WHAT'S CURRENTLY SHIPPING OR SHIPPING ISSUES...

pondo

My wife ordered me a Yamato 1/60 SV-51a from HK Collectibles for our anniversary/Valentines Day present. She ordered it on Tuesday 2/9/10 and payed for speedpost. As of checking the status, it says that it was shipped from the Hong Kong PO, but no details on when it is set to arrive. The website indicates that Speedpost is 3-4 Business Days delivery.

Twich

Can I have your wife? :p

I ordered a 1/60 Hikaru Valkyrie with GBP armor over a week ago from Overdrive and thus far, I haven't even had the order processed yet. I paid via Paypal and the payment went through, but none of that information reflects on my Overdrive account. In a previous thread, I showered Overdrive with accolades for processing a Destroid order in what seemed like record time...but like a lot of other people have noted, it almost seems like its under new management or has changed its business model completely. Maybe it doesn't give equal priority to international orders as it does to local ones anymore. What is the NEW average wait times for Overdrive to get orders shipped? Anyone know?

Looks like OD is still alive as I just got shipping confirmation. However, I am one who will not be buying from them anymore as the emails I was sending them was to change postal address. Emailed them twice using my registered email with them which is a yahoo email. Emailed them once using their website interface. And emailed them one last time using a non free email. 4 times I tried to communicate with them and never heard from them. Luckily I still can collect the items from the address I have with them.

Amiami will have my business from now on and HLJ for items that I can't get from Amiami. Amiami has been fast in their processing. Paid on Friday shipped on Saturday.

Most recent HLJ Shipping Notice, the previous order should be here any day:

Item Code Item Name Quantity Price Extended Price

BAN958455 DX Chogokin VF-27 Lucifer Brera Sterne Custom 1 15,200 15,200

BAN959113 Robot Damashii Unicorn Gundam Destroy Mode 1 3,500 3,500

KBYZD30 Highend Master Model EZ-004 Red Horn 1 6,800 6,800

YMT00182 VF-11C with Super Pack 1 18,800 18,800

Merchandise Total: 44,300

Shipping Charge: 5,500

Total: 49,800

I also ordered a Tamiya 1/16 Full Function Radio Controlled M4 Sherman. I'm not sure if anyone else is a fan of these tanks, but I highly recommend them.

I have a knock off of the Tokyo Mauri airsoft M1A2 Abrams and love it. :D

My VF-27 from Ami Ami has cleared customs in SF and left about 8 hours ago. Wonder if I'll get it today. Talk about fast shipping! ordered 2/18, confirmed that night. Received in stock notice at 02:19 on 2/19. Paid at 08:10. Shipping notification 2/20, 01:37. Arrive in customs in San Fran, 2/21 at 13:46, cleared out of customs 2/21 at 17:13.

well, my "1 valk per year" rule had me pull the trigger on a 1/60 vf25alto w/ super parts. I ordered it from HLJ so who knows when it will be here.

But I'm still waiting for my galactica viper model and my toynami regult from BBTS...

Anyone got the regult yet?

Still no change in my order status from Overdrive. Rechecking my order, the date that it was ordered was January 27th (it was supposed to be a Feb. 7th b-day present from the wife), so more time has passed than I thought. I thought that only about two weeks had passed (hence why I also edited the timing of my original post as well). The money transfer went through with no problem, according to my Paypal account...so the money went SOMEWHERE at Overdrive's offices. But apparently it died somewhere along the way. I've emailed Overdrive about my order and about replacement arms as well. Neither of the emails have been returned yet. Not sure where to go from here. If I can't get ahold of anyone at Overdrive to put a trace on my order, I may just have to eat the $200 I sent to them and chalk this up to "Buyer Beware." :unsure:

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

I've just got my Quarter and Ex-gear from Amiami late last week. Paid On Wedesday evening, shippied out Thursday and arrived on Saturday. Amazingly fast.

But I must say that they have gone to pretty great pains to pack the 2 items. A good 50% of the box they were shipped in were filled with styrofoam stuffing, on top of the buttle wrap surrounding the actual items No way for the items inside to get hurt. But the size of the shipping box was amazing though.

I've just got my Quarter and Ex-gear from Amiami late last week. Paid On Wedesday evening, shippied out Thursday and arrived on Saturday. Amazingly fast.

