WHAT'S CURRENTLY SHIPPING OR SHIPPING ISSUES...

pondo

This month, I will finally become the proud owner of the Haruhi Suzumiya "Danchou" armband!!

How much you wanna bet people will acuse me of being a NAZI when I wear that thing?

They'll just see the red armband and think "nazi!"

At least that's what I'm afraid of...

My hope, though, is that by wearing Danchou on my arm, I will immediately command respect!

as for Macross items - I'm expecting a 1/72 Lucifer and Alto with Ranka deculture decals to come my way.

Other than that, Victory Gundam, Guntank (finally!) and a string of Figma Haruhi Suzumiya figures to round out my collection!

then it's on to Feburary...

my BIRTHDAY!!

Gotta get something special for that...

hmm...any suggestions? :lol:

Pete

I've got a damaged VT-1 Super Ostrich right outta the box from them in December. I was first told to send it back but then I got an email to wait so that they can look for the part for me "A.S.A.P.". I didn't get any replies yet and then they went on holidays.

I've waited for a response and they should be back in business by now. I emailed them again twice and I still haven't got a response. I've never had a problem with them before but I did complain to them about them bumping my SAL order to EMS. I don't think anyone working there would be vengeful or spiteful and ignore my repeated emails (especially since I've been very patient so far).

Does anyone know if they're all back in business and are responding to their emails? I've never had problems with HLJ before, but that's because I've never had a problem arise where I had to deal with them before. I don't want to risk sending them back my entire VT-1 Super Ostrich now... what if they decide not to reimburse the shipping... or even fix it and send it back to me?

I know... the chances of that happening to me are slim to none, but I'm slowly loosing my patience with them.

HLJ and most of the Japanese webshops are on holiday till 5th Jan 2010. So they should be back today (Asia time). It's 7:50am now in Tokyo Japan.

So, be patient and wait about another 24hours. HLJ and other webshops probably have tonnes of backlogged emails/stocks to clear/ship out.

Cheers.

p.s. I waiting for my MacQuarter and a few other items to ship as well. ^_^

Got my canned email from HLJ today, suggesting it was customs that cause the damage.

I replied that the original packing box and packing tape were still perfectly sealed when I got the shipment.

Plus it can't be damage caused during shipping, since someone had carefully placed the two ripped-off pieces of the VF-19 packaging inside the packaging box of the Milia VF-1J. :huh:

I was boggled at first when I first found the two ripped-pieces (as seen in picture) of tabs inside the VF-1J. :blink:

When I got around taking the VF-19 out of the packing box, then I figured out what those two pieces were ... :wacko:

I was somewhat amused by the whole condition of the contents... <_<

You know - this is another example of how Bigbadtoystore has an organizational leg up.

The solution to problems like these is simple - and BBTS does it.

If you ever recieve anything from them, you will notice that on the bill which lists your goods there's a series of STAMPS.

Usually (and I'm paraphrasing here) the stamps say: PACKED BY BOB or PACKED BY JOHN or PACKED BY JANE.

And then - if someone has a complaint like yours - BBTS can go to Bob and say "Bob - have you been ripping the tabs off of Macross boxes and putting them into other Macross boxes again?

And Bob can say "sorry boss, you know how lonely I get sometimes"

And the problem is dealt with.

This way - it's a mystery.

What HLJ need to do is institute this system because then they will know who packed what. And if Bob says "I swear they were MISB when I packed them" - then I would chalk it up to customs.

Sometimes, goods do come in damaged and in less than steller shape. Sometimes this IS on account of minor crushing during transport or damage done while packing...

I dunno.

Your situation is wierd that's for sure.

It's just way to complex for either customs or anyone else.

Actually - it looks like someone tried to STEAL your items.

Ever thought about that?

Here's my scenario (Activate Detective Mode):

Somebody opened the box with your goods and ripped the side tabs off in the hopes of stealing the figures.

This someone might have worked at the post office, in customs - where ever.

That someone's boss or superior or colleague or other person saw it, the dude was fired - but to avoid any problems - they just slipped the ripped tabs into one of the boxes and shipped it on its' merry way.

Likely customs - since customs are the only ones to open the box.

USUALLY customs officers have to seal the box with special tape that says "Opened for Cusotms purposes" or something.

But maybe they didn't this time around?

That - or aliens did it.

Beats me.

Pete

Well, I checked the post office and nada. So it's in limbo somewhere and there's no way for me to find out what happened to it.

Damn I was gonna go check my PO today but from the looks of it they wont have it either. I fired off an e-mail to AmiAmi so that they can get in touch with their PO and file an inquiry as to where the hell my macross quarter is.

You know - this is another example of how Bigbadtoystore has an organizational leg up.

The solution to problems like these is simple - and BBTS does it.

If you ever recieve anything from them, you will notice that on the bill which lists your goods there's a series of STAMPS.

Usually (and I'm paraphrasing here) the stamps say: PACKED BY BOB or PACKED BY JOHN or PACKED BY JANE.

And then - if someone has a complaint like yours - BBTS can go to Bob and say "Bob - have you been ripping the tabs off of Macross boxes and putting them into other Macross boxes again?

