WHAT'S CURRENTLY SHIPPING OR SHIPPING ISSUES...

pondo

Did you get the order confirmation mail from HLJ? If you got it before the 1J was discontinued it's yours if not you will receive a mail from HLJ apologizing for an out of stock item. (this happened me once)

You can also check your account in HLJ, check if you order is already in process.

I am not sure whether I received the order confirmation before/after HLJ changed the status to "discontinued", and I have not received any mail saying that I won't receive the item. Hope that my order would be the last batch before they run out of stock...

Good to see that HLJ is its usual useless self :angry:

Haven't ordered anything from them for ages as I've found a far better supplier but they didn't have some decals I was after so I ordered them from HLJ. All were in stock when I ordered but one ended up being out of stock by the time it showed up in my account. I cancelled the out of stock item and waited for a payment advise. After waiting a few days with no advise, I logged in and there was the good old "we can't do anything till you pay for this order" screen.

I paid with PayPal. Got an acknowledgement from PP and one from HLJ. A day later I get a Please pay for this order email from HLJ. I email them saying that I've already paid for it. Get a reply saying oh yes our mistake and we will dispatch the order straight away. 5 days later I get a shipping advise email :rolleyes:

Thank you very much for shopping with HLJ! <_<

Edited by thegunny

I don't wanna defend HLJ or anything, but i've bought items from them for the past 10 years without any real problems.

Yes their site is a mess after the last upgrade, some searches just give you everything except what you actually search and yes their ordering system is not in realtime linked to their inventory and yes SAL can take a bit longer during the end of the year hollidays, but for the rest everything i ever bought with them arrived in impecable state, which i can't always say for other stores.

Yesterday my 1/60 VF-22S MAX arrived after 34 days from HLJ with SAL, it a bit long to wait, but as long as it arrives in perfect condition i don't really mind.

I don't wanna defend HLJ or anything, but i've bought items from them for the past 10 years without any real problems.

Yes their site is a mess after the last upgrade, some searches just give you everything except what you actually search and yes their ordering system is not in realtime linked to their inventory and yes SAL can take a bit longer during the end of the year hollidays, but for the rest everything i ever bought with them arrived in impecable state, which i can't always say for other stores.

Yesterday my 1/60 VF-22S MAX arrived after 34 days from HLJ with SAL, it a bit long to wait, but as long as it arrives in perfect condition i don't really mind.

I use HLJ for over 5 years... no real problem with them, fine service and nice packing.

But their shipping time is very long, why? Because they ususally take three to five days in their 'processing' stage until they start to ship the package. That is not cool.

So from ordering, confriming order, processing, shipping from Japan to Canada, and clear the custom etc..., it could takes as long as 2 weeks - even I use their EMS.

By any chance, are you from the Philippines? If you are, I suggest you check out at you local post office and inquire if there's a shipment addressed to you. Im from Cebu, Philippines and from my experience, the local post office do not deliver the shipments to us. They instead deliver us "Claim Slips", a piece of paper that tells us that we should go the the local post office and claim the shipments ourselves. And the big problem here is that the delivery guys who are supposed to give us the claim slips are real sloppy. Sometimes it can take over a month for them to deliver the claim slips when in fact, the shipment itself has already arrived a month or so earlier.

So taking this crappy government service into consideration, I always use EMS shipping for my big orders as I can keep track of their shipping status online. Once it says "Retention" Status in the EMS site, I know the shipment is already in my post office. I just get my online tracking number and claim my package at the post office without waiting for the darned "Claim Slip" from them.

Regarding HLJ however, I rate them 2nd to amiami in terms of customer service, ease of online purchasing and shipping issues. So far, I have had no issues with HLJ.

my item still not receive frm HLJ using SAL...as per date now already 46days since 1st day that HLJ inform me that my item already sent out...got 55days..i wait until march for my item..

By any chance, are you from the Philippines? If you are, I suggest you check out at you local post office and inquire if there's a shipment addressed to you. Im from Cebu, Philippines and from my experience, the local post office do not deliver the shipments to us. They instead deliver us "Claim Slips", a piece of paper that tells us that we should go the the local post office and claim the shipments ourselves. And the big problem here is that the delivery guys who are supposed to give us the claim slips are real sloppy. Sometimes it can take over a month for them to deliver the claim slips when in fact, the shipment itself has already arrived a month or so earlier.