But I must say that they have gone to pretty great pains to pack the 2 items. A good 50% of the box they were shipped in were filled with styrofoam stuffing, on top of the buttle wrap surrounding the actual items No way for the items inside to get hurt. But the size of the shipping box was amazing though.

I must try AmiAmi one of these days... hahaha...

I am still waiting for my mighty stand, a good 48 days has passed, and still no mighty stand... HLJ told me to wait till 6 Apr.

Hopefully i can get some replies via them from Japan post office.

I just want to know what happened, and not some standard Answers using the cut and paste method... but the rest of my items from Hwjapan is coming next week!! VF-11C, my gundam MG astray red frame, and my M9 Gernsback... it's gonna be a huge box of toys and model kits to last me through a long long time...

hahah, just feeling happy with the thought of my items coming!!

:lol: :lol: But still missing my mighty stand... damn.... :angry:<_<

Edited by eyesonme78

I guess a lot of people are having issues with Over-Drive right now. Luckily that hasn't been my case yet.

I've ordered:

Max VF-1J

Milia VF-1J

VE-1 and a

VF-11C

on Sunday night. It's passed customs and I'm waiting for them to finally make it to my house in Albuquerque (hopefully today or tomorrow.) Amiami has better prices and fast shipping but their selection is more limited and their stock disappears real fast.

I just filed a Paypal dispute against Overdrive for the amount I paid for the Hikaru GBP armor. My wife (reluctantly) ordered another GBP set from HLJ yesterday and we already received a shipping notice within 8 hours of the payment being processed...complete with EMS tracking number. I don't know what's happened at Overdrive, but it's obvious that someone's asleep at the switch. If Paypal can't get Overdrive to respond to the dispute, I then have the option of escalating it to a claim, at which point Paypal will determine whether or not I'm worthy of getting a refund on a $209 item that was never delivered. Considering the luck I'm currently having with this particular online store, Paypal will probably rule in favor of Overdrive because it's an international transaction, thus not subject to the usual dispute resolution process and I'll have lost my money altogether. The consolation here is that HLJ DID come through where Overdrive has completely dropped the ball...

I just filed a Paypal dispute against Overdrive for the amount I paid for the Hikaru GBP armor. My wife (reluctantly) ordered another GBP set from HLJ yesterday and we already received a shipping notice within 8 hours of the payment being processed...complete with EMS tracking number. I don't know what's happened at Overdrive, but it's obvious that someone's asleep at the switch. If Paypal can't get Overdrive to respond to the dispute, I then have the option of escalating it to a claim, at which point Paypal will determine whether or not I'm worthy of getting a refund on a $209 item that was never delivered. Considering the luck I'm currently having with this particular online store, Paypal will probably rule in favor of Overdrive and I'll have lost my money altogether. The consolation here is that HLJ DID come through where Overdrive has completely dropped the ball...

Wow man, that really sucks. I just ordered four things from Overdrive Sunday and according to the phone call I just got they've just arrived at my house. Sounds like that's an exception these days. Let us know how it all turns out, it really isn't fair for Overdrive to keep your money hostage like that.

I guess a lot of people are having issues with Over-Drive right now. Luckily that hasn't been my case yet.

I've ordered:

Max VF-1J

Milia VF-1J

VE-1 and a

VF-11C

on Sunday night. It's passed customs and I'm waiting for them to finally make it to my house in Albuquerque (hopefully today or tomorrow.) Amiami has better prices and fast shipping but their selection is more limited and their stock disappears real fast.

The problem with overdrive is not so that they are not processing the orders but its because they are not responding to people's emails. My order also came through but they did not change the shipping address after 4 requests from myself via different methods.

I am sorry to hear about what happened to you Cyclone Trooper. Most likely there was an issue with their processing which resulted in your oder not being processed. Again, this problem could be resolved should they communicate which they are not. That's is why I will not order from them again as what if something happens like Cyclone Trooper to myself and I am unable to resolved it because they will not communicate with you. Someone mentioned you may try contacting Save to see whether he is able to help out as I believe he may know the people at Overdrive.

Amiami and HLJ will get my service from now on. Lucky there's Tokyo Hunter for Japan exclusive stuff so no need to use Overdrive for those items.

