Overdrive vs. Hobby Link Japan

Cyclone Trooper

To clear thing ups for OD, I have received my order update yesterday for my Armored VF-1J. I recently moved to a new house and afraid that they will ship my package to old address. I've made an update on their old system but the order status still show old address. I replied the order update immediately and they responded the next day which is this morning to tell me that the order was shipped to my new address.

They are still good and responsive in my book, but they are just away from Holidays.

Damn, seems like everybody is getting the GPB-1S set but me God damn it, and I live just a few miles away from them too. Time to e-mail them once more and ask them wtf the hold up is, I feel like I'm getting desperate. :wacko:

Damn, seems like everybody is getting the GPB-1S set but me God damn it, and I live just a few miles away from them too. Time to e-mail them once more and ask them wtf the hold up is, I feel like I'm getting desperate. :wacko:

I just mentioned that I got reply from them instantly and communication was good, I think eugimon is right that you have to check your junk mail filter.

I just mentioned that I got reply from them instantly and communication was good, I think eugimon is right that you have to check your junk mail filter.

My spam filter has been off. I thought that might've been he problem so I turned that off a few days ago and I haven't gotten anything from them. Also, I've received replies from them before and it's all gone into my mailbox. Any other suggestions?

My spam filter has been off. I thought that might've been he problem so I turned that off a few days ago and I haven't gotten anything from them. Also, I've received replies from them before and it's all gone into my mailbox. Any other suggestions?

Check anyways because I was actually in the middle of a conversation with OD, having sent at least 3 emails back and forth when they suddenly started going to spam

Well I always check it and I check on OD itself and it still says "Pending". They responded to me within an hour after I messaged them last night and they told me their holiday stand down is reason for domestic delay. HLJ could still deliver their last VF-0A and a Ghost booster to me despite the holidays. <_<

yeah. I don't shop with OD anymore. They f u c ked up two orders where they charged me but didn't create an open order for me and both times I was the one who caught it. Just not worth the hassle.

I haven't given up on them yet since I have received two orders successfuly from them. It was Max DYRL 1A and movie version Alto VF-25F. I should keep hounding them about my order until they break.

Edited by Macross_Fanboy

I consider having to check to see if they're doing their job as them being incompetent. I wouldn't mind as much if they gave me a discount or free shipping or something but when I have to send them numerous emails each time whilst waiting over a week each time to get it resolved, I, like Roxie and Velma Kelly, just move on.

Regarding HLJ, you guys mention they don't charge your card until the item is shipped.

I orderd something on Jan 5th and my card was charged on Jan 6th. Their web site still shows the item is being processed for shipment though. Is this normal?

I already sent an email to inquire about it but I thought i'd get your feedback.

If you purchased a pre-ordered item which just came into stock - then it's normal. All hobby shops do this with pre-ordered items (unless, like me, they make you pre-pay upon placing an order).

As soon as the items arrive - they charge your card.

But just because your card has been charged, doesn't mean the items are in a box shipping to you. More than likely the items literally just arrived and are being unpacked.

Thus your card is charged but the item is processing.

Pete

Plus from the pros and cons I've been reading on this thread, people are saying they don't charge you until the item is shipped

Shipped?

No - shipping Shipping

Give people a chance to put something in a box :)

Again - this is standard for most stores. Just because they charged your credit card, doesn't mean it's shipped. It just means it's green lit for shipment.

They charged your card on the 6th - today is the 7th. It is possible the charge was automated.

In any event - it's just a greenlight for somebody to pack your shipment up :)

Not to rag on people demanding good service - but sometimes folks forget that this isn't a physical shopping experience where you go up to the counter, pay, and the thing is in hand and hey presto - it's yours :)

I get customers who also sometimes think that the mere fact that they have made a payment means that seconds later the item should be shipping :)

Sometimes it works that way - but sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes a mail truck leaves just when you paid. Sometimes smaller stores run out of boxes to pack stuff.

I can't tell you how many times I've had the following scenarios:

1) A deluge of orders and payments comes in by surprise - and I am short on boxes and packing materials

2) I have a ton of boxes and packing materials but no orders

3) The Mail Truck just left with one shipment and a ton of new orders came in five minutes later and the mail truck won't be back until the day after tomorrow

4) In the case of when I personally drive shipments to the post office - I try to wait for a really large amount to accumulate to save on gas so that I'm not driving three times a day

Bigger stores have various other factors in play. a one or two day or even one week delay in shipping of in stock goods is not unheard of.

To my mind - the worse possible thing is lack of contact - that is a big offence in the world of mail order/internet shopping.

Not having good contact with people scares them, makes them paranoid and is really bad.

Small delays in shipping etc are however pretty routine.

If you order regularly then you get used to it.

Pete

just giving his casual opinion of things