So taking this crappy government service into consideration, I always use EMS shipping for my big orders as I can keep track of their shipping status online. Once it says "Retention" Status in the EMS site, I know the shipment is already in my post office. I just get my online tracking number and claim my package at the post office without waiting for the darned "Claim Slip" from them.

Regarding HLJ however, I rate them 2nd to amiami in terms of customer service, ease of online purchasing and shipping issues. So far, I have had no issues with HLJ.

I'm frm Malaysia..local post office here also don't do their work smoothly..some of my friend faced the same problem like me..so today i want to go to my local post office to ask them regarding my item..

Ordered a VF-0A from Ami Ami at what I thought was a cheap price....then the shipping came in....ouch! They would not SAL it. So a $90Can toy had about $50Can shipping.....:(......

Macross Zero Yamato Macross Series 1/60 Perfect Transformer VF-0A | 7,900.- | 1 | 7,900.-

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment method: PayPal

Shipping method: EMS

Shipping Fee: 4140

TOTAL: 12040JPY

Has anyone from the U.S. ordered from HK having shipping problem lately? I ordered the SDF-1 by the end of Jan, shipper shipped it on 23, the label shows that it arrives on Jan 25 in NY.... I smell something is wrong since all the packages that I received from HK or Japan, so far, should arrive in San Francisco. Sure enough, almost 3 weeks passed, it still shows in New York, getting stuck!

Called USPS, they said the item has not cleared custom meaning the item is still belongs to HK which I need to resolve this from HK side.... gosh.... this is very stressful as it is a very expensive item! I don't mind the delay, I just don't want it get lost!

Has anyone got into similar situation like mine? PM me what happened at the end and how did you resolve it?

I'm from the Philippines, and I get what you're saying about the Postal Notices. Problem is, shipping stuff to Manila via EMS is atrocious, because the EMS hub in Pasay City tacks the cost of shipping on top of the price of the item to compute for customs duties!

So its back to SAL, and when weeks or even months go by without any sign of your package, you gotta worry, since the Post Office won't lift a finger to try and locate

it unless you have a tracking number (but if you had one, you'd be going to Pasay, not your local Post Office) or a Postal Notice (but if you received one, then you wouldn't need their help in the first place!).

Has anyone ordered from toyglobe.com?

any experiences good or bad? ;)

Just ordered from bigbadtoystore.com...damn their shipping is a killer,it cost as much as the figure to send out!! :ph34r:

Edited by troyness

I'm from the Philippines, and I get what you're saying about the Postal Notices. Problem is, shipping stuff to Manila via EMS is atrocious, because the EMS hub in Pasay City tacks the cost of shipping on top of the price of the item to compute for customs duties!

So its back to SAL, and when weeks or even months go by without any sign of your package, you gotta worry, since the Post Office won't lift a finger to try and locate

it unless you have a tracking number (but if you had one, you'd be going to Pasay, not your local Post Office) or a Postal Notice (but if you received one, then you wouldn't need their help in the first place!).

Kabayan!!! Haha. It's really sad that government corruption and incompetence is getting in the way of our hobby. If you order online often, you might as well befriend the people from your post office or customs. That's what we did. We give them snacks everytime we claim our stuff. It made our life easier.

Has anyone from the U.S. ordered from HK having shipping problem lately? I ordered the SDF-1 by the end of Jan, shipper shipped it on 23, the label shows that it arrives on Jan 25 in NY.... I smell something is wrong since all the packages that I received from HK or Japan, so far, should arrive in San Francisco. Sure enough, almost 3 weeks passed, it still shows in New York, getting stuck!

Called USPS, they said the item has not cleared custom meaning the item is still belongs to HK which I need to resolve this from HK side.... gosh.... this is very stressful as it is a very expensive item! I don't mind the delay, I just don't want it get lost!

Has anyone got into similar situation like mine? PM me what happened at the end and how did you resolve it?

Miraculously, the package shows up right after I type the message above... but USPS internation tracking sucks if it is not EMS.

I use HLJ for over 5 years... no real problem with them, fine service and nice packing.

But their shipping time is very long, why? Because they ususally take three to five days in their 'processing' stage until they start to ship the package. That is not cool.

