Zombieland

Just got back from a matinee - so did anyone else see this?

I thought it was pretty damn good, just a little

short with a running time of about 80 minutes.

. The characters were great the story fairly interesting and IMHO fairly well acted (especially Woody Harrelson). The movie was even kind enough to include a quick and dirty origin of all the zombies...

Zombieland on Yahoo! Movies

Zombieland on IMDB

Double-Tap!

-b.

*oops! - didn't notice the poor spelling on the title - instant/instand :lol:

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Good stuff...my friends and I tend to catch any and all zombie movies. I prefer comedy/zombie movie like "Shawn of the Dead" so I knew that I would like this flick. Add in Woody Harrelson, and I was sold from the beginning. It's been a pretty good movie year for me....

Isn't it just some hick killing zombies with a geek, an edgy-cool chick & some wee lass? I figured the trailer pretty much summed it up. Am I wrong?

Kinda. You got the characters right, the running gags make it, so if you don't like those you might not want to watch. It's pretty gory for most zombie movies unlike Shawn. Rabid-type movies. I did the 5-buck weekday deal, I don't think I would have paid 10 bucks for it.

You should - I still think the movie was on the short side with regards to running time, but it was really well done and one of the better "zombie" (given this was more comedy than horror) movies to come out in recent years.

And stay limber. :lol:

-b.

Good movie, made me want to play Left 4 Dead again.

lol, same here! I'm also anxious for Left 4 Dead 2 :ph34r:

also not sure if this is true but my boyfriend said

that in L4d2 there's a theme park level? if so

that should be fun.

Edited by HappyPenguins

lol, same here! I'm also anxious for Left 4 Dead 2 :ph34r:

also not sure if this is true but my boyfriend said

that in L4d2 there's a theme park level? if so

that should be fun.

That would be awesome. Yeah, looking forward to LFD2 as well. The fat guy in the grocery store reminded me of "Boomer!"

I enjoyed it, and thought it was well made and funny. The whole "rules" thing reminds me of the book The Zombie Survival Guide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zombie_Survival_Guide

I wonder if the book is what inspired the movie, or at least the zombie rules aspect of it. I have flipped through the book in the bookstore and have been meaning to pick up one of these days. Looks like a fun read.

I have only recently gotten into zombie movies. Zombieland was the first one I actually went to the theater to see. Besides the classic Night of the Living Dead, the first modern zombie movie I ever saw was 28 Day Later when it went to the discount DVD section at Walmart. It made me interested in zombie movies, but it seems like 28 Days is an exception rather than the rule. Sounds like I need to rent Shawn of the Dead. Seems like it will be fun to watch. :)

I enjoyed it, and thought it was well made and funny. The whole "rules" thing reminds me of the book The Zombie Survival Guide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zombie_Survival_Guide

I wonder if the book is what inspired the movie, or at least the zombie rules aspect of it. I have flipped through the book in the bookstore and have been meaning to pick up one of these days. Looks like a fun read.

I have only recently gotten into zombie movies. Zombieland was the first one I actually went to the theater to see. Besides the classic Night of the Living Dead, the first modern zombie movie I ever saw was 28 Day Later when it went to the discount DVD section at Walmart. It made me interested in zombie movies, but it seems like 28 Days is an exception rather than the rule. Sounds like I need to rent Shawn of the Dead. Seems like it will be fun to watch. :)

That book has Romero-style slow zombies, and required headshots. Though the zombie line has had a good decade.