WHAT'S CURRENTLY SHIPPING OR SHIPPING ISSUES...

pondo

I went a little crazy...

I have the Yamato Macross Plus 1/60 triad in the mail (as well as fold and fast packs) as well as a 1/60 VF-1S Roy PLUS.

Holy crap, you could put your kid through college with that! :lol:

Now I'm guessing you're either living in the US or a country that doesn't impose import/customs taxes on hobby items, because if you're living where I'm at, you'd be taxed to kingdom come... :ph34r:

The only time when I'm safe from taxes is when the price of the item plus shipping is under 160 USD thanks to the tax-free threshold; so anything more costly than a 1/60 VF-1 risks getting taxed.

Holy crap, you could put your kid through college with that! :lol:

Now I'm guessing you're either living in the US or a country that doesn't impose import/customs taxes on hobby items, because if you're living where I'm at, you'd be taxed to kingdom come... :ph34r:

The only time when I'm safe from taxes is when the price of the item plus shipping is under 160 USD thanks to the tax-free threshold; so anything more costly than a 1/60 VF-1 risks getting taxed.

I wish the university I went to was that cheap. I don't know about taxed to kingdom come, 5% is the most I will have to pay (which I suppose does add up with the multiple purchases).

I am having to set some limits for myself, no DX chogokin for me, no Zero stuff (even though the SV-51 looks awesome, but then I would need a VF-0 with ghost booster and you can see the road that leads down), and no Mac 7 stuff (won't be a problem). A 1/60 VF-1J GBP may still be in my future though.

In a few years if bandai reissues the DX stuff an armoured Ozma may make it into my home...Or perhaps a Green VF-27 (Am I the only one who doesn't like purple??)

Edit: I just browsed through the Valkyrie count thread to make sure I am not crazy....there is someone with 19 1/48's! that is like a double of every single scheme...

Edited by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX

I wish the university I went to was that cheap. I don't know about taxed to kingdom come, 5% is the most I will have to pay (which I suppose does add up with the multiple purchases).

I am having to set some limits for myself, no DX chogokin for me, no Zero stuff (even though the SV-51 looks awesome, but then I would need a VF-0 with ghost booster and you can see the road that leads down), and no Mac 7 stuff (won't be a problem). A 1/60 VF-1J GBP may still be in my future though.

In a few years if bandai reissues the DX stuff an armoured Ozma may make it into my home...Or perhaps a Green VF-27 (Am I the only one who doesn't like purple??)

Edit: I just browsed through the Valkyrie count thread to make sure I am not crazy....there is someone with 19 1/48's! that is like a double of every single scheme...

Well, I think there's approximately 5 to 15% tax in my country (can't remember), and it does add up if you go overboard. Generally, I try to divide my purchases to individual shipments if I can help it, so that none of them will go over the 160 USD tax-free threshold. This means I can't lessen the cost of shipping by shipping in bulk.

And yeah, there's something of a "potato chip theory" at work as far as buying Macross figs are concerned. I started out only wanting to buy the three MacPlus VF's, and ended up not only buying all three, but almost the whole SFD-1 Macross VF line (got a VF-1A Kakizaki TV version from AmiAmi coming my way, which completes the line), three quarters of the MacZero line (STILL waiting for the replacement parts for my busted up SV-51 Nora, dammit!) as well a couple of personal favorites like the VF-22S Sturmvogel II Gamlin type and YF-19 DN.

Fortunately, I'm no fan of Mac7's more child-friendly plot and characters, and can stay away from the VF-11C and M&M Sturmvogels.

It's also bittersweet fortune that the VT-1 Super Ostrich has knurled hinge pins, as I do like the design and would have bought it in a heartbeat. But buying that would draw me into the DYRL line. Between Transformers, Figmas, Macross figs and PS3 games, my plate is full enough as it is.

As for DX Chogokins, if they don't fix the GERWALK mode on those, I ain't putting down a cent for any of them.

