ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

I always wanted the Masume Shirow S.S.A.T. figure to go with my Shirow Beagle Space Pirate, but now I can't find it for anything less than 400. And that's for a PVC figure people.

A lot of these figures take off in price once they sell out. Especially for originals since I've read there are some bootleg versions out there. I usually pick up whatever anime PVC statue fairly quickly. Since second editions are usually rare.

@ Kicker:

Nice Bleach collection. I actually found the same Ichigo statue and that guy with the bandages at a DVD store, of all places. How's the quality? It wasn't very expensive (approx. 26 USD after conversion) so I might consider getting one or both of them.

BTW, LOL at the bottom right corner of the pic! The way you set it up, it looks like Kon's peeking under Rider's from behind! :lol:

And that blue-haired chick with the skull on her head...is that Nell all grown up?! Never imagined she'd be so...womanly.

Edited by GU-11

Quality is ok. Not top notch but I do like it considering if you've kept up with the manga, it was probably the best dramatic scene when he transforms to it.

Although that rider fig is small it was a hard fig to find and one of my favorites

There's another version of Nell i'm trying to track down.

Does anyone here want to see more "real" figures? There was a Yoko one released a while back. I still haven't seen Gurren Laggan yet. But I was tempted to get the figure knowing nothing about the character. There are tons of characters they could do in the more realistic style. I think Shunya Yamashita's Evangelion statues are considered to be the real type too.

post-15104-0-54883900-1352938071_thumb.jpg

Lol, I'm actually selling one of those Yoko's tomorrow. I like her, but would have prefered her in a smaller scale.

The best Yoko remains the Bounty Hunter Version by Alter IMO.

3287219746_f657807425_o.jpg

3287219856_9aee4b519e_o.jpg

3287219830_e33003a527.jpg

Edited by Omegablue

Quality is ok. Not top notch but I do like it considering if you've kept up with the manga, it was probably the best dramatic scene when he transforms to it.

Although that rider fig is small it was a hard fig to find and one of my favorites

There's another version of Nell i'm trying to track down.

I've only watched the anime up to season 3, but that bandaged transformation thing looks cool. I actually thought it was a different character.

Still kicking myself for missing out on the Figma Rider fig--just wasn't into Fate Stay/Night and didn't like the Saber fig, so I figured just having Rider would look awkward in my display. Same story with Fate/Zero. Didn't watch the anime and wasn't into Saber's rather bland design. But when the bike (motored cuirassier) came out, I decided to pick her up so she could sit on it. By then the figure was already sold out. I hope Bandai would make its own version of Saber in her black suit in their Chogokin. If it's in scale enough with the Figma Cuirassier, I'll get her to ride it.

I've only seen Nell as a child in the anime. Looking at her all grown up...feels kind of awkward.

Edited by GU-11

Saber in suit is probably one of Figma's best. And I prefer it more than her wierd long dress armour outfit.

I agree. While I find her suit somewhat lackluster, I was still okay with it. The armor dress, though, I absolutely abhor. In fact, one of the reasons I passed on the Fate/Zero figma was because her sword retained the same design and reminded me of the armor dress.

Adult Nell is hot looking. I'm such a perv

Nah, nothing wrong with finding adult Nell hot. You're not a pedo bear unless you get the hots for kid Nell, so you're still safe.

If it's the Figma Saber Fate/Zero you're after, see here. :)

I could kiss you, Mechaninac (if you looked like Taylor Swift, which I highly doubt, you being male and all :D )

Not sure if I'd dare risk getting this past customs, though. It's certainly "kosher" by even the most conservative standards, but that damn toy safety thing keeps hanging over the heads of us Malaysian collectors like a fricking Sword of Damocles. I usually tell HLJ to clearly state on the box and invoice that the item's a collectible for ages 15 and up. Hopefully this shop will oblige me as well.

I guess it should be fine if I shipped via FedEx--as expensive as they are, they usually get my stuff past customs with no problems. The tax is brutal, but better safe than sorry.

Anyways, is the site something like AmiAmi or HLJ (Caucasian-operated, based in Japan)? Shipping would be brutal if I had to ship this from the US.

Edited by GU-11

Does anyone here want to see more "real" figures?....I think Shunya Yamashita's Evangelion statues are considered to be the real type too.

Real=awesome. Few and far between though. Seems the opposite is more common---making exaggerated versions of more realistic characters.

While I find her suit somewhat lackluster, I was still okay with it.

Is like the Saber of the Matrix in that suit.

And awesome mechaninac found you one at very low price!

It's really a pity about Saber's orb armour dress, as Fate Zero is one of those spectacular Animes.

I could kiss you, Mechaninac (if you looked like Taylor Swift, which I highly doubt, you being male and all :D )

Not sure if I'd dare risk getting this past customs, though. It's certainly "kosher" by even the most conservative standards, but that damn toy safety thing keeps hanging over the heads of us Malaysian collectors like a fricking Sword of Damocles. I usually tell HLJ to clearly state on the box and invoice that the item's a collectible for ages 15 and up. Hopefully this shop will oblige me as well.

I guess it should be fine if I shipped via FedEx--as expensive as they are, they usually get my stuff past customs with no problems. The tax is brutal, but better safe than sorry.

Anyways, is the site something like AmiAmi or HLJ (Caucasian-operated, based in Japan)? Shipping would be brutal if I had to ship this from the US.

