1:48 Hasegawa VF-1

CF18

I am Mostly a lurker here but judging from these pictures of the parts on sprues this is looking good. way more detail then we have seen from the prototype. Love what they did with the circle slot thing just in front of the cockpit, recessed and everything. It looks like 2 canopy's are included too.....interesting. But check out the rest of the pics for yourself

CA graphic pics

post-841-1264094787_thumb.jpg

Edited by stratos

I am Mostly a lurker here but judging from these pictures of the parts on sprues this is looking good. way more detail then we have seen from the prototype. Love what they did with the circle slot thing just in front of the cockpit, recessed and everything. It looks like 2 canopy's are included too.....interesting. But check out the rest of the pics for yourself

CA graphic pics

post-841-1264094787_thumb.jpg

OK SICK! TV Version and the PILOT is RIGHT!!! SWEET! Ok it might just be time to Import all of my Model tools from Louisiana! Also THE Cockpit does NOT have that Added Line that you have to sand off and buff like the 1/72. Looks like they learned form that mistake.

Edited by Ranger565

The detail is looking quite good; I'm pleasantly surprised!

...Shame they didn't mold the wing flaps & slats separately.

Sounds like somebody better get busy on a flaps and slats detail set, yes? :D

Somebody mentioned a fold engine for the YF-19. Best be hoping for a resin one since Hasegawa hasn't done one yet (1/48 or 1/72) and at this rate probably won't be coming out.

I still see that they are still using the DYRL VF-1A head. NOT the TV Version Head. So that will have to be modified if you want it for the TV version. but thats a very easy mod. :lol:

Here is a few pics of a kit I started but never got to finish. Due to my move.

and you can see the difference in the heads, Remember this is a kit that was never finished. :( Maybe one day.

post-1578-1264185792_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1264185820_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1264185854_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1264185873_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ranger565

I hope that they do a super / strike version of this.

Ya know, I got three of those G-system 1/48 'Ultimate' Valkyries.....Since this is coming out in plastic now I'm guessing they won't be needing their super/strike parts anymore.....no, that's just a silly thought, isn't it?

Heeeey, I wonder what it would take to make it into a battroid/gerwalk? Use the 1/72 as a reference maybe?

Ya know, I got three of those G-system 1/48 'Ultimate' Valkyries.....Since this is coming out in plastic now I'm guessing they won't be needing their super/strike parts anymore.....no, that's just a silly thought, isn't it?

Heeeey, I wonder what it would take to make it into a battroid/gerwalk? Use the 1/72 as a reference maybe?

Could be troublesome. If the fastpacks are overscale or the airframe was mastered different in shape to what hasegawa is doing. This is a very real possibility. Could be more trouble than its worth. Id rather John mastered the stuff. Once he masters it and gets it close to sale Hasegawa will announce a fast pack set. Its the law of the model world.

Could be troublesome. If the fastpacks are overscale or the airframe was mastered different in shape to what hasegawa is doing. This is a very real possibility. Could be more trouble than its worth. Id rather John mastered the stuff. Once he masters it and gets it close to sale Hasegawa will announce a fast pack set. Its the law of the model world.

A resin FAST pack system wouldn't be ideal, since it would put a considerable amount of stress on the landing gear. Somehow, I get the impression that Hasegawa will eventually produce a Super/Strike version. In fact, I'd be very surprised if they didn't.

WoW! The surface details are pretty amazing... although the cockpit side consoles are movie version, the TV version doesn't have any controls whatsoever, its just an armrest (although this is much more convincing though!).

I'm going to bet that the super/strike versions will either be DYRL variants or will include parts for both versions. It really wouldn't be that many more parts after all, even the A head isn't that drastically changed.

TV. You look really, REALLY close at the far left of the center console, and you can see the 3-mode selector switches. It's even set to Fighter, if I recall the positions right.

Yeah, looks like the TV version console. Referenced the attached pic...

post-30-1264471583_thumb.gif

I want a 1:48 hasegawa battroid!

What's great about these kits is that they're finally in the same scale as a Yamato, so they can finally share parts. :)

Basically, Hasegawa is giving us all those spare TV heads that people wanted for making Max 1A custom jobs. The head swap operation on a 1/48 couldn't be too difficult.

Honestly, it looks like Hasegawa is doing one of two things though... either they're superdetailing the head just for the folks they know will make custom variable conversions.. or they're going to share parts with an already planned battroid kit. :D Seriously, the head is so hidden in fighter, I don't see any other reason to detail it so much. Sheesh, it even looks like the heads have working neck joints!

One looks a little thinner than the other and the tabs in back to hold the canopy on a littler longer, I am going to go with one for open and one for closed

I can't tell much difference on both canopies, but I do see the the frame on the front is much thicker as the way they define the groove line on the frame is higher.

17.jpg

I think the one on the top is like the old 80's models (2 part mold) where the canopy cross-section doesn't come back on itself like a bubble. Where the lower one comes back on itself so its more bubble-like with an undercut (3 part mold - hence the requirement of the seam, which curiously isn't shown) - this was a Hasegawa invention to make the canopy more realistic like actual fighter jets AFAIK.

You know for one extra sprue, maybe two, they could issue the kit with the option to build it in TV or DYRL style.

Ah, but then they wouldn't be able to release a seperate DYRL 1/48 varient kit and milk the molds some more.