Macross toys Limited Editions (LE)

Battlepod

What is your opinion...  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion...

• Only few lucky/rich guys should have access to macross toys
    • I really hope Yamato makes a #200 limited GBP-1S 1/42 (or your favorite figure) edition!
    • At least 30% of the macross toys should have a very low run
    • Two or three LE macross toys by year would be great
    • One by year is enough
    • You should be able to find any toy at supermarket anytime

Sorry if this question has been asked before .... Anyway I think it would be interesting to know our opinion about it.

Almost everyone would like to get at least one of every LE toy (Low viz ,for example :rolleyes: ) but due to its condition they are very rare and difficut to get. Also if you cand find it, is almost sure you will have to pay a lot more that their suggested price. :(

Yamato/bandai CF are very easy to get and sometimes with a discount! <_< Should be this for every toy/line the right way?

I dont think the Low-Viz was that hard to find for people like us on this site. It was just a time limit thing. If you snoozed, you loozed. ;)

If every toy was like the CF, there woudn't be any more valks!

I don't think I understand the question. Of course I'd love for all Valks to be affordable and available. A few chase versions would be fun from a collector's standpoint, but I could take or leave that option. The lack of availability or high price of Macross toys as it is is due in large part to the lack of US Macross licenses (to anyone other than HG that is).

I would vote if I could decipher just what the heck I'm voting about. . .  :)

H

Well... maybe my question wasn't cleary enough...

I would like your opinion about macross toys with low run. the pros and cons about limited editions toys.

Why in the world would I want a macross toy to be made in such short supply that only people like Chan and Sithlord could buy them?

That just defies common sense.

Yamato/bandai CF are very easy to get and sometimes with a discount! <_< Should be this for every toy/line the right way?

Pretty much everything is that way. Like everything people buy isn't at MSRP unless it has the manufacturer's price tag on it. And then there's the MPC. But other than that, practically nothing retails for MSRP without a tag, even when it's a new release. When's the last time you paid $55 or $57 for a video game? Odds are you haven't, even those are the standard MSRP.

I hate any exclusive toys...all it does it give the scalpers something to scalp.

Very true

I'm surprised that the Low-Vis hasen't been jacked up to idiotic prices

(although me thinks most are gambling on a TRU Brown CF type of release for this valk)

edit:

Btw: I have a MIB Low-Vis, Stickers unapplied for sale

this is a limited release and I can't let it go for lower than $3000,-

shipping in my town is free, rest of world: €100,- :p:p:p

Edited by Nightbat®

(although me thinks most are gambling on a TRU Brown CF type of release for this valk)

The difference there is that TRU Japan wanted first dibs on the 1/60 CF as an exclusive to celebrate an anniversary. The 1/48 Low-Vis wasn't an exclusive, it was just limited in numbers. Demand for it would probably still be high if it was a regular release, but I don't know that I'd count on a general release of this one later. You never know though...

Edited by Draykov

Your choices are strange... Are you just asking from an exclusivity perspective?

yes, seems like some members don't agree with yamato and bandai due they overproduce some items, just like CF. I think this is great because many of us have the opportunity to own more of each. Additionally they are the starting point to be a macross toy collectorr (like me :p )

In the other hand when there is a new limited edition, many of us put an excessive attention to it. I really love my lowviz, but not because there are few of them out there, but because I like it by itself. Anyway when it was announced as a limited edition many people asked how low were the run and seems happy as much as the figure downs.

My roots in collecting toys was with starwars. I really loved to get every SW related toy in the market but I got dessapointed when some of them were virtually impossible to get/buy, not just because they were "vintage" but due to this "suppossed" low production. (fan collector exclusives, wallmart exclusives, TRU exclusives, theatre opening exclusives, convention exclusives, etc, etc)

icon8.gif

I tried to move my hobby to McFarlane lines (they have done a great job with Spawn toys), but I found a similar situation... additional to stupid figure/card variants, BTW. :blink:

I guess I supported the educational future of several seller's kids in the past and I dont like to repeat this story.

Sorry, sometimes its difficult to me express correctly an idea, more when you are writting in a non-native language with few neurons working :p

Edited by Battlepod

Your choices are strange... Are you just asking from an exclusivity perspective?

yes, seems like some members dont be agree with yamato and bandai due they overproduce some items, just like CF. I think this is great because many of us have the opportunity to own more of each. Additionally they are the starting point to be a macross toy collectorr (like me :p )

Ok, I understand. The thing is some of us, like me, aren't toy collectors. I just like Macross, therefore making things more exclusive is kind of a pain as we wouldn't always be able to get what we want.

yes, seems like some members dont be agree with yamato and bandai due they overproduce some items, just like CF. I think this is great because many of us have the opportunity to own more of each. Additionally they are the starting point to be a macross toy collectorr (like me :p )

Ok, I understand. The thing is some of us, like me, aren't toy collectors. I just like Macross, therefore making things more exclusive is kind of a pain as we wouldn't always be able to get what we want.

Holy crap! The Major and I agree on something. The apocalypse is nigh. :blink:

Yamato took a big leap producing a toy that is not seen in animation form (presumably, not yet.) Maybe they produced just the right amount for the people that would want them. It's not their fault scalpers and price jackers get a hold of them first. Anyway, producing the Low-Viz at the normal production run numbers may have been overkill, I guess we'll never know. The point is that they DID release it.

Holy crap! The Major and I agree on something. The apocalypse is nigh. :blink:

:o

WTF are you talking about!!??

I am a totally agreeable guy. I piss on M7, but that is about it.

I definately don't like limited editions. I like Macross, but I don't want to have to get a second mortgage to buy the toys.

Amen.

My purchases aren't dictated by limited availability, and I don't see them as some sort of investment. I buy what I like because I like it, and because I am fortunate enough to be able to do so. In my humble opinion, "limited edition" translates to "marketing hype". Let the fanboys devour the useless fuff. They won't get MY money unless it's worth getting.

I think the supermarket should have everything forever.... It's not like these are gonna' be worth anything anyways, what with only adult collectors buying them and keeping the vast majority in mint condition and a large portion of them in the box. Of course, maybe the low-vis will be worth $600 or so twenty years from now.... then you'd be happy. You'd be like," I earned $450, and it only took me twenty years to do it! HOORAY!" :lol:

These toys are so limited in their market, limited editions are a waste of time. In 20 years, no one is going to care. If Macross is going to survive and it's merchandise is going to retain any value, the market must be created. The broader the better.