Yamato Display Stands

Roy Focker

Hurray my order with free shipping from HLJ came a couple of days early.

Quick Review of what I got:

Revoltech Regult - $20? Really $20? The joints are both tight and loose at the same time. At least parts fall of instead of breaking when I twist them too hard. Looks nice though.

1/60 VF-1A TV Max - Easiest one for me to transform yet. Shoulders swivel action seems extra tight. Blue looks too dark to me.

Strike Fast Packs - Good

Yamato Might Block Stands - :angry:

They suck!

Got two of them. Wanted to try some more poses for my Valks. Thought the free shipping deal was a good time to got them. Now they are suppose be able to work for 1/60 VF but I get the feeling you really shouldn't. Got a VF-1 with FP in Fighter mode balanced on one. Important word is balanced don't think the stand is sturdy enough for me to try something other than level flight pose. Now for the other Stand. I got Max on that one in Battroid mode. Took the longest time to get him in a pose kinda like what I was trying to do. The stand doesn't seem to be able to take the weight of the VF-1. I should also mention that while trying to get Max on his stand his shoulder armor broke off. It was a clean break pegs came right out and seem able push right back in. I shouldn't be breaking toys with these stands. Stands displays them like before but on off the ground. Yes I tighten that screw on the stand but the VF-1 weight makes it lean in another direction. In fight looks like the pilot intends to roll. If I try another pose it will take me another 10 minutes per Valk.

Why do I expect to wake up tomorrow with the stand's arm broke in two. One part connected to the stand and the other connected to pieces of shattered Valkyries?

The new Yamato displays have been commented on before. People have complained about how unsteady they are. I have a half dozen of the older Yamato launch arm displays. They're pretty sturdy but are limited as far as the amount of angles that you can display your valk. The best (and easiest to work with) displays IMO are the Flexidisplays sold at Lost and Found Toys (laft.com). They come in three different sizes and work very well. You can't really secure or attach your valk to them. But they have three arms that can be adjusted independently and have rubber contact points that hold whatever you're displaying steady. They're especially effective if you plan on displaying your valk in fighter mode. Hope this helps.

Edited by shogun029

Got a VF-1 with FP in Fighter mode balanced on one. Important word is balanced don't think the stand is sturdy enough for me to try something other than level flight pose.

Ya have to play around with the stands a bit in order to hold some poses, so that the entire thing doesn't tip over.

I got 6 Yamato stands and they served me well so far. Some poses are nearly impossible (like having the fighter mode tilted on the side), but overall it serves its purpose.

I got my Mac+ valks on a slanted tilt, pointing downwards:

yamato_stand.jpg

Overall a 6/10

Edited by OmegaD3k

... Important word is balanced don't think the stand is sturdy enough for me to try something other than level flight pose. Now for the other Stand. I got Max on that one in Battroid mode. Took the longest time to get him in a pose kinda like what I was trying to do. The stand doesn't seem to be able to take the weight of the VF-1...

That sucks!!! wtf is a stand worth if it can't even hold the lightest and smallest of 1/60's.... *shakes head*

Here is everything I did in regards to the Yamato stands. They aren't horrible for the price but you need to modify them alittle bit.

See here.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...tands&st=80

I do get a bit in depth with them and what you can do now that you have them.

Remember that the most import thing to keeping these stands balanced is to put the arm in the appropriate hole and if you haven't "gummed" up the works a bit to increase the friction fit to not tilt them to much. I gummed them up with some plastic cement and the results speak for themselves.

before

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

After

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

Edited by logos

Yes, unfortunately. At least the clear version anyway.

Too bad then. I bought the VF-22 but don't plan to get the 21. How about the SV-51? Does it come with any stand that's compatible with other valks?

When I tried the Fighter tilt pose it titled right over. They work a bit better with battroid poses since most of the weight is towards the center.

Yeah unless you "gum up" the friction fit on the joints of the stand it will do that. Check the link I provided. It will show you how to apply plastic cement / nail polish to give you a better friction fit.

Too bad then. I bought the VF-22 but don't plan to get the 21. How about the SV-51? Does it come with any stand that's compatible with other valks?

It comes with the same stand that comes with the 21, except it's black instead of clear. It's only compatible with the -51, -21, and -22s. No other valks have connectors (that I know of) that will attach to that stand.

love the pics of the Yammies and the stands...but I have to ask...do you feel safe having them at work? you have a couple of thousand dollars sitting there! ^_^

I'd be more worried about that Old Fart sitting across from him.

I gave up on these new Yamato stands. I far prefer the older Yamato 'Launch Arm' stands or Flexi-stands.

These new stands might be great for smaller figures like the Macross GN-U, or Revoltechs, but IMO are absolutely not suitible for 1/60 VFs, even the smaller ones like the VF-1.

The friction fit of the attachment piece to the support stand is just too loose, meaning the VFs constantly want to tilt to the side.

With modification as in the post above and multiple stands attached together to create a more stable base, they may be better, but Yamato should not have released these in the first place with such a loose fit IMO.

Graham

I got my HLJ order in today and had a chance to quickly play with the one stand I got. I'm glad I only got one. I think these could/should have been much better. Having said that, I discovered the stand constantly wanted to flip backwards, just like others have said here and there. But then I realised I hadn't tightened the screw at the base of the arm. I did that and it actually held up then. It still feels really unstable though and there's no way I'd put it up anywhere high, where it could fall.

By the way, I'm displaying a Super VF-1A, so it's as heavy as a VF-1 is going to get.

I gave up on these new Yamato stands. I far prefer the older Yamato 'Launch Arm' stands or Flexi-stands.

These new stands might be great for smaller figures like the Macross GN-U, or Revoltechs, but IMO are absolutely not suitible for 1/60 VFs, even the smaller ones like the VF-1.

The friction fit of the attachment piece to the support stand is just too loose, meaning the VFs constantly want to tilt to the side.

With modification as in the post above and multiple stands attached together to create a more stable base, they may be better, but Yamato should not have released these in the first place with such a loose fit IMO.

Graham

Graham, any chance Yamato will release an improved version of the display stand in the near future?

Had some of that plastic cement and tested on 1 of them. Seems to have help. I can tilt a Super VF-1 in Fighter mode and it's not falling over. Still I bought two of them. I really shouldn't have to modify them all. Yamato made a big mistake marketing them as stands for their toys of multiple sizes.

I did it on my 4 with tamiya plastic cement and it's fine. I will eat away at the pastic that comes in something like an HG Gundam but not this plastic. Overall for the price their not a horrible buy if your willing to modify them. I agree with Graham though as they should have put ratchets on all the joint especially since they have advertising showing it holding up a YF-19. I would NEVER trust this stand with my YF-19 without modifying it first.

FYI for all you moders out there. If you use Plastic cement make sure to wait till the coats dry before reassembling the parts back together. Ideally you should be applying the plastic cement or nail polish in 2-4 coats letting it dry and then test fit the friction hold. Keep applying more coats if need to get the fit you want.

Also I will be picking up 2 more of these in the future to finish of the Hexagon for the top of my desk. Although at that price point your really better off buying the flexi stands (in 3 packs) especially if you live in North America as the shipping for a change is not more than the bloody stands.

And lastly. I am not too worried about my co workers I trust them and we all get along fine. Besides there are only like 20 people in the building I work in so I can track down a "prank" fairly quickly. And yes the "OLD FART" is the biggest threat to my collection as he has stated he would like to see if one of these toys could really fly..... :lol: ....... :ph34r:

Edited by logos