WHAT'S CURRENTLY SHIPPING OR SHIPPING ISSUES...

pondo

Okay, this is really starting to aggravate me.

On Sunday, I got a shipping confirmation from HLJ that my MP Convoy has left the warehouse. Now when I checked the FED-EX tracking system to see when it will arrive, here's what I found:

Mar 27, 2011 10:05 AM - Shipment information sent to FedEx

Mar 28, 2011 12:06 PM - Picked up - SANO-SHI JP

Mar 28, 2011 5:01 PM - Left FedEx origin facility - SANO-SHI JP

Mar 28, 2011 9:25 PM - In transit - NARITA-SHI JP

Mar 28, 2011 9:00 PM - In transit - SEPANG MY - paperwork available

Mar 28, 2011 10:10 PM - In transit - NARITA-SHI JP

Mar 29, 2011 1:49 AM - Arrived at FedEx Location - GUANGZHOU CN

Mar 29, 2011 2:08 AM - In transit - GUANGZHOU CN

WTF?!

Notice the location marked in red. It ARRIVED at Malaysia [which is where I'm at], and then WENT BACK to Japan, and then detoured to frickin' Guangzhou China?!

I hope I don't sound like a complete idiot, but is this normal for FedEx? Or did the guys at HLJ attach the wrong damn address to my shipment [the shipping notice they sent me was the correct one]?

Admittedly, I almost never use FedEx due to the price and am not familiar with their shipping process. I prefer EMS, which always sends the package straight to its destination without "detours" of any kind.

And in the event that this IS a mistake, do I contact HLJ or FedEx?

EDIT: On second thought, maybe the chart meant that FedEx was contacting the customs office over here about the shipment. Couldn't possibly have arrived at Malaysia in a mere 25 minutes.

Damn, I really feel like a moron for posting this. No, actually I blame the chart for misleading me...yeah, that's right. :lol:

Really gotta lay off the "5 cups of coffee a day" habit... :wacko:

I'm more inclined to believe it's a mistake from FedEx. Funny enough the one time i ever used FedEx intead of SAL or other standard services it took over a month for the package to get to me, instead of the more usual 2 weeks in SAL. Anyway, hope you get Convoy (Optimus Prime?) soon. I hope to buy the new Dual Model Optimus and Bumblebee when they come out. :D Good luck.

I really hope your oder is coming in time man.

Sometimes I got nervous too when I check the online tracker that my order is already reached local post office, but somehow they haven't deliver it to me for 3 days.

Turned out the postman was sick and nobody was replacing him LOL

Btw do you live in KL? Sometimes I browse around XLS online store. They got a lot of Valks eh? better than any store in Jakarta ^_^

Been thinking of buying from that store but the shipping cost somehow a bit expensive :(

Edited by closetgeek

I'm more inclined to believe it's a mistake from FedEx. Funny enough the one time i ever used FedEx intead of SAL or other standard services it took over a month for the package to get to me, instead of the more usual 2 weeks in SAL. Anyway, hope you get Convoy (Optimus Prime?) soon. I hope to buy the new Dual Model Optimus and Bumblebee when they come out. :D Good luck.

Thanks for the well wishes, man.

BTW, is the Dual Model Optimus similar in size to the ROTF leader class Optimus. The only obvious difference I can see between Optimus' ROTF form and his DOTM one [besides the addition of a trailer] is the slight modification to his "abs." Since I most pose my Transformers in bot mode, I'm planning on getting the model kit and displaying him next to the ROTF leader class fig.

Would have loved to buy a fully-transformable DOTM leader class Optimus, but Hasbro seems to have seriously dumbed down the toyline for DOTM, resulting a supreme and voyager class Optimus that look too childish and simplistic. No news of a leader class DOTM Optimus, either.

So, does the Dual Model Optimus scale in with ROTF leader Optimus?

I really hope your oder is coming in time man.

Sometimes I got nervous too when I check the online tracker that my order is already reached local post office, but somehow they haven't deliver it to me for 3 days.

Turned out the postman was sick and nobody was replacing him LOL

Btw do you live in KL? Sometimes I browse around XLS online store. They got a lot of Valks eh? better than any store in Jakarta ^_^

Been thinking of buying from that store but the shipping cost somehow a bit expensive :(

Yeah, XL is pretty much the dominant franchise here, as far as hobby stores are concerned. They only sell Japanese items, though, which leaves a small niche for other smaller stores.

As for their selection of Valks, yeah, they DO bring in a wide selection of them. Sell out real quick, too. Most of us have to preorder to make sure we get one when it arrives.

But if there's one thing I DO recommend you buy from XL, it's Hot Toys 1/6th scale figures. You won't believe the mark-up of the price if you buy one from an online Japanese store. I think it has something to do with the exchange rates and the fact that the stock has to be shipped from HK to Japan and then to you.

Just got my Hobby Link order and only waited about 5 days after order confirmation. Such awesome service! Now, my only dilemma is: Do I keep them MISB or open them?