Funny how quickly things get answered when a billing processor gets involved. Paypal apparently lit a fire under someone's ass at Overdrive today because this is the email I received from Overdrive this evening:

Order Information - Order #

Qty. Products Total

1 ea. Macross - 1/60 VF-1J Hilkaru Ver with Armored Parts Set $162.99

$162.99Sub-Total:

$47.00 Japanese Postal Service (1 x 2.5kg) (EMS):

$209.99 Total:

Status History & Comments

Date Order Status Comments

01/27/2010 Paid PayPal status: Completed @ 11:47:55 Jan 27, 2010 PST

Trans ID:

Amount: 209.99 USD

02/27/2010 Pending PayPal status: Reversed @ 08:36:11 Feb 26, 2010 PST

Parent Trans ID:

Trans ID:

Amount: -202.55 USD

Delivery Address:

(Name and Address withheld)

Maryland

United States

Shipping Method

Japanese Postal Service (1 x 2.5kg) (EMS)

Billing Address

(Address withheld)

Maryland

United States

Payment Method

PayPal

I didn't get the entire amount refunded, but at this point, I'm just glad Paypal reversed the amount to me. But I find it a bit disappointing that all previous emails from me went completely ignored, as well as my order never being shipped, but Paypal was able to get ahold of someone at Overdrive with no problem whatsoever. On the other hand, I'm amazed at how fast Paypal resolved the issue. I've been burned by Overdrive to the point where I'll never do business with them again. I could have let it go and chalked this up to a simple customer service snafu, had the item been something fairly cheap. But this was an item over $200 (including shipping). To totally allow an order for that amount to fall through the cracks and then not respond to emails pertaining to it is ridiculous.

Sad to hear that Cyber trooper you got some problem with OD and never resolved it.

But happy to hear you got ur refund back... anyways was a learning experience i guess.

But then again i had some problems with my current preorder for Gamlin custom, which i always hear it's delayed or its hasnt been released..

Each time i called the store they always have the same reason or different reason, but never the stock available.

Next time i shall not pay in advance for pre-orders..

The customer service for the store that i am getting the VF-22s from is not really up to date with their customer service and their pushy reasons has turned me off to buy from them.

But again my mighty stand is still missing in action, i wonder where is my mighty stand now..

sighs... at least HLJ responds with help and they promised to replace one for me if my item gets lost.. which i think it is probably lost..

No more SAL for me from now on.

Amiami gets HUGE props from me. Not just for sending my Lucifer in the blink of an eye but also because they restocked on Friday with the Armored Ozma Messiah and, obviously, it's not going to go out until Monday (March 1) but they still gave me the half off shipping.

SO I'm waiting for a Armored Ozma that I'm getting for $177 total including EMS shipping.

Also waiting on 3 Flexistands from BBTS.

I did some research on the shipping, and EMS provide a tracking number for the customer, same for Air parcel.

But SAL does not comes with the tracking number for us to track but according to my local office and japan post, they have ways to track it as well.

Thus that is why i wan HLJ to start asking about the parcel.

There is no way i could get in the contact with japan post and blame them since they do not provide email address for me to enquire on.

The reason i am unhappy with the HLJ customer service is that they give u such standard SOP answers, and it does not answer my questions when i need clarifications. imagine you're asking a question on XXX, and they give you an answer to question YYY.

Until today when i received the email replies then i am satisified with the explaination and clarification ( This time round they did a better job in explaining as it is not the usual SOP answers) But i am still waiting for the parcel still.

HLJ likely didn't ask you to contact Japan Post yourself (BTW, you can find them by googling for "Japan post"), but to wait for more time (if they told you the 45 days and 90 days thing). Japan post can only investigate missing packages after 90 days, like many other post companies around the world.

Only SAL large parcels come with a tracking number that you can use on the Japan Post site. These start with CC or CI. The others (small packages) do get a number, but cannot be tracked online.

Funny, I know everyone seems to be getting stuff from AmiAmi really fast, but my VF-27 seems to be taking it's time. Order was confirmed on the 23rd, payment sent on the 24th, and shipped on the 25, which sounds reasonable.

Unfortunately, it got held up in customs in San Fran for a solid day for some reason (all my other orders have cleared in a matter of hours). Could be due to the giant box to hold the VF-27 poster, but oh well. It got into customs the afternoon of the 26th, and didn't leave until afternoon on the 27th. My last order was in and out of customs in an hour or two on a friday, and made it to my door by saturday afternoon.

