WHAT'S CURRENTLY SHIPPING OR SHIPPING ISSUES...

pondo

Woot! My VF-1D arrived today! Holy Cow! Shipped out on the 23rd, arrived today on the 25th! Well, HLJ.com has a new fan!

I filed a dispute with Paypal regarding Overdrive. Today, I go to check my account and noticed some new activity. Looks like they refunded all but $8 of my $206. Either they had phantom merchandise and didn't detect it until I placed an order or they figured I was more trouble than I'm worth.

Still, I'm wondering why they're trying to keep $8? <_<

Holy crap, where do you live? Mine went out the 23rd and it's still STUCK in customs.

I filed a dispute with Paypal regarding Overdrive. Today, I go to check my account and noticed some new activity. Looks like they refunded all but $8 of my $206. Either they had phantom merchandise and didn't detect it until I placed an order or they figured I was more trouble than I'm worth.

I stopped doing business with Overdrive a while ago for this very same reason. Two separate orders were "completely ignored" (for lack of a better term) by Overdrive after getting my money. The first was for a GPB-1S/Hikaru VF-1J. I paid around $230 for it and after many weeks, I still hadn't gotten any shipping notice. No responses to my emails, no updates to my order history, no nothing. I finally contacted Paypal to get a refund...and miraculously, Overdrive responded to the refund request. In good faith, I ordered a much cheaper item a few months later...a Revoltech Queen's Blade figure. Not nearly as expensive as a Yamato VF-1, but nonetheless I met with the same "thanks for your money, but we'll get around to your order sometime before the end of the decade" lack of response. Twice burned, I'll never order from Overdrive again.

I have no idea what's happened with that particular online store. Many others here on MW have had no problems whatsoever with Overdrive, while others of us have only gotten horrible customer service (if by CS, I mean a complete lack of it).

Woot! My VF-1D arrived today! Holy Cow! Shipped out on the 23rd, arrived today on the 25th! Well, HLJ.com has a new fan!

Well, at least you got most of your money back.

Man, to think I actually had plans to buy that FAST pack set from OD last month. Turns out that they only accept customers who register using paid email accounts, which I didn't have. Whaddaya know? In the end, it was a blessing in disguise.

Yeah, they're on my sh!t list.

Now HLJ.com...damn! I now know why people cry...for joy! I got notifications every step of the way. Everything shipped out quickly. Kudos to FedEx for installing space fold drives on their cargo planes! :lol:

If every order from HLJ.com is gonna be like this, they got as a customer 4 life! Now...hopefully they'll get some more VE-1's in. I sorta missed that boat. :(

Edited by Damaramu

I stopped doing business with Overdrive a while ago for this very same reason. Two separate orders were "completely ignored" (for lack of a better term) by Overdrive after getting my money. The first was for a GPB-1S/Hikaru VF-1J. I paid around $230 for it and after many weeks, I still hadn't gotten any shipping notice. No responses to my emails, no updates to my order history, no nothing. I finally contacted Paypal to get a refund...and miraculously, Overdrive responded to the refund request. In good faith, I ordered a much cheaper item a few months later...a Revoltech Queen's Blade figure. Not nearly as expensive as a Yamato VF-1, but nonetheless I met with the same "thanks for your money, but we'll get around to your order sometime before the end of the decade" lack of response. Twice burned, I'll never order from Overdrive again.

I have no idea what's happened with that particular online store. Many others here on MW have had no problems whatsoever with Overdrive, while others of us have only gotten horrible customer service (if by CS, I mean a complete lack of it).

Well, at least you got most of your money back.

Man, to think I actually had plans to buy that FAST pack set from OD last month. Turns out that they only accept customers who register using paid email accounts, which I didn't have. Whaddaya know? In the end, it was a blessing in disguise.

And it turns even more interesting. Overdrive deleted my customer account on their site. So I escalated the dispute to a claim. Can we add online sellers like this to the blacklist? These guys are operating like swindlers.

Here's what I wrote:

In accordance to their website policy, I have attempted to contact them numerous times over a span of a week to no avail. I have opened a dispute here against OverDrive Inc due to their lack of communication and most importantly for NOT sending the product I paid for. NOW, they have deleted my customer account on their website. OverDrive Inc fraudulently sold me non-existent product, gave me a bogus EMS tracking number, would not communicate with me, and did not ship me anything. They deleted my customer account at their website without attempting to resolve the situation. Bottom line, I want a refund for the ENTIRE amount I paid them.