I had been contemplating purchasing this Saber version for some time but the prices were way too high everywhere I looked, but then I checked Otacute one day just browsing and came across Saber and her Cuirassier, so I bit the bullet and bought both for a total of $81.81 SAL shipped (Ebay sellers are charging as much as ~ $140.00 shipped): Bought on the 4th, shipped on the 5th, and I just got it today. They're good sellers (got my YF-29 Alto from them too) who do a much better job of packaging what they sell than N-Y or AE... on par with HLJ or AmiAmi in that regard. As for how responsive they are to requests of the nature that concern your situation, I wouldn't know... sorry.

Edit: I appreciate the offer of a smooch, but I choose to decline... :wacko::p

Edited by mechaninac

Is like the Saber of the Matrix in that suit.

And awesome mechaninac found you one at very low price!

It's really a pity about Saber's orb armour dress, as Fate Zero is one of those spectacular Animes.

Orb armor? I haven't watched Fate Zero yet, but if it looks anything like the original armor, I'll hate it.

I had been contemplating purchasing this Saber version for some time but the prices were way too high everywhere I looked, but then I checked Otacute one day just browsing and came across Saber and her Cuirassier, so I bit the bullet and bought both for a total of $81.81 SAL shipped (Ebay sellers are charging as much as ~ $140.00 shipped): Bought on the 4th, shipped on the 5th, and I just got it today. They're good sellers (got my YF-29 Alto from them too) who do a much better job of packaging what they sell than N-Y or AE... on par with HLJ or AmiAmi in that regard. As for how responsive they are to requests of the nature that concern your situation, I wouldn't know... sorry.

Edit: I appreciate the offer of a smooch, but I choose to decline... :wacko::p

Is otacute based in Japan? I don't think I can afford to have this shipped from the US, especially using FedEx.

Edited by GU-11

Yes.

From the shipping lable:

57-1-401 Negishi Asahidai

Nakaku, Yokohama

Kanagawa, 231-0854

Japan

Thanks for the info. Now I've officially run out of excuses to convince myself not to order it. :p

Oops, meant arb, slang here for weird, and yes it's directed at her original armour that we both hate. :p

LOL! That armor just screams, "Cinderella, Warrior Princess."

The anime version would be, "Himekishi Sindarerra." :lol:

Truth, but I highly recommend Fate Zero.

I'll definitely check it out one of these days. Heard a lot of good things about the anime. Apparently, it's a lot better that Stay/Night. I just couldn't get into that one, what with the wimpy protagonist and the whole weapon-forging skills thing.

Either way, the bike scene alone is worth watching Fate Zero! I've been told it was awesome! B))

@ Mechaninac:

I just ordered the Saber figure from otacute using FedEx, and just received an order confirmation. How long does it usually take them to ship? They WILL be sending me a shipping notice and tracking number, right?

Sorry, it's been over a year since I bought anything online, and I've pretty much forgotten how these things work.

And thanks again for the finding it for me! :hail:

Apparently, it's a lot better that Stay/Night.

Only thing I liked about Fate Stay, was the battle with Rider. Everything else was too slow and anime cliche.

Fate Zero is more of that Canaan unpredictability and ballistic action.

Only thing I liked about Fate Stay, was the battle with Rider. Everything else was too slow and anime cliche.

Fate Zero is more of that Canaan unpredictability and ballistic action.

I'm watching the second ep of Fate/Zero right now. :D

The first ep was removed due to complaints from Sony Music Japan, apparently. I just jumped into the ep with this kid and Rider. Could you fill me in on what happened in ep1?

Either way, I'm liking what I see so far.

@ Mechaninac:

I just ordered the Saber figure from otacute using FedEx, and just received an order confirmation. How long does it usually take them to ship? They WILL be sending me a shipping notice and tracking number, right?

Sorry, it's been over a year since I bought anything online, and I've pretty much forgotten how these things work.

And thanks again for the finding it for me! :hail:

They shipped my order the day after I placed it; they're pretty quick in sending out anything in stock the next business day, and they do email you a notice, with tracking information if appropriate, when they ship.

I've bought from them some 3 or 4 times over the past few years and have never had a problem; in my experience, as limited as it is, there is nothing to fret about.

And I'm always glad to be able facilitate your parting with the grocery money... ^_^

Edit: When you get your saber, play close attention when you swap hands on the figure: She has bacelets on both wrists that are free floating and could be easily lost; they're a nice touch that warrant attention/caution.

Edited by mechaninac

They shipped my order the day after I placed it; they're pretty quick in sending out anything in stock the next business day, and they do email you a notice, with tracking information if appropriate, when they ship.

I've bought from them some 3 or 4 times over the past few years and have never had a problem; in my experience, as limited as it is, there is nothing to fret about.

And I'm always glad to be able facilitate your parting with the grocery money... ^_^

Edit: When you get your saber, play close attention when you swap hands on the figure: She has bacelets on both wrists that are free floating and could be easily lost; they're a nice touch that warrant attention/caution.

So, I should be expecting an email from them next Monday or Tuesday.

And thanks for the heads up on the bracelets. I didn't even notice them on the pics.

As for groceries...what is this word you speak? At times, I vaguely remember an act called eating. These are irrelevant concepts to me now...I have since ascended to a higher plane of existence known as nerdvana, while meditating under the calming glow of a Yamato fold booster. I am sustained by the happy thoughts of collectors around the world, and every time a collector receives his action figure, I am made whole once more.

Peace be to you, brother.