About the Valkyrie count; yes, there are some very dedicated Macross collectors here, a few of whom have pretty deep pockets and the salaries to fill them.

• 3 weeks later...

Dunno if anyone still remembers (or cares) about the busted up SV-51 Nora I bought in July, but HLJ finally confirmed that they can't get the replacement parts for it. And because they have to get back the defective fig to claim money from Yamato, I'll have to go through the hassle of getting it put in a box (fortunately, I kept the original HLJ box they used to ship the fig to me) and send it back.

Well, at least they're compensating me for shipping the busted fig back, and obviously will pay for the shipping of the replacement to me.

Rant done, stepping away from the lectern now.

Maybe you guys can help me figure out something.

I ordered from AmiAmi about a month ago and got it shipped via registered SAL Small Packet.

Now I'm looking at the tracking page of JP post and after just sitting for 3 weeks in my country the latest entry reads

Details: Retention

Somebody please tell me that my parcel is not on its way back to Japan!?

Maybe you guys can help me figure out something.

I ordered from AmiAmi about a month ago and got it shipped via registered SAL Small Packet.

Now I'm looking at the tracking page of JP post and after just sitting for 3 weeks in my country the latest entry reads

Details: Retention

Somebody please tell me that my parcel is not on its way back to Japan!?

Lechuck, I hate to say it, but it does sound like the package got sent back. This happened to me once with BBTS, because they inverted my apartment number. What was strange is, the Post office actually crossed off the incorrect number and wrote the correct one on the package-but then, sent it back anyway! Don't worry, Amiami is great with their customer service. You'll get your item. But is may be a little late. :(

Anybody deal with Overdrive recently? Seems like they have not updated their site for a while.

They never ever got back to me on my cracked shoulder joint for my VT-1. They were quick to respond when I had a question while placing an order but after it arrived and I had an issue with it, no replies after. Go figure. So I'm basically stuck with a bad shoulder.

They never ever got back to me on my cracked shoulder joint for my VT-1. They were quick to respond when I had a question while placing an order but after it arrived and I had an issue with it, no replies after. Go figure. So I'm basically stuck with a bad shoulder.

One reason I love AmiAmi is for their great customer service. I had a bit of a problem with the last order I received and they got back to me the same day with a solution. Simply brilliant. In regards to the topic, I've got a VF-1S Strike Hi-Metal on the way from AmiAmi and a Toynami Tactical Battlepod from Amazon. Yes, battles will be fought when they both arrive :D .

One reason I love AmiAmi is for their great customer service. I had a bit of a problem with the last order I received and they got back to me the same day with a solution. Simply brilliant. In regards to the topic, I've got a VF-1S Strike Hi-Metal on the way from AmiAmi and a Toynami Tactical Battlepod from Amazon. Yes, battles will be fought when they both arrive :D .

I agree, and their discounts are more frequent AND cover more Macross items than HLJ.

Too bad they don't have FED-EX shipping, though. Why does this concern me? Well, where I'm at, there's something called a tax-free threshold, and anything above approx. 165 USD plus shipping gets taxed. But the worst part is that in order to pay the import taxes, one has to drive to the airport (about two hours drive) to the customs department. The only other option is to ask the local post office to collect it for you, but it's an extra 15 USD, plus you'll have to pick it up at the post office yourself.

With FED-EX or any courier service, they send it straight to your doorstep, and you pay whatever taxes when the item arrives.

So, I still have to rely on HLJ's FED-EX shipping for anything above 165 USD.

One reason I love AmiAmi is for their great customer service. I had a bit of a problem with the last order I received and they got back to me the same day with a solution. Simply brilliant.

I am happy to hear this, I have a VF-1J 1/60 GBP ordered through them

I also have a SV-51 Ivanov coming in through Locus HK...I know the Ivanov is not without its problems, but damn, if you are only going to have only one SV-51 paint scheme...

Edited by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my first (hopefully only) taste of an invalid tracking number. HLJ sent me a shipping notice for the replacement Nora last Friday, which included the wrong tracking number. I emailed them and asked for them to send me the correct one asap, as the fig could arrive any day, and I need to be home to receive it.