And Bob can say "sorry boss, you know how lonely I get sometimes"

And the problem is dealt with.

This way - it's a mystery.

What HLJ need to do is institute this system because then they will know who packed what. And if Bob says "I swear they were MISB when I packed them" - then I would chalk it up to customs.

Sometimes, goods do come in damaged and in less than steller shape. Sometimes this IS on account of minor crushing during transport or damage done while packing...

I dunno.

Your situation is wierd that's for sure.

It's just way to complex for either customs or anyone else.

Actually - it looks like someone tried to STEAL your items.

Ever thought about that?

Here's my scenario (Activate Detective Mode):

Somebody opened the box with your goods and ripped the side tabs off in the hopes of stealing the figures.

This someone might have worked at the post office, in customs - where ever.

That someone's boss or superior or colleague or other person saw it, the dude was fired - but to avoid any problems - they just slipped the ripped tabs into one of the boxes and shipped it on its' merry way.

Likely customs - since customs are the only ones to open the box.

USUALLY customs officers have to seal the box with special tape that says "Opened for Cusotms purposes" or something.

But maybe they didn't this time around?

That - or aliens did it.

Beats me.

Pete

I ran through all of the scenarios just as you did, but the fact that the original packing box and tapes were still in perfect sealed condition is mind-boggling. :wacko:

TSA/Customs must now have some Super Dimensional inspection machine to allow worker to reach inside the packing box without tempering with the packing tape. :o

All kidding aside, this particular VF-19 is for resell purpose so torn-off retail packaging is a big NO NO.

I am trying to work out a replacement method with HLJ, either just the retail packaging or the whole thing. Hopefully they will come through with some kind of reasonable offer.

2010 is a great year for Japanese toy collector in the US, with so many new sources offering products at competitive prices, HLJ needs to work on customer service if they can't keep up with with the prices. :rolleyes:

Damn I was gonna go check my PO today but from the looks of it they wont have it either. I fired off an e-mail to AmiAmi so that they can get in touch with their PO and file an inquiry as to where the hell my macross quarter is.

Mine was from AmiAmi as well. I think I will do the same. Let me know if you get a response from them.

Edit:

I just checked the shipping email again and noticed this:

In case you did not receive the parcel or any delivery notification after about

a week (EMS) / three weeks (SAL), please contact your country's postmaster

and refer them to the above registration number.

Is that suggesting to contact the postmaster general directly or should I just give the generic USPS phone number a call?

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Can't believe this thread is at 8 pages. It must be the most uninteresting thread ever.

I mean do people really care if others have a package in the mail? Well, I guess they do, but I mean.....yawn!

OK, I have a package in the mail.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Graham

Can't believe this thread is at 8 pages. It must be the most uninteresting thread ever.

I mean do people really care if others have a package in the mail? Well, I guess they do, but I mean.....yawn!

Graham

Depends on the angle you approach it with :) For me - threads like these are interesting for the following reasons:

1) They give a good sample of what people are buying (aka what is in real demand, as opposed to "fake demand" i.e. - 'oooh! shiney! must have!'

2) They give a good sample of the frequency with which people buy

3) fans can share their joyous anticipation with the whole world...

I mainly lurk here for reasons 1 and 2, and post only when there is something truly monumental and earthshattering coming my way (like the Haruhi Suzumiya Danchou armband)...;)

Naturally - if this isn't interesting to someone - then it's not interesting :)

Pete

Mine was from AmiAmi as well. I think I will do the same. Let me know if you get a response from them.

Edit:

I just checked the shipping email again and noticed this:

In case you did not receive the parcel or any delivery notification after about

a week (EMS) / three weeks (SAL), please contact your country's postmaster

and refer them to the above registration number.

Is that suggesting to contact the postmaster general directly or should I just give the generic USPS phone number a call?

The USPS here will tell you to get in touch with the sender so send AmiAmi an email. I got a response ftom them today and this is what it said:

I have already requested an investigation with Japan Post.Starting late Nov. 2009 shipment, we are having problems with several Japan-U.S. parcels.Please bear with us and wait for the investigation results by Japan Post & USPS.

The USPS here will tell you to get in touch with the sender so send AmiAmi an email. I got a response ftom them today and this is what it said:

Thanks. I called the USPS today, myself. They forwarded me to another dept that handled international package inquiries and the guy told me that it hadn't left Japan yet and that he would get the people on the Japan side of things to investigate.

Seems everything is fine now. In the Mac Quarter thread someone posted that they have tracked their packages shipped on the 22nd and it is in NY in Customs now. I did the same and yes my long awaited package is finally in customs so odds are i may have it by Saturday, Tuesday the latest.

Got my VT-1 and VE-1 Elint Seeker B)) Still waiting on the VF-11B and all the side covers.

Just ordered a 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru and the GBP Armor (anime colors).

Got my VF-11B a while back, but have not played with it really yet. :huh:

Finally got My 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru and the GBP Armor (anime colors) ^_^

Now just need all the side covers.