So from ordering, confriming order, processing, shipping from Japan to Canada, and clear the custom etc..., it could takes as long as 2 weeks - even I use their EMS.

That's why I don't buy from HLJ much unless I have to or they have that free or half off shipping last year. I usually do AmiAmi. They ship fast, but I have admit that their shipping cost is higher than HLJ.

I have no problem with HLJ, usually takes a week, but this time fedex f'd up, I was away yesterday for presidents day weekend and my package was here but not delivered because noone was here to sign for it, so instead of taking back to holding at my local fedex in LA, some idiot worker left it in on the truck and was sent back to Oakland, so I just checked my delivery status and it left Oakland for a second time. Sheesh

Kabayan!!! Haha. It's really sad that government corruption and incompetence is getting in the way of our hobby. If you order online often, you might as well befriend the people from your post office or customs. That's what we did. We give them snacks everytime we claim our stuff. It made our life easier.

Hah. Unfortunately, something tells me that the Post Office and Customs people in Cebu are much nicer than the ones we have here!

• 2 weeks later...

How long does it take for yesasia to ship a CD to California? I ordered a cd a week ago but wasn't home, so I'm wondering if i missed the delivery. Cuz my idiot mail man sometimes leaves my packages on the front step, which someone could steal

hlj.com is down, maybe because of the recente 8 magnitude quake and tsunami that hit japan.

good thing my order was shipped just a day before this happened.

hoping hlj offices are not affected. prayers for the affected people of japan.

I just bought the new 1/500 Space Battleship Yamato and it got shipped in the 10th too. Question now is, did it get out of the country before the disaster? Not really the most important thing right now, i know. Anyway, HLJ has posted pictures on Facebook, they're all OK but there's a lot of boxes that got tossed around, they've started the clean up but for now, they're on stand-by, business wise. Go, Japan, we're with you. :)

1 x VF-25G Tornado Pack from hobby search 17-03-2011 never ordered from them before

1 x Macross Triangle Frontier from YesAsia 16-03-2011

1 x Macross Frontier - the false songstress Blu-Ray from YesAsia 15-03-2011

that's all for now. been quite scince moving house....

First off, I apologize in advance if this isn't the right place to post this, but I couldn't find any other place in MW to post shipping issue stuff for non-Macross figs.

I dunno if its those two cups of Irish coffee I had that's gotten my nerves in a bundle, but I've just noticed something about HLJ's sudden boost in shipping speed.

I've just pre-ordered a MP Convoy "last edition" yesterday, and today morning I received an email from them saying that the payment has been received, and they're now processing my order. Since when did HLJ staff work on Saturdays?

...not that I'm complaining. The sooner my fig gets here, the better.

Edited by GU-11

From my experience of buying things from japanese online store (but not HLJ), the shipping via EMS to Indonesia took about 7 days.

I think it's the same to Malaysia. But please let me know if you got the item, I'm wondering too.

First off, I apologize in advance if this isn't the right place to post this, but I couldn't find any other place in MW to post shipping issue stuff for non-Macross figs.

I dunno if its those two cups of Irish coffee I had that's gotten my nerves in a bundle, but I've just noticed something about HLJ's sudden boost in shipping speed.

I've just pre-ordered a MP Convoy "last edition" yesterday, and today morning I received an email from them saying that the payment has been received, and they're now processing my order. Since when did HLJ staff work on Saturdays?

...not that I'm complaining. The sooner my fig gets here, the better.

If they are working saturdays, that may have to do with the fact that they're still cleaning up the mess in their warehouse and, well, "as long as we're here, let's get some work done" type of thing. As for faster shipping it may have more to do with less stuff leaving Japan, leaving more space free for HLJ items. My 1/500 Yamato was shiped on the 10th (not sure if it left the country before the disaster) and a Yamato related book last week. They've just requested payment for the May issue of Hobby Japan. So it seems business is back on track, despite everything.

Edited by westfall

Not really Macross either, but I wanted to get some replacement part from HLJ for one of my MG Gundams.

They replied, albeit with a standard mail thanking for all support because of the earthquake and so on.

Now I'm not sure they are actually processing my request or whether I should send the mail again?