Good to hear. BTW, did you ship via SAL, EMS or FEDEX? As for leaving your stuff MISB, it's a matter of personal preference, BUT it also depends on whether your fig has any pre-installed batteries. IMO, batteries will eventually corrode if left in the figure for too long, especially when not used for long periods. Once a battery leaks fluids, you only have a limited amount of time to remove them clean up the mess before the fluid crystallizes and damages the coils that feel electricity to the electronics.

In short, if there are batteries in the figs, remove them.

Good to hear. BTW, did you ship via SAL, EMS or FEDEX? As for leaving your stuff MISB, it's a matter of personal preference, BUT it also depends on whether your fig has any pre-installed batteries. IMO, batteries will eventually corrode if left in the figure for too long, especially when not used for long periods. Once a battery leaks fluids, you only have a limited amount of time to remove them clean up the mess before the fluid crystallizes and damages the coils that feel electricity to the electronics.

In short, if there are batteries in the figs, remove them.

I used EMS shipping. Used FedEx once before and it was ok but EMS was cheaper. Got a 1/60 CF VF-1A and 1/48 Hikaru Vf-1J. Opened the CF cause I couldn't resist and I'll probably open the VF-1J cause I got the Full Armor pack MISB upstairs and I'm feeling like I gotta see it out of the box.

I used EMS shipping. Used FedEx once before and it was ok but EMS was cheaper. Got a 1/60 CF VF-1A and 1/48 Hikaru Vf-1J. Opened the CF cause I couldn't resist and I'll probably open the VF-1J cause I got the Full Armor pack MISB upstairs and I'm feeling like I gotta see it out of the box.

Yeah, while FedEx is noticeably faster than EMS and MUCH faster than SAL, its also more expensive. In any case, I just received my MP-1L Convoy [yipeee! :lol: ]. Got taxed for the fig though, which makes me a little suspicious. Thing is, the local customs office only taxes anything that's priced over 500 [local dollars aka RM], and my shipment is only about 450 at most plus shipping. You see, I got away with tax-free shipments before with items well over that threshold using EMS. WTF?

Or maybe it's the weight of the fig. That thing is mostly die-cast metal, and can weigh up to 4 lbs.

I might want to stay away from FedEx from now on, if it's anything below the 500 [local] dollar plus shipping price range.

But for anything over that amount, I'll still have to use FedEx. This is because the customs office is about 2 to 3 hours drive from the city center, and it's a major hassle to go there to claim the item. FedEx pays the taxes for you at customs and claims the money from you when the item arrives, which is far more convenient.

BTW, if its Yamato Valks you were talking about, then I strongly suggest opening them up. These babies are too beautifully crafted to be cramped in a box. The beauty of a transformable toy is its ability to become two, or in this case, three different display pieces at a time.

Set them free, and feast your eyes! ;)

Edited by GU-11

that's fast man, good to hear ;)

you got it shipped on 27 and received the item on 30?

nice!

I also got problem with custom duty. Even worst here, item value plus shipping that exceed 50 usd will be taxed.

Gotta do the trick for this most of the time :lol:

that's fast man, good to hear ;)

you got it shipped on 27 and received the item on 30?

nice!

I also got problem with custom duty. Even worst here, item value plus shipping that exceed 50 usd will be taxed.

Gotta do the trick for this most of the time :lol:

50 USD threshold?! Man, that's harsh on the wallet.

BTW, this is probably the fastest delivery time for HLJ. The last time I shipped via FedEx for my YF-19, it took around four to five days from the moment I placed the order.

Just ordered VF-1A Hayao Kakizaki TV Ver and VF-1D trainer, can't wait get them lining up with the rest of my collection ^_^

Nice buys. The VF-1D looks awesome with Roy's VF-1S.

how much did u get for the VF-0S incl shipping?

i visited a local store today that has VF-0S with a ghost booster, for 275 usd.

no intention on buying though, no budget.

Edited by closetgeek

Just paid for my last order with HLJ. Two items, both on substantial discounts, but the savings were completely wiped out by having them arbitrarily bumped to EMS. <_<

With today's pathetic Dollar/Yen exchange rate and the price of fuel (shipping) it's getting to be prohibitively expensive to continue with this collecting hobby. I wish it weren't so but I'm getting seriously priced out of this market, and with so many cool stuff getting release too... I guess I'll just have to be a lot more selective in the future and wait for the stars to line up for a killer sales price on the items I want in conjunction with shipping discounts offered sporadically. :(

-- end of rant --

Just paid for my last order with HLJ. Two items, both on substantial discounts, but the savings were completely wiped out by having them arbitrarily bumped to EMS. <_<

-- end of rant --

Is this due to the combined weight?

Is this due to the combined weight?

Of that I'm not sure. One MegaHouse Armored Klan Klang PVC figure and one MG ReZEL. Regardless of the reason it still sucks as the shipping cost was almost as much as the PVC item... the items come out a bit cheaper than getting them individually and at full price, and EMS means I'll get them faster, but the sticker shock was still palpable.