While it can become just "I'm waiting for this..." discussion, this thread has served a bit of a purpose recently, and is good for a few things which I've seen discussed in separate threads before:

-Up to date comparison for relative shipping times/methods/service for various vendors, and opinions on which might be the best to use at the moment

-A nice summary thread for people wondering what's popular at the moment, and where good deals can be found (instead of a new thread every time someone has a sale)

-Some simple first impressions and recommendations without having to dig through extended discussion about individual toys

Not to mention, it makes a nice valkaholic support group. ^_^

Maybe the best thing this has been doing recently is consolidating the typical "Why haven't I gotten my *insert recently ordered product here* yet?" threads, and making it a little simpler for people to share info when a shipping delay occurs (like seems to be happening with the Macross Quarter).

Here's all the stuff I have been waiting on over the holiday since November minus the YF-19/YF-21, VF-0S/VF-0A and the Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite MSZ-006A1/C1[bst] Z Plus

This pretty much sums up my Christmas!

img_1396_qj2eye6i.jpg

By the way, how do I resize the images?

Edited by Loop

I've been ordering stuff from BBTS since they first went online years ago. It used to be you ordered something one day, it's shipped out the next and you get it that same week. Now I find 2 days pass it still not processed, next its in the warehouse.. etc.. It usually takes a whole week before its shipped out. I've even paid extra for shipping sometimes and it still takes them awhile (as long as a week and a half) I dunno, sure they've grown and they carry alot of stuff others dont.. but lately I have had to rely on ebay for great prices and fast shipping.. Am I impatient? not when you pay extra for a faster shipping and its not fast.. :o Hell, I've ordered stuff from overseas and it gets here sometimes in lass than a week.. just my two cents

BTW.. I still order from them... they got nice stuff :)

Here's all the stuff I have been waiting on over the holiday since November minus the YF-19/YF-21, VF-0S/VF-0A and the Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite MSZ-006A1/C1[bst] Z Plus

This pretty much sums up my Christmas!

By the way, how do I resize the images?

Holy lord! Congrats on the recent acquisitions.

Do I see G-NUs up top? Those are some of my favorite figures, I hope you dig them half as much as I do.

Wish my toy budget was a tenth of yours appears to be. I need to find a sugar momma to buy me all of these wonderful toys.

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

I got both packages today, the one i have been waiting for since December, and the one that was sent out earlier this week. So now i finally have my 1/60th M&M valks, VF-1A cannon fodder, and VT-1 Super Ostrich.

I've been ordering stuff from BBTS since they first went online years ago. It used to be you ordered something one day, it's shipped out the next and you get it that same week. Now I find 2 days pass it still not processed, next its in the warehouse.. etc.. It usually takes a whole week before its shipped out. I've even paid extra for shipping sometimes and it still takes them awhile (as long as a week and a half) I dunno, sure they've grown and they carry alot of stuff others dont.. but lately I have had to rely on ebay for great prices and fast shipping.. Am I impatient? not when you pay extra for a faster shipping and its not fast.. :o Hell, I've ordered stuff from overseas and it gets here sometimes in lass than a week.. just my two cents

BTW.. I still order from them... they got nice stuff :)

I had some junk in my loot that I no longer wanted. Since they changed their policy regarding canceling loot items, I e-mailed them and they canceled my order so I could use the store credit for something I actually wanted. Paid the difference with my credit card two days ago, shipped last night, and it is going to be delivered today. (cheapest shipping option, too)

So, I can't complain!

Graham

I started it because I was excited about waiting for my first V2. I love macross, but I don't have a lot of money and have a hard time justifying the cost of these things. I might buy ONE valk a year so it was an event for me to order something from japan.

It was kind of like a thread for kids who are excited about going to bed on christmas eve knowing that they will wake up to greatness. And I hope a community like this never forgets how exciting that is.

Too bad the damn shoulders are cracked and I've never seen it in robot form.

I started it because I was excited about waiting for my first V2. I love macross, but I don't have a lot of money and have a hard time justifying the cost of these things. I might buy ONE valk a year so it was an event for me to order something from japan.

It was kind of like a thread for kids who are excited about going to bed on christmas eve knowing that they will wake up to greatness. And I hope a community like this never forgets how exciting that is.

Too bad the damn shoulders are cracked and I've never seen it in robot form.

Hey, don't worry about it. I am 38 this year and I still get excited whenever there's a package on the way for me from the webshops. ^_^:lol:

Been having problems getting my Macross Frontier Quarter from AmiAmi. They told me that:

"Your tracking record

'Foreign International Dispatch, December 22, 2009, 2:43 am, TOKYO INT D,

JAPAN'

means it did take off from Japan on that day. I'm sure about it.

The parcel must already be in the U.S. territory but the postmaster there

never scanned it.

We've already had the same problems with several other orders sent to

eastern U.S.

The New York JFK International Airport seems to be unable to handle incoming

cargos promptly these days.

However, the EMS tracking number when I checked it today says:

Detailed Results:

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Foreign International Dispatch, December 22, 2009, 2:43 am, TOKYO INT D, JAPAN

Foreign Acceptance, December 21, 2009, 5:47 pm, JAPAN

so it seems to me that the package never left Japan, I don't know what gives :(