Don't want to spam them, but it has been two weeks since I originally sent my request and I have not really heard back.

Anybody have the same issue, what to do?

Not really Macross either, but I wanted to get some replacement part from HLJ for one of my MG Gundams.

They replied, albeit with a standard mail thanking for all support because of the earthquake and so on.

Now I'm not sure they are actually processing my request or whether I should send the mail again?

Don't want to spam them, but it has been two weeks since I originally sent my request and I have not really heard back.

Anybody have the same issue, what to do?

The one time i had to request a missing part from HLJ they sent it free of charge after a couple of weeks. I don't recall the exact content of the email but it was along the same lines. Of course with the chaos that ensued on March 11th, things may have been backed up a bit. With that in mind, i'd wait a few more days. Though i don't think a polite email exposing your concern would be seen as spam.

HLJ is usually pretty good at getting replacement parts to you. I bought a CMs Mospeada ride armor of the red one, and the leg was broken out of the box. I emailed them, sent in pics, and they sent me a complete figure. It took sometime, but they came through for me.

As for items that are on their way to me, I have a couple ebay items coming, a Macross Frontier car decal for my G35, the Super Dimension Calvary Southern Cross "This Is Animation" book, and from HLJ, a v.2 CF 1A.

From my experience of buying things from japanese online store (but not HLJ), the shipping via EMS to Indonesia took about 7 days.

I think it's the same to Malaysia. But please let me know if you got the item, I'm wondering too.

Sure thing. If FED-EX picks up the package from HLJ within the week, I just might be able to receive it by next Sunday. Any possible delays are probably going to be due to closed roads and airstrips in Japan. Once the package makes it into the air, it should be business as usual.

If they are working saturdays, that may have to do with the fact that they're still cleaning up the mess in their warehouse and, well, "as long as we're here, let's get some work done" type of thing. As for faster shipping it may have more to do with less stuff leaving Japan, leaving more space free for HLJ items. My 1/500 Yamato was shiped on the 10th (not sure if it left the country before the disaster) and a Yamato related book last week. They've just requested payment for the May issue of Hobby Japan. So it seems business is back on track, despite everything.

Makes sense. I was pretty surprised to see them sending an "order processing" email on Saturday morning; in fact, I thought it might have been a computer glitch.

From the news I read at their site, HLJ seems to had come out pretty much unscathed, which is good to hear, and it's more a matter of putting stuff back on shelves.

Okay, this is really starting to aggravate me.

On Sunday, I got a shipping confirmation from HLJ that my MP Convoy has left the warehouse. Now when I checked the FED-EX tracking system to see when it will arrive, here's what I found:

Mar 27, 2011 10:05 AM - Shipment information sent to FedEx

Mar 28, 2011 12:06 PM - Picked up - SANO-SHI JP

Mar 28, 2011 5:01 PM - Left FedEx origin facility - SANO-SHI JP

Mar 28, 2011 9:25 PM - In transit - NARITA-SHI JP

Mar 28, 2011 9:00 PM - In transit - SEPANG MY - paperwork available

Mar 28, 2011 10:10 PM - In transit - NARITA-SHI JP

Mar 29, 2011 1:49 AM - Arrived at FedEx Location - GUANGZHOU CN

Mar 29, 2011 2:08 AM - In transit - GUANGZHOU CN

WTF?!

Notice the location marked in red. It ARRIVED at Malaysia [which is where I'm at], and then WENT BACK to Japan, and then detoured to frickin' Guangzhou China?!

I hope I don't sound like a complete idiot, but is this normal for FedEx? Or did the guys at HLJ attach the wrong damn address to my shipment [the shipping notice they sent me was the correct one]?

Admittedly, I almost never use FedEx due to the price and am not familiar with their shipping process. I prefer EMS, which always sends the package straight to its destination without "detours" of any kind.

And in the event that this IS a mistake, do I contact HLJ or FedEx?

EDIT: On second thought, maybe the chart meant that FedEx was contacting the customs office over here about the shipment. Couldn't possibly have arrived at Malaysia in a mere 25 minutes.

Damn, I really feel like a moron for posting this. No, actually I blame the chart for misleading me...yeah, that's right. :lol:

Really gotta lay off the "5 cups of coffee a day" habit... :wacko:

Edited by GU-11