Unfortunately, they have 20 days to respond to this. Think they will? I seriously doubt it. I'm considering just having my bank do a chargeback. I will never deal with Overdrive again, and will definitely NOT recommend them to my friends.

And it turns even more interesting. Overdrive deleted my customer account on their site. So I escalated the dispute to a claim. Can we add online sellers like this to the blacklist? These guys are operating like swindlers.

Here's what I wrote:

Unfortunately, they have 20 days to respond to this. Think they will? I seriously doubt it. I'm considering just having my bank do a chargeback. I will never deal with Overdrive again, and will definitely NOT recommend them to my friends.

That is so messed up in so many ways. If they keep up with this kind of thuggish business tactics, sooner or later, they'll run out of customers.

I hope you get your money back, man.

That is so messed up in so many ways. If they keep up with this kind of thuggish business tactics, sooner or later, they'll run out of customers.

I hope you get your money back, man.

Oh, definitely getting my money back. I had my credit union do a chargeback. B))

UPDATE:

So I check my work email this morning and saw that I FINALLY got a response from Overdrive. Turns out, yup, my emails were going straight into a spam folder. They checked their records and oops, they did indeed send me the wrong EMS tracking number.

So I check the correct number they gave me and....the package containing the statues (yeah, they had all three!) was sent out on the 17th, and arrived back on the 19th! Apparently, they postman tried delivering it on 19th but I wasn't here (my shipping address is my work address) and didn't bother to leave a delivery notice. I didn't find out about it until today!

Sooooo, today I picked up my package at the post office and this is what I found inside:

figurines.jpg

And my bonus items?

towels.jpg

So yeah, I'm happy I finally got everything, but the email and tracking number snafu has really left a bad taste in my mouth. <_<

Great to hear that you've received your shipment after all! BTW, love that Klan fig and those tee shirts!

Thanks! I'm glad everything worked out in the end as well. Although, I think I'm probably still banned from the site or what have you. :ph34r:

Those are actually some kind of towels, like microfiber sports towels or something. Quite cool, actually! B))

Thanks! I'm glad everything worked out in the end as well. Although, I think I'm probably still banned from the site or what have you. :ph34r:

Those are actually some kind of towels, like microfiber sports towels or something. Quite cool, actually! B))

Maybe if you explained to them that it was some kind of misunderstanding, they might make an exception for a loyal customer. No harm in trying. Besides, it that their wacked up email service and that snafu with the tracking number that caused all this to happen.

Yeah, I also bit on the VF-1D from the HLJ sale.

Now, what's this exploding legs syndrome? I have yet to transform mine (displayed in fighter mode atm) :unsure:

Maybe if you explained to them that it was some kind of misunderstanding, they might make an exception for a loyal customer. No harm in trying. Besides, it that their wacked up email service and that snafu with the tracking number that caused all this to happen.

That is true. I'm the "victim" in this case. They dropped the ball entirely in this deal. <_<

There is nothing wrong with the VF-1D, it's been out for a year and no problem was reported ever since until you guys brought it up.

The VF-1D has a certain level of tightness in the intake area when I got mine too, both of them even though I got them from different source at different time. It's tight, but if you angle the intake properly then it will pop out without any problem. You just have to be very careful and angle the intake the right way.

I reckcon the tightness was due to the paint, they might have double sprayed the white diecast part part from white/gray to beige color so the paint is a bit thick.

Once you pop the intake off, you can either file down the tab on intake or the slot in the diecast piece.

I think you're continuing to miss the point they're making about the recent batch. Just because the ones you bought in the past don't have any issues does not mean issues will not develop in the future, and this is what they are concerned with.

THE MOST RECENT RE-RELEASE VF-1D COULD BE FLAWED. Whether it's due to decaying molds, too much paint, or whatever else you can come up with, the intake tabs ARE A PROBLEM FOR MULTIPLE VF-1Ds.

Angling the intake just right and filing down the tab will not help jack squat if the tab breaks on the first time you pull the leg loose, which is what has been happening.