So, I'll probably wind up with a note in my mailbox tomorrow, and get it either tomorrow afternoon, or tuesday after work.

I guess I'm not worried about the timing so much as I am about the delay in customs this time.. I have this fear I'm going to find that everything in the box has been worked over by customs. Granted it's a big box (VF-27+poster, VF-22 Miria, and Hi-Metal Fire Valk) but I can't imagine it being much bigger than my last order from HLJ.. they sent me a crazy 3'x1.5'x1' monstrosity of a box (I could almost fit myself in it), but that didn't get held up at all.

Either the customs folks just got lazy, and didn't process it due to the weekend being so close, or this is going to be the one box to rule them all. :blink:

Ok, this is starting to get irritating.. I don't know why this happens, but it's the second time now.

So, I follow the tracking info on my package from the USPS website.. it says "Out for delivery or available for pickup" all day today.

I figure "Great, I can leave work a few minutes early, and get to the post office before it closes to pick it up." WRONG.

I don't understand it one bit. I get there.. they can't find it. All the trucks have reported back in, so the package has to be on the premises, but they can't find a package sent to my address. I tell them, "It's gotta be a huge box covered in Japanese characters, you can't miss it." No dice.

I head home, and sure enough, the "Missed Delivery" slip is in my box, telling me I have a package to pick up.

The kicker to all this, and the part I REALLY don't understand... it says the package will be available for pickup tomorrow. WHY? It's obviously in town, you obviously had it on the truck, and I was right there, probably within 100 feet of the package when I was at the front counter asking them to look for it. Why can't you give it to me??

Is there some arbitrary rule going on where they punish you for not being at home during business hours? I don't understand it.

I plan on asking about this tomorrow... I wouldn't be so irked if they'd just tell me that I can't get it till tomorrow, so I wouldn't waste the time leaving early from work and making the trip across town just to have them tell me they don't have it, when they obviously do.

Edited by Chronocidal

Hello,

I decided to order a second Ghost for use with the April re-stock of the VF-0A and VF-0S. The Ghost B model is hard to come by, but personally I find the all grey color scheme to be boring, so I'm happy to use the Ghost A version, which has really nice markings in my opinion. Unfortunately, both of them cost me about $140.00 after shipping, and that's a good bit for something that doesn't even transform.

Here is my shipping notice from HLJ:

YMT00054 QF-2200D-A Ghost 1 4,800 4,800

Merchandise Total: 4,800

Shipping Charge: 2,400

Total: 7,200

I just received my shipping notice for a prior order. No Macross stuff here, because I'm also a fan of Gundam, Super Robot Wars and Transformers. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper to just focus on my Macross, but there are a lot of good anime mecha available from other shows.

BAN961934 MG Gundam Astray Red Frame Custom w/Special Clear Armor Parts 1 5,000 5,000

KBYKO-106 Gespenst Mk-II Kai 1 4,500 4,500

KBYKP-101 Cybaster 1 7,800 7,800

KBYKP-105 ART-1 Advanced Real Personal Trooper Test Type-1 1 4,800 4,800

KBYKP-41 PTX-014-03C Arblade Custom 1 3,500 3,500

KBYKP-55 PTX-007-03UN Rein Weissritter 1 4,800 4,800

TKT36734 RD-24 Barricade & Frenzy 1 5,000 5,000

Merchandise Total: 35,400

Shipping Charge: 7,800

Total: 43,200

I really envy guys like Graham that live in HK, which I mentioned to him in a previous PM after he posted about buying a second VF-27. He's able to buy direct from local shops and get the lowest price, without having to pay any shipping or customs expense. I lost more than $800 just in customs during the last month. That works out to over (8) valkyries, and that's not even including shipping costs yet. :mellow: So, I could move to HK and have a bigger collection, but a much smaller house to display them in. :lol:

I'll take some pictures today and post them, the Ghost A arrived very quickly.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

(Edited to fix country)

Edited by ChristopherB

Sorry for the poor quality, I used my Nokia cellphone:

First are my misc/anime purchases:

AnimePurchases03-01-2010.jpg

The Max Factory Dragonar-1 is very nice and even comes with a set of white gloves to handle the toy