Just to clarify: an incorrect tracking number isn't anything to worry about, is it? I mean, the item's still being shipped to me as normal, right?

My order was shipped the friday too, and I have the same message of incorrect trackin number when tracking my order, but I think is just becasue the postal service only works moonday to friday.

They ask yo to wait 72 Hrs. befroe your order appears in the system (plus weekend in this this case). Be patient ;)

Edited by Froy

My order was shipped the friday too, and I have the same message of incorrect trackin number when tracking my order, but I think is just becasue the postal service only works moonday to friday.

They ask yo to wait 72 Hrs. befroe your order appears in the system (plus weekend in this this case). Be patient ;)

Thanks for the info, Froy. You mean the weekends don't count in the 72 hour waiting period? So I gotta wait two more days before the tracking number is usable?

May be, but in my case I was right. Got my shipping notice on friday and my package left Japan today (Tuesday in Japan) at 0:15 am.

Yup, the tracking number for my Nora Type started working yesterday evening. So I guess weekends do count in the 72 hour period.

Cheers! :D

Gah, I can't believe the silly mistakes I made!

I ordered a Ghost Booster B from AmiAmi which was on back-order, and they sent me an email last week telling me my order is ready and in stock. Having been so used to the Paypal billing agreement with HLJ, I completely ignored it and waited for a shipping notice until, out of a whim, I checked the email and realize I had to manually pay them by the 17th.

Thank God I sent them the payment in time. Thing is, I rechecked the site, and it says the Ghost Booster is on back order again.

What I'd like to know is, will AmiAmi reserve an item for me, as long as I paid them in time? So even if the item's on backorder, they're saving one from the last batch for me until the 7 day period expires, right? I mean, I did pre-order first and paid in time.

Edited by GU-11

Gah, I can't believe the silly mistakes I made!

I ordered a Ghost Booster B from AmiAmi which was on back-order, and they sent me an email last week telling me my order is ready and in stock. Having been so used to the Paypal billing agreement with HLJ, I completely ignored it and waited for a shipping notice until, out of a whim, I checked the email and realize I had to manually pay them by the 17th.

Thank God I sent them the payment in time. Thing is, I rechecked the site, and it says the Ghost Booster is on back order again.

What I'd like to know is, will AmiAmi reserve an item for me, as long as I paid them in time? So even if the item's on backorder, they're saving one from the last batch for me until the 7 day period expires, right? I mean, I did pre-order first and paid in time.

That's basically how that works, yeah. They'd hold it and wait for payment. If you don't pay on time, then it goes back into available stock and they presumably put you on their blacklist.

That's basically how that works, yeah. They'd hold it and wait for payment. If you don't pay on time, then it goes back into available stock and they presumably put you on their blacklist.

They blacklist you too?! Man, thank God I sent the payment to them in time. Gotta stick a post-it on the side of my monitor to remind me to manually pay them whenever I buy stuff from AmiAmi. :ph34r:

They blacklist you too?! Man, thank God I sent the payment to them in time. Gotta stick a post-it on the side of my monitor to remind me to manually pay them whenever I buy stuff from AmiAmi. :ph34r:

They don't automatically blacklist you. They also say they will if you cancel pre-orders too, but they don't. If you do it constantly they eventually will stop taking orders from you, but they mostly just want you to not make a habit of doing such things

I have a package coming to me through the post office; It's been a week since I got the tracking number for it and it still hasn't updated. Should I be worried now? :unsure:

not necessarily. If it's just "delivery confirmation" then it won't update until they deliver it.

They don't automatically blacklist you. They also say they will if you cancel pre-orders too, but they don't. If you do it constantly they eventually will stop taking orders from you, but they mostly just want you to not make a habit of doing such things

Okay, at least that's not so bad. Would have been great if they had a paypal billing agreement like HLJ; would make things a whole lot more convenient.