I myself noticed my intakes on my VF-1D were very tight to begin with, and it took some care to pop them loose. If the molds for the intakes have degraded, those tabs could have gotten bigger over time, which would explain this issue.

I think you're continuing to miss the point they're making about the recent batch. Just because the ones you bought in the past don't have any issues does not mean issues will not develop in the future, and this is what they are concerned with.

THE MOST RECENT RE-RELEASE VF-1D COULD BE FLAWED. Whether it's due to decaying molds, too much paint, or whatever else you can come up with, the intake tabs ARE A PROBLEM FOR MULTIPLE VF-1Ds.

Angling the intake just right and filing down the tab will not help jack squat if the tab breaks on the first time you pull the leg loose, which is what has been happening.

I myself noticed my intakes on my VF-1D were very tight to begin with, and it took some care to pop them loose. If the molds for the intakes have degraded, those tabs could have gotten bigger over time, which would explain this issue.

I didn't know the VF-1D has been re-released by Yamato, is it an updated new crotch system?

The only re-released V2 I know was Hikaru and Roy VF-1s ann box versions, Armored VF-1J, soon the Max TV VF-1A, Kakizake TV-1A and CF 1A.

The first VF-1D I got was immediately when it was released last year, the 2nd one was 2 months ago. Both have the old crotchs, both have tight intakes.

I won't make that kinda assumption that just because couple VF-1D owners, say 10, has problem with VF-1D, the VF-1D is from separate release from another production.

I won't make that kinda assumption that it's flawed unless I can measure the thickness of the tabs and slots precisely and compare it with other V2 side by side to prove it's flawed with different sizes.

I won't make that kinda assumption that the mold has been degraded unless I can show the parts from VF-1D and put it side by side with other V2 in picture to point out the difference.

I won't even make a rant unless I have pictures and proof of above mentioned. Just my 2 cents.

That's all well and good, but that's not my point. Just because you have not witnessed an issue personally does not mean it doesn't exist.

First off, the crotch has never been a reliable indicator of release date as far as I know. I have early releases with it, and recent releases without it. The crotch fix hasn't been consistently implemented.

No one is asking you to make assumptions. You've already stated that you don't have any problem with the VF-1D, and neither do I. But this does not change the fact that some people DO have problems with them, regardless of what the ultimate cause of the problem is. It could be molding problems, it could be too much paint, it could even be clumsy people on the assembly line mashing the pegs up.

In any case, HLJ has been shipping replacement legs out, so it's at least fixable. I just hope we don't see any more reports like this. If it is a molding problem, that doesn't bode well for any more V.2 reissues.

Now, this whole topic should probably be moved to the other discussions on this subject so we can get back to drooling over the stuff we've ordered. happy.gif

In my case, I'm picking up my VF-0S after work today, so I'll have a fresh report on how the new reissue stock compares to the old VF-0A. biggrin.gif

Edited by Chronocidal

Decided to take a break from Valks for a little while. I saw MasterPiece Starscream and Skywarp on sale at BBTS last week and finally broke down and bought them.^_^

That's all well and good, but that's not my point. Just because you have not witnessed an issue personally does not mean it doesn't exist.

First off, the crotch has never been a reliable indicator of release date as far as I know. I have early releases with it, and recent releases without it. The crotch fix hasn't been consistently implemented.

No one is asking you to make assumptions. You've already stated that you don't have any problem with the VF-1D, and neither do I. But this does not change the fact that some people DO have problems with them, regardless of what the ultimate cause of the problem is. It could be molding problems, it could be too much paint, it could even be clumsy people on the assembly line mashing the pegs up.

In any case, HLJ has been shipping replacement legs out, so it's at least fixable. I just hope we don't see any more reports like this. If it is a molding problem, that doesn't bode well for any more V.2 reissues.

Now, this whole topic should probably be moved to the other discussions on this subject so we can get back to drooling over the stuff we've ordered. happy.gif

In my case, I'm picking up my VF-0S after work today, so I'll have a fresh report on how the new reissue stock compares to the old VF-0A. biggrin.gif

Unfortunately you are the one that make all the assumptions.

You can't tell the old system is old stock or re-release since it's inconsistent (I agree), but you conclude that the VF-1D is re-released, how so?