Of that I'm not sure. One MegaHouse Armored Klan Klang PVC figure and one MG ReZEL. Regardless of the reason it still sucks as the shipping cost was almost as much as the PVC item... the items come out a bit cheaper than getting them individually and at full price, and EMS means I'll get them faster, but the sticker shock was still palpable.

I feel ya mate. Think anything above ~2kg goes straight to EMS. The KlanKLang doesn't even give me a SAL option here in OZ.

Thanks for the well wishes, man.

BTW, is the Dual Model Optimus similar in size to the ROTF leader class Optimus. The only obvious difference I can see between Optimus' ROTF form and his DOTM one [besides the addition of a trailer] is the slight modification to his "abs." Since I most pose my Transformers in bot mode, I'm planning on getting the model kit and displaying him next to the ROTF leader class fig.

Would have loved to buy a fully-transformable DOTM leader class Optimus, but Hasbro seems to have seriously dumbed down the toyline for DOTM, resulting a supreme and voyager class Optimus that look too childish and simplistic. No news of a leader class DOTM Optimus, either.

So, does the Dual Model Optimus scale in with ROTF leader Optimus?

The scale of the models is 1/35, according to some sites this puts Optimus at 240 millimeters, approximately 9.4 inches tall, wich is about the same size as the RoTF Leader Class Prime. Bumblebee is 120 millimeters, approximately 5.5 inches tall. Hope that helps.

I agree about the DotM toys, Sentinel Prime looks good but the rest are either too simplistic or just not different enough to warrant a new purchase. Now, a few more in this Dual Model Kit series, all in the same scale... that would be awesome. What i've been wishing since the first movie came out. :D

The scale of the models is 1/35, according to some sites this puts Optimus at 240 millimeters, approximately 9.4 inches tall, wich is about the same size as the RoTF Leader Class Prime. Bumblebee is 120 millimeters, approximately 5.5 inches tall. Hope that helps.

I agree about the DotM toys, Sentinel Prime looks good but the rest are either too simplistic or just not different enough to warrant a new purchase. Now, a few more in this Dual Model Kit series, all in the same scale... that would be awesome. What i've been wishing since the first movie came out. :D

Thanks for the info, Westfall! The ROTF leader class Optimus is about less than an inch taller [somewhere around 10 inches]. The difference can be easily camouflaged when posed. I'll definitely be getting the model kit.

And yeah, in-scale dual model kits of the whole cast would be awesome! IMO, the lack of scale in Transformers can really be a problem for us adult collectors. While the different classes like deluxe, voyager, leader and supreme DO lend a decent semblance of scale, the way Hasbro chooses to place certain characters in certain classes [ie. popularity and screen time] pretty much defeats that. Hence, we have leader class Bumblebees and deluxe class Bonecrushers.

And don't get me started with the Arcee sisters.

Getting OT, but I made this pic myself. It's movie Starscream and Prime to scale, in vehicle mode.

Yeah, there's absolutely no way Prime and Starscream could ever be of equal size in bot mode when the size of their vehicle modes differ by that much.

So much for Bay and his insistence on mass-shifting accuracy.

So I ordered a Megahouse armored Klan from HLJ on April 11, and about half an hour later I ordered a different figure from AmiAmi. My order from AmiAmi arrived yesterday afternoon (a day earlier than I expected), while HLJ still hasn't even shipped my package. :wacko:

Getting OT, but I made this pic myself. It's movie Starscream and Prime to scale, in vehicle mode.

WOW, thanks for posting this! I kinda knew that an F-22 was probably bigger than a truck, but I never would have guessed the difference to have been this big!

At that point, Optimus would be more like a minicon rather than the full on leader of the Autobots :lol:

Sorry for the off topic reply....getting back on topic now :)

• 2 weeks later...

should i be worried.. my package/order from HLJ still in ITEMS IN PROCESS FOR SHIPPING status for 1 1/2 weeks now.

i email them 4 times, on my first email they replied that they are busy fixin up things, server, work delays, overtime issues..

and now its been 12 days and still it isnt moving.. they already charged me on my paypal account.

is this normal?

should i be worried.. my package/order from HLJ still in ITEMS IN PROCESS FOR SHIPPING status for 1 1/2 weeks now.

i email them 4 times, on my first email they replied that they are busy fixin up things, server, work delays, overtime issues..

and now its been 12 days and still it isnt moving.. they already charged me on my paypal account.

is this normal?

yeah, they've been a little slower than usual lately. My last order took about 10 days before it shipped out, depending on how the weekends fall I wouldn't find 12 days outrageously long. I'd say give it till the end of the week at least before you should start to worry.

The fastest order to shipping process I've had was with Mandarake Nakano - ordered, invoiced and paid within a day last Saturday, and shipped on Sunday.

:huh:

I don't think I've very had them process an order/ship something out over a weekend.