GMP 1/18 Scale 1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible

Tamiya 1/16 Full Function R/C M4 Sherman

Bandai Robot Spirits Nirvash & Crossbone X2

Zoids Tomy Geno Breaker

Appleseed Hot Toys Landmate wearing some gold bling bling :lol:

Second are my recent Macross items:

MacrossPurchases03-01-2010.jpg

Tenjin Hidetaka Valkyries

1/60 Limited Edition VF-1S Roy Focker Weathered

1/60 Ghost A

Bandai Robot Spirits Klan Klang Custom

1/60 Limited Edition GBP Armor with Missile Effect

1/60 RVF25

1/60 VF25G

1/60 Limited Edition Clear Armor (white box)

Bandai Ex-Gear

So I get a phone call today from my parent's house telling me to come and pick up my packages. LOL All of my packages goes to the house anyway since no one will be there to sign for packages at the APT. So the big shipment finally arrived and will probably put me in retirement from Mac toys for a while. But i'm glad I have yet to experience these problems you guys are having. Good gawd thats a lot of headaches.

Incoming VF-11C with some other gundam model kits!! hopefully it can reach by next monday.. heehee..

I got another VF-22S Max custom incoming also but AmiAmi have not sent me the payment request yet..

I really gotten tired of waiting for the shop to call me for my gamlin custom..

and excuses on delays and such which i could not care more for their so call explaination and their poor service attitude, and i will not preorder from them again if they continue such poor service in reply my questions.

This is gonna be an epic week or so wait..

In two separate orders...

Max VF-22S

VF-11C

TV 1/60 VF-1 Super Pack

1/48 Hasegawa VF-1 x2

VF-25F kit

VF-25S kit

VF-25 Super Pack Add-on kit

SMS Action Base x4

Black Action Base (for Brera)

And I think I'm done for a good couple months... or at least until the VF-0S gets reissued without splodey shoulders. ^_^

This is gonna be an epic week or so wait..

In two separate orders...

Max VF-22S

VF-11C

TV 1/60 VF-1 Super Pack

1/48 Hasegawa VF-1 x2

VF-25F kit

VF-25S kit

VF-25 Super Pack Add-on kit

SMS Action Base x4

Black Action Base (for Brera)

And I think I'm done for a good couple months... or at least until the VF-0S gets reissued without splodey shoulders. ^_^

The VF-0S has been reissued with the shoulder issues fixed. The Ghost bundled does not have the shoulders problems and after the release of the bundle, Yamato also re-releaased the VF-0S stand alone with the shoulders fixed. Packaging is the same, but the way Yamato packed the VF-0S in the plastic tray is slightly different. Can't remember exactly how, but I think the tail fin could have been folded down and also could be covered by plastic. Do a search on the forum and you should be able to find out more. Some places like Overdrive was carrying the VF-0S with the updated shoulders if I am not mistaken.

It's here!! hahaha

& Finally my VF-11C is here! thanks HWjapan & AmiAmi!! haha

paid on Wed night,ship out thursday evening, arrived at my doorstep Sat morning! Simply outstanding.. haha

but i am still waiting for my mighty stand... sighs...

Wow, you've got some nice looking items there!!! I'm definitely jealous. ^_^

You're Gernsback is cool, haven't seen that kit before.

Congrats B))

I preorded and paid in full for a VF27 Beta before I realized it wouldn't be released until the end of June. :mellow: I could have used that money to buy something now, but good things come to those who wait.

Well after finally getting out of the hospital and finally getting online and learning of all the things I missed out in 21 days I decided to plunk down about 500 bucks on DD's SV-51, pre-ordered the VF-0S, ordered the VF-1D Virgin Road on sale at HLJ. I'd forgotten that I'd gotten paid while I was unconscious and just recently got paid again and haven't been doing anything. Anybody know how good the VF-27 is? I'm thinking about going to the hobby shop to pick it up along with the Quarter, but I'm running out of room to display all of this stuff. I'll only be able to display the VF-1D.

Been waiting for my 1/72 VF-27 Lucifer Valkyrie Brera custom for like the past 23 days since it was dispatched from HLJ via SAL. Funny thing is that I've already received some of my Mr. Hobby supplies (shipped using SAL as well) yesterday which I had ordered from HLJ a week after I had ordered the VF-27. Is this probably due to the size of the package? :ph34r: