My VF-0S

Thom

I started this one as a straight project, to give me a little rest from too much scratch.

It's a great model and builds up really good. I'll probably make another however, seeing as I forgot to do some things and will refrain from doing others. This is turning out to be more of a test shot.

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0501.jpg

DSCF0512.jpg

DSCF0511.jpg

DSCF0514.jpg

DSCF0518.jpg

DSCF0519.jpg

DSCF0521.jpg

DSCF0522.jpg

Thank you very much! The panel lines were easy with a bit of ProModeler wash. It's great stuff. Just brush on, let dry, and rub off!

http://www.promodeller.com/buy-the-wash/

And I figured it would be easier keeping the pieces separate. It certainly was handier. Although next time I will cement on the vertical stabilizers and putty before painting. Laying the beveled bottoms flat against the top of the fuselage had them laying outward far too much. Following the diagrams had them standing up further and looking correct, but this left a gap on each outer edge where the fin met the body.

I'll also paint the insides of the body as there was light bleed through even after a couple coats of paint. That'll be done also in the wing slots.

If anything, doing this one has only showed how to do the next one even better, and those I look forward too.

Thom

Many thanks for all the compliments, they are very appreciated.

Compared to my other builds, that was quick! Fokker's bird is all finished, after the final placements of the marker lights on the nose and the wing lenses, touched with a little Future to give some shine against the dull coat.

She makes a good start to the VF collection, though at some point I will do it again, with a little refinement...

DSCF0523.jpg

DSCF0526.jpg

DSCF0527.jpg

DSCF0528.jpg

DSCF0529.jpg

DSCF0525.jpg

DSCF0524.jpg

:rolleyes:

Edited by Thom

• 2 weeks later...