Frontier lineart.

Hey guys. I thought I'd share an interesting find with y'all. I decided to try out Bing search engine to see how it searches. I typed in "VF-27" to see if it'll find anything google hasn't. Low and behold it actually did and something REALLY good too.

I happened to stumble upon a japanese site with some unseen lineart (for me at least) for the vfs and 2 ships of Frontier(also includes some aquarion stuff too).

http://robot.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/news/...12/09/1494.html

Seeing art like this gives me hope that we'll see them properly published, in some design works book later down should they do so (which I REALLY hope they will). Enjoy!

Hey guys. I thought I'd share an interesting find with y'all. I decided to try out Bing search engine to see how it searches. I typed in "VF-27" to see if it'll find anything google hasn't. Low and behold it actually did and something REALLY good too.

I happened to stumble upon a japanese site with some unseen lineart (for me at least) for the vfs and 2 ships of Frontier(also includes some aquarion stuff too).

http://robot.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/news/...12/09/1494.html

Seeing art like this gives me hope that we'll see them properly published, in some design works book later down should they do so (which I REALLY hope they will). Enjoy!

very cool, looks like the Vf-27 had a slightly different design before the final

Very Cool!

Interesting how he was fixated on a stealth looking VF-27 until he switched it to more of a SV-51 style...

I think the change was deliberate. Macross Chronicle lists an SV-52 on the SV-51 sheet (as in the successor design, like the VF-4 to the VF-1), and one of the Great Mechanics.DX articles has a line coming out of the SV-51 leading to a question mark in a VF design flow chart. It's entirely probably that the SV-51 design continued and was eventually brought back into UN VFs by General Galaxy in the VF-25, possibly others, too.

I think the change was deliberate. Macross Chronicle lists an SV-52 on the SV-51 sheet (as in the successor design, like the VF-4 to the VF-1), and one of the Great Mechanics.DX articles has a line coming out of the SV-51 leading to a question mark in a VF design flow chart. It's entirely probably that the SV-51 design continued and was eventually brought back into UN VFs by General Galaxy in the VF-25, possibly others, too.

Possibly.

Maybe it was utilized on Zentradi fighters. With the abiguity Kawamori keeps in his back pocket anything is possible.