ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

GU-11: Yeah, I don't buy them either but they're fun to hear about. :)

They are indeed. :D

In any case, even if I could get my hands on one of these, I wouldn't want to. My display room doubles as my home office; I'd be too damn distracted with all these plastic slurms (Slurm? Damn you, word processor! Actual unedited word rhymes with gut) flashing their business at me to concentrate on anything.

The Imari that I wish I could add, was the version sitting in the chair.

If there is one Imari fig I'd actually want to get, it's the one with the demon coming out of the mirror. An old product from a few years ago.

Edited by GU-11

I KNEW I should have bought that Imari/Demon display when it was new. I see them on ebay from time to time but they ain't cheap...

All this perverted talk about the figures and Bible Blackesque stuff remind me of one of the first figures I ever bought(and still one of my favorites). It was called Hitomi figure and was a sculpt of a band girl baton twirler high kicking in a march. Apart from being able to see her panties from her high kicking the figure is adorable and completely innocent. No perverted assessories, no cast off clothes, and no actual nudity what so ever. That is untill you open the box up and see the illustrated trading card that was shipped with it. There she is squating over a japanese style toilet, soaking wet covered in urine/other bodily fluids, and completely naked except for her hat and wet blouse. My first thought was WTF? Does this even go with this figure? I'm actually glad I kept it and didn't give it to my niece who was in a marching band. They would have been a whole bunch of explaining to do! :p

Edited by renegadeleader1

so moving on to something a little less perverted:

http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=34711

http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=34712

I've always wanted one of these and the the magenta looks absolutely adorable. not sure if I should get the regular or DX versions.

FIG-MOE-6884_01.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

• 2 weeks later...

Any chances of Nina Williams and Lili statues being made where the Christie and Asuka ones came from? Looking forward to those two; I use them a lot in Tekken 6.

Well, there is one of Lili, but by MegaHouse - a white and black version, but both are Hobby Japan exclusives.

I think I'm going to pickup this Hatsune Miku "Racing" statue. I barely know anything about the character except seeing that live hologram show on youtube. But this statue is too cool and futuristic to pass up. It's a shame we aren't getting Minmay statues like this. There are tons of possibilies for various costumes from her singing routines. Also, that hologram area in DYRL.

post-15104-0-97776000-1348510550_thumb.jpg

I think I'm going to pickup this Hatsune Miku "Racing" statue. I barely know anything about the character except seeing that live hologram show on youtube. But this statue is too cool and futuristic to pass up. It's a shame we aren't getting Minmay statues like this. There are tons of possibilies for various costumes from her singing routines. Also, that hologram area in DYRL.

post-15104-0-97776000-1348510550_thumb.jpg

This is probably the best Racing Miku yet, more mature and race queen looking.

• 3 weeks later...

Going to ask here something a little off-topic, hey anyone knows how much could i charge for this?

Found it after years, it is not in that good condition, the box is destroyed, but still no piece is missing.

Or is it worth nothing?

Thx.

post-180-0-11684100-1350709078_thumb.jpg

Edited by akt_m

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you like figures, why bother with that CM version of Motoko? The Vice/Alter and SEGA Prize statues are all you need. Unless Hot Toys attempts one. Or perhaps a company like Sideshow Toys decides to make a large scale version.

Got my CM Motoko.

Very disappointed. All the hands slide off and the head wobbles.

I'm getting so tired how QC issues are increasing with every company.

The Gutto Kurro?

I hope it goes on sale pretty soon.

Unless you like figures, why bother with that CM version of Motoko? The Vice/Alter and SEGA Prize statues are all you need. Unless Hot Toys attempts one. Or perhaps a company like Sideshow Toys decides to make a large scale version.

Because I like articulated figures. :p And really wanted an articulated Motoko from the new series.

Already have the Alter version.

And sure, if you show me where I can get the Sega prize versions at affordable price, I'll buy. :D

The Gutto Kurro?

I hope it goes on sale pretty soon.

Yip, the Gutto Kurro. And nope, don't hope on that. This figures are gold in Japan for customizers. It's already sold out and trending at $200 on evilbay... :unsure:

Edited by Omegablue

Because I like articulated figures. :p And really wanted an articulated Motoko from the new series.

Already have the Alter version.

And sure, if you show me where I can get the Sega prize versions at affordable price, I'll buy. :D

I purchased the SEGA Prize Motoko a long time ago around release time. I can't remember what I paid but it was for both versions. I think it might have been around the price one statue is going for now on the Bay but I can't remember. It is a cool statue. I switch off both versions around my PC.

Medicom is releasing a 6 inch articulated Batman!!!

f074.jpg

And Playarts TDKR Batman and Bane up for pre-order. Must say, eventhough Batman is street fighter stylized, I do like. Only concerned with their notorious QC issues.

FIG-KAI-4567_01.jpg