Overdrive vs. Hobby Link Japan

Cyclone Trooper

Like I PMed you - I'm just saying that you're expressing a political opinion (the art about government taking but never giving anything back)

I personally actually AGREE with your opinion.

But I just wouldn't want anybody to accuse you of getting political - which is not allowed by the rules.

I personally think there's nothing wrong with what you said - but it could fall under the "no politics" rule.

It's ok to talk about taxes on imports - of course that's part of the topic.

But all I'm saying is that generalizing and saying government only takes and never gives back is political (and again -I agree with that opinion - but it doesn't matter whether I agree or not).

Also - as I wrote in my PM - I think the "no politics" rule is good because usually people who normally would be friendly with eachother end up arguing and fighting over politics.

And finally - I personally think that because politics is so corrupt and evil - then it's not really worth the time spent discussing it or venting over it anyways.

Please don't take my comment as suggesting that there was something "wrong" with what you said.

I'm not a mod or anything.

I just noticed a little bit of politics in the post and wanted to point it out to you before somebody else did - as a way of keeping you on the safe straight and narrow :)

Maybe I was being overly paranoid.

It could also be due to the fact that I'm due back at my local tax office for ANOTHER two hour audit on this Thursday...

Pete

np IM sorry i respect your view point as always

Yeah that's awesome! I just ordered that VF-1A Hick I've always wanted for once it will cost me under $100 bucks WITH SHIPPING for a VF-1! YES! Came out to about $75 US, no shipping ie....free!, my dollar is almost at parity with the green back.....couldn't pass this up even though I am totally strapped for cash right now.

Edited by logos

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had any communications problems with Overdrive recently? I paid a 40% deposit for a 1/60 Super Ostrich back in April....and have been emailing customer service for over a month now but with nary a single reply.

To be fair, up until October email communication was second to none. Fast, responsive, helpful. Perfect. Then, radio silence, and I have neither cash nor Super Ostrich.

Anyone know of anything possibly happening behind the scenes at OD?

Has anyone had any communications problems with Overdrive recently? I paid a 40% deposit for a 1/60 Super Ostrich back in April....and have been emailing customer service for over a month now but with nary a single reply.

To be fair, up until October email communication was second to none. Fast, responsive, helpful. Perfect. Then, radio silence, and I have neither cash nor Super Ostrich.

They work pretty well for me. I thouht you have to pay full amount at OD for any purchase?

They work pretty well for me. I thouht you have to pay full amount at OD for any purchase?

I had a good relationship with their customer service guy. Since I was literally dropping a few hundred $$s every few weeks, he began letting me preorder with just a 40% deposit. Then invoicing me for the balance when items were released and in stock. Worked fine for about a year, then suddenly...no word. Through a buddy of mine, I know the he's still working there, so I don't know what gives. Anyway, I'll work it out on my own...just curious to see if anyone else here might be having similar issues.

I emailed back and forth with Overdrive a couple weeks ago, sometime in November. Was your Ostrich shipping with other items that hadn't been released yet? The emailing I did with them to coordinate when they would send my Elintseeker and we agreed we'd wait until one more big toy was released so I could save on shipping.

I emailed them 2 weeks ago to release the Elint (or was it the SuperO?) they were holding for me since I wasn't home to receive it when it came out. They responded fast and I got it last week. Need to get around to opening the box.

Last case scenario I'd say to PM Save and ask him for his advice since he's in Japan and knows the OD guys.

Hmm, I've been curious about HLJ, I tried Overdrive last night and it's awesome since they're based in Japan I can have it mailed straight to my apartment. I ordered two 1/60 Strike parts and Hikaru GPB-1S VF-1J and should be arriving on monday in the AM I guess. After I saw the EMS to my address at work, I was quite shocked by what you guys living back in the States and Europe and Aus pay to have stuff shipped over. It was about $67 USD for EMS compared to the 7 USD and I could pick what time of day I prefer for the goods. I'll try HLJ for a YF-19 Eagle One since OD only has the Bird of Prey edition.

