO...

(warning: picture contains lots of plastic boobies; do not open spoiler if you're offended by such things and/or hate America:)

Edited by anime52k8

there's no such thing as excessive IMO...

(warning: picture contains lots of plastic boobies; do not open spoiler if you're offended by such things and/or hate America:)

Sadly, the first thing I noticed was how Thundercracker, a Decepticon, got mixed up into this group. :p

Sadly, the first thing I noticed was how Thundercracker, a Decepticon, got mixed up into this group. :p

because I don't have room on my transformers shelves for something that big right now :p

Edited by anime52k8

I've got no interest in Ikki Tousen, but I find this figure really cute and sexy and I'm really bummed because I can't get it.

It's way to expensive and sold out everywhere: http://www.hlj.com/product/dak37135

(and yes, I specifically want the pink version because it's extra awesome)

134315_s0.jpg

I wonder if the local customs will let this one pass. I mean, there's no actual "boobage" or castoffable options. Not sure I want to risk getting such an expensive item sent back though.

...not that I even have the spare cash to buy it.

Should have picked up the figma version Kanu when I had the chance. That one is about as "kosher" as it gets for an Ikki Tousen figure.

Edited by GU-11

I have one where she is in chains lying on her back and leaning on the wall.

I have the yamato project dynamite version of her sitting in chains in just her panties and a ripped blouse. I have a total of 6 different figures of Kanu. Kanu and Ignis are easily my favorite female anime figurines.

I'm still kicking myself on passing up on the chichinoe and young hip coverl girl models.

I'm still kicking myself on passing up on the chichinoe and young hip coverl girl models.

Not a bad price IMO (as in I payed 1,000 yen more for mine because it was MISB): http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-392927.html :p

I really wish Orchid Seed would reissue/release more repaints of the chichinoe 2 and Hibiki. I'd re-buy those molds in a heart beat if they where retail price.

Edited by anime52k8

Not a bad price IMO (as in I payed 1,000 yen more for mine because it was MISB): http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-392927.html :P/> I really wish Orchid Seed would reissue/release more repaints of the chichinoe 2 and Hibiki. I'd re-buy those molds in a heart beat if they where retail price.

Don't tempt me! There are way too many toys/models coming out in the next 2 month's, my wallet is screaming. The next models I have on order are the Ignis in wedding dress and Bishojou Huntress.

I'd like to see some must own Queen's blade models. Especially of Claudette, Branwen, and Sigui.

Don't tempt me! There are way too many toys/models coming out in the next 2 month's, my wallet is screaming. The next models I have on order are the Ignis in wedding dress and Bishojou Huntress.

I'd like to see some must own Queen's blade models. Especially of Claudette, Branwen, and Sigui.

I cancelled my Ignis order from AmiAmi because I couldn't throw down on it right now, but now that it's been pushed back to January I've thrown in a new order with HLJ. The only other figure I've got on order right now is Bishojou Fem Shepard, which is really strange because I don't even like Mass Effect. I just think she has an adorable pouty face.

Edited by anime52k8

I've got no interest in Ikki Tousen, but I find this figure really cute and sexy and I'm really bummed because I can't get it.

It's way to expensive and sold out everywhere: http://www.hlj.com/product/dak37135

(and yes, I specifically want the pink version because it's extra awesome)

134315_s0.jpg

I haven't seen this anime yet but I have seen a bunch of good statues for this character. This is yet another one.

I own the standard colors version of that Kanu Unchou figure, along with several other figures of hers. My fav is one of her in a racing swimsuit.

Do you have pictures of the racing swimsuit version? Or the producing company name so I can search for it.