Yup, you can make assumption that it's a mold defect, paint defect, etc..... but pictures please. Why and how so?

The only reason that we are discussing this issue in this thread is people get panic and making rant everywhere to begin with. I am glad that yours and mine work out well, but I did not deny the fact that there are people out there having problem to unplug the intake. What they should do is inspecting the tabs, measure the diameter of the tabs, do comparison with other V2 that has no problem to find out why.

If there is defects, what percentage are we talking about? 5 out of 500 copies produced?

I'm not saying it's re-released, what I'm saying is that these VF-1Ds are ones that came out of the mold later. Whether they're called a "re-release" or not, they're from later production runs. The longer you produce things out of the same mold, the more problems those molds are going to have.

HLJ has run out of stock of the VF-1D several times, and has been restocked. Call it an assumption if you like, but unless Yamato is sending out restocks in an order that doesn't match the production order, the ones people bought recently came out of the molds later than the previous restocks did. That puts mold degradation high on the list of probable causes for this problem. We've already seen this happen with Yamato on other toys over time, so it's by no means a stretch to think it could happen again.

I would agree with the measuring the tabs, although according to what's been said, they might be pre-damaged from the factory assembly. Someone mentioned that when they finally managed to pry their intakes loose, they noticed the tabs were misshapen, as if they had been forced into a hole that was too small. Some pictures of those tabs would be very helpful for comparison.

I don't want to start a panic either, but I guess my thought is that the last time we panicked, it had a good effect, and Yamato took notice. In the end, we got a nice batch of shiny new shoulder hinges, and Yamato redoubled their efforts to make sure the shoulders were assembled with the right parts. It might not be anything they can fix this time around, but it would be nice to hear an official word from them about what causes this issue.

At the very least, they might amend their instructions to change how it says to detach the intakes, or add a warning to mention how the tabs can break if handled too roughly.

In the meantime, I'd say if the intakes don't disengage easily by the normal method, the best course is to lift up the chest plate, and use some tool to push the intake tabs down from above. It may take some disassembly to get at them, I haven't tried it myself. Once they're out, filing down either the tabs or the inside edges of the holes should help a lot.

Also, for those afraid of filing the tabs too much and making the intakes loose, remember they're still held on by the underside clips, which should be plenty (gerwalk might be a little floppy, but fighter should hold fine from the other tabs). And if you make them too small, remember, you can always beef the tabs back up again with something like a thick superglue that you can sand to shape once it dries. It might take some trial and error, but you can make it work. :)

Got it, and while it's not perfect, it's a huge improvement over the old releases in a few ways.

I'll put the overall comparison in that other VF-0 topic that was started. There are still some problems, but after some serious surgery, I might know how to correct some of the lingering issues.

Did anyone's tv vf-1s ship yet? Preordered mine from amiami a while ago but So far no dice and June is over

Amiami seems to have completely removed all record of any of my pre-orders there. Three of them no longer seem to exist.

I'm not saying it's re-released, what I'm saying is that these VF-1Ds are ones that came out of the mold later. Whether they're called a "re-release" or not, they're from later production runs. The longer you produce things out of the same mold, the more problems those molds are going to have.

HLJ has run out of stock of the VF-1D several times, and has been restocked. Call it an assumption if you like, but unless Yamato is sending out restocks in an order that doesn't match the production order, the ones people bought recently came out of the molds later than the previous restocks did. That puts mold degradation high on the list of probable causes for this problem. We've already seen this happen with Yamato on other toys over time, so it's by no means a stretch to think it could happen again.

Just because HLJ restocked them several times, it doesn't mean Yamato filled HLJ's orders with severals different productions batch in China.

Distributor restock <> production run

nope, well as far as me goes. haven't received a payment request for it yet. kinda sucks coz i won't be able to make the additional 15% off sale they had that ended yesterday.

I received my payment request at 3am this morning - Australian time. I noticed that they gave me the 15% off shipping which was a nice surprise.

Can't wait to get a look at these TV VF-1S's .....

weird, still haven't gotten my payment request... hope to get it soon, can't wait for focker!

Not sure if it makes a difference but I received my order confirmation on the 20th of April, maybe they work through the list by date?

Hope you get yours soon.....