With the US dollar at around 86 Yen = $1 US, this hobby is starting to get a little pricier by the week regardless of ordering from Overdrive or HLJ. :wacko:

no kidding? I thought it was 92 over 1 the last time I checked. This hobby is slowly melting my bank account... :ph34r:

Yeah, that exchange rate sucks big time, I remember back when I first got to Japan, the highest the dollar went for was 121 yen. I accidentally forgot to mention to my wife that I purchased these things...well, she'll find out when they get here. :ph34r:

Yeah, that exchange rate sucks big time, I remember back when I first got to Japan, the highest the dollar went for was 121 yen. I accidentally forgot to mention to my wife that I purchased these things...well, she'll find out when they get here. :ph34r:

dig her closet, you might find clothing and diamonds in surprise.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone here has problem logging in to OD new website? I have opened order placed before in their old website and I can see my order there, but when i tried to log in OD new web site, I get kicked out. Invalid login name.

Anyone here has problem logging in to OD new website? I have opened order placed before in their old website and I can see my order there, but when i tried to log in OD new web site, I get kicked out. Invalid login name.

i think they erased everyone from their DB, i have ordered in the past and my account did not work

You have to create a new account :ph34r:

I'm in the same boat with OD but I find it hard to believe all the old accounts are just gone. Maybe they'll make you create a new account but there's still a lot of old order information in with the old accounts. At least this doesn't look to be another Amenbo situation.

i think they erased everyone from their DB, i have ordered in the past and my account did not work

Then how do they keep track with opened orders?

You have to create a new account :ph34r:

It's not a problem to create new account, but my question is my opened order, 1/60 GBP-1S VF-1J to be specific, was preordered back in Sep and paid full amount. How am I gonna know they still keep track with that. I have thrown them email and guess it's the waiting game comes after.

Then how do they keep track with opened orders?

It's not a problem to create new account, but my question is my opened order, 1/60 GBP-1S VF-1J to be specific, was preordered back in Sep and paid full amount. How am I gonna know they still keep track with that. I have thrown them email and guess it's the waiting game comes after.

The same happened to me, I had to create a new account and let them know (info@over-drive-inc.com) I had an open order. Today I couldn't log in, it's possible they're migrating all the DB?

When I noticed my account was gone (they no longer accept free email accounts) I created a new one and contacted them (worked faster for me) ^_^

From their Webmall policies:

"OverDrive Web Mall currently serves 90 countries worldwide, however, we do not accept orders from free e-mail addresses. There could be cases where order acceptance may have to be confirmed at descretion of company management."

If you had an account based on a free mail service I think they should honor it. I created a new account from the moment I read this new policy. They migrated my order to the new account.

"OverDrive Web Mall currently serves 90 countries worldwide, however, we do not accept orders from free e-mail addresses.

That's actually ridiculous.

I have one email account that is not "free" - true...although...I paid for it once as part of my website and don't have to pay more than just hosting fees for it annually now...

But...

My paypal account is tied to my free gmail email account so... :)

will they not take payments from paypal accounts tied to free email? :lol:

Must be a typo or something...

I've never heard of something this whacky....

not that I've ever used their services - but still...just lurking in this thread and reading that made me go :huh:

Pete

I too am in the same boat as Vi-RS. I pre-ordered and paid in full for the M&M VF-22s and have been trying to contact them for about a week now since I noticed that they moved their website. No response after a couple inquiries through the website and emails. I will try to call them since I'm in Guam so Japan is 1 hour behind where I am. I am giving them another week to respond before I start a dispute with Paypal and AMEX.

I have yet to use OD and it seems that for right now I will

stay away . HLJ has been ok for the most part though

i don't like not being able to add in stock items together

after getting a payment request . When a package / items

have yet to be paid for and So all they have to do is put

them all together in to one box.

amiami now offers sal registered shipping for packages within

size and wait limiit and EMS if it exceeds that limit. I have placed

several orders with them in the last month and have been very pleased.

Now HLJ still gets my business with free shipping or significant

sales. I use both right now. A majority of pre- order items cost less at

amiami so I compare prices. I still use BBTS as well . it just depends.

below is the english version of AmiAmi since they now ship to the US

http://www.amiami.com/shop?set=english

Just FYI Overdrive updated my very old pre order of the VF-1J to "processing". So anyone worried about orders in the old system should breath a sigh of relief as I am sure you will all be getting notifications soon too.

I've been using Amiami a fair bit but you can pretty much forget about SAL for any reasonable sized item. Standard respose always seems to be "Package too big for SAL". Even so their discount prices and solid service have them as my new favourite for the moment.