Macross Frontier Movie 1,YES it is subbed now edition

sharky

If you don't mind me asking, which songs in particular are you talking about? For the most part I agree, especially with Eien (Eternity), incredible song, but doesn't have the same fanfare as the others from the Universal Bunny album. I don't think she has even performed it live like several of the others from the movie. Does it get any significant airplay in the movie, or at least the end credits?

I don't mind Eien, although I dont remember exactly where it was used in the movie - I think it was used in the credits though. The three songs in particular I was referring to were Universal Bunny, Obelisk and Pink Monsoon. All have been done live several times and absolutely rock the house. Then again, I dont think there was a bad song on Universal Bunny - it really was a superb album. Am hoping for equal goodness with the next movie in 2011 :-)

Speaking of which - fingers crossed a release date will be announced at the Girasama Festival this Sunday!

Quick questions regarding this, @ work and can't go through 30+ pages.

1) Can I get this blu-ray movie in the US and play it on my PS3 without modding (probably no here but one can hope)

2) Can I get the game in the US and play it on PS3 without modding (again...a man can dream right?)

Quick questions regarding this, @ work and can't go through 30+ pages.

1) Can I get this blu-ray movie in the US and play it on my PS3 without modding (probably no here but one can hope)

2) Can I get the game in the US and play it on PS3 without modding (again...a man can dream right?)

1) USA and Japan are the same Blu-Ray region so you can watch it without modding.

2) Games are region-free. Menu translations will probably be needed.

I don't even know if the issue of it being a full game or "trial" game yet. Either way, the graphics look pretty good, and being able to play the YF-24 is awesome. If I get this before MWcon10, I'm gonna put it up for the attendees.

I don't even know if the issue of it being a full game or "trial" game yet. Either way, the graphics look pretty good, and being able to play the YF-24 is awesome. If I get this before MWcon10, I'm gonna put it up for the attendees.

It's the YF-25 Prophecy, not the YF-24. From the looks of it, it will be a full game, but it's gonna feel like half-a-game. Looks like it might just be focused on stuff from the movie.

a question for those who watched the film, how much airtime do the Valkyries get? I was wondering if the VF-27 gets ANY airtime at all.

Only at the beginning and at the end of the film. The sequences are quite well done, towards the end it's all so frantic that it's almost Michael Bay-ish. Except that it actually looks cool.

The VF-27 does appear, but only at the end, as I remember. Doesn't really do that much really.

Apart from that it's mostly just boring characters walking around talking for 2 hours which is why I personally didn't care that much for the movie.

I've never ordered from amiami. Do they pack well?

Also, How is their shipping rates compared to say CDjapan?

They pack really well for their figures and toys, I don't know about disc-based items but I'm gonna assume they're pretty safe in the box (I'll know for sure soon enough).

Here are Ami Ami's shipping rates.

They automatically ship EMS unless you tell them otherwise in the message box during ordering. If you do forget, you can always email them afterwards. They're a great company. :)

Edited by shiroikaze

Ok i don't want to search for an answer in previous pages, what are the chances of english subtitles on the blu-ray? because as great as all this is if it doesn't have subtitiles i'm skipping, i don't know japanese.

Ok i don't want to search for an answer in previous pages, what are the chances of english subtitles on the blu-ray? because as great as all this is if it doesn't have subtitiles i'm skipping, i don't know japanese.

Sometimes being an anime fan means buying something even if it doesn't have english subtitles, just because it's that awesome.

@Keith - Agreed! You sir, win a cookie!

@Thom - most likely none. Most Japanese blurays/DVDs dont even have Japanese subtitles for those with hearing difficulties. As for English, sorry mate but it isnt happening. Fortunately some of us here dont need em ;-)

But in your case, why not grab the blu to help support the franchise and then get the subtitled version from *ahem* other sources later on?

But in your case, why not grab the blu to help support the franchise and then get the subtitled version from *ahem* other sources later on?

Sometimes some fans don't get the correlation between how fans actually purchasing the product allows the creators to continue doing other stuff later on. I suppose people believe that as long as the japanese consumer pays for it's not a big deal.

Sometimes some fans don't get the correlation between how fans actually purchasing the product allows the creators to continue doing other stuff later on. I suppose people believe that as long as the japanese consumer pays for it's not a big deal.

Unfortunately, that is a sad reality from ignorant fans. I've been doing research on this, and I'm hoping soon, I will be able to speak of the reasons why. In the meantime, I have no qualms with buying this BD, not only for the support of a tremendous franchise, but also for the game on it.

Hell, I'm doing my bit. If the company isn't doing it for whatever reason, then they're not(entrenchment). Doesn't mean other companies aren't doing it for their properties though.

A-1/Ufotable/Sony is pretty much rumored to be releasing their BD of Kara no Kyoukai movies with subs. At 52000 yen + tax and on a format that still isn't as widely accepted as DVDs, they'd better and it makes sense too.

Unfortunately, that is a sad reality from ignorant fans. I've been doing research on this, and I'm hoping soon, I will be able to speak of the reasons why. In the meantime, I have no qualms with buying this BD, not only for the support of a tremendous franchise, but also for the game on it.

Sounds interesting. Am interested in hearing more. The whole 'buying what you can to help support the industry' thing is/was a cornerstone of being an anime/Macross fan for most Gen X fans who got into anime back before it become so prevelant/popular. Then cam Gen Y and some ridiculous sense of entitlement to free media ... erk Im not even going to start getting into that )or hijacking the thread) here. Then again, I still buy most of my music on CD so what do I know? lol.

Okay I pre-ordered mine, but now I am reading that they don't have English subtitles. Does this mean I have to upload this movie onto a fansubber website to know what they're saying. Aw comon Kawamorii knows that there are western fans of his works to allow subtitles for every language whether it be english, Cantonese, Spanish, French, German, and so on. I wish on of those anime production companies would get off the asses and license this francise, with the exception of ADV. :(