Macross Frontier Movie 1,YES it is subbed now edition

sharky

so i ordered the hybrid pack from amiami, and since it was on the same page as Another Century Episode R, i got that too.. and a few other things. talk about suggestive selling :rolleyes:

so i now have a few japanese games and i don't know japanese. can anyone please direct me to a thread or another site where the controls and game mechanics are explained in english? would appreciate it much. thanks.

so i ordered the hybrid pack from amiami, and since it was on the same page as Another Century Episode R, i got that too.. and a few other things. talk about suggestive selling :rolleyes:

so i now have a few japanese games and i don't know japanese. can anyone please direct me to a thread or another site where the controls and game mechanics are explained in english? would appreciate it much. thanks.

Yeah, once I get the spare change to buy the movie, I'd like a little bit of help too. Make with the linkage, people! ;)

Because the Blu-Ray includes Trial Frontier, they consider it a game and Amazon will not export game titles. Your other Blu-Rays that you ordered previously were considered movies, and not subject to export restrictions.

I explained it here.

Oh I get that. I'm also not complaining. I was more confused. That has also been expanded to Blu Ray movies as well. Those will not ship to the US as well. It really isn't a big deal, there are many other sources to get this stuff from.

Oh I get that. I'm also not complaining. I was more confused. That has also been expanded to Blu Ray movies as well. Those will not ship to the US as well. It really isn't a big deal, there are many other sources to get this stuff from.

No, they haven't stopped shipping blurays. If they had, animeondvd would be going apesiht, and would blow up the internet. Mayhaps you entered your address field in wrong or something?

I hate to say it, but... I'm thoroughly disappointed in this movie. I would go into details, but I am not sure if I should post them on this thread.

Hmmm maybe someone could start a new thread on the movie, since previously this thread was for the news and the all the waiting, and since it's already on torrent I guess in a matter of days people would start discussing about it.

Damn You Bandai!!!!angry-smiley-055.gifangry-smiley-001.gif

I wanted to get a Grace film cel, not a grass film cel. Now what am I gonna tease David with????

Now that's hilarious. But I fear what I may get now.

::no whammies no whammies, Sheryl film cel, stop!::

Now that's hilarious. But I fear what I may get now.

::no whammies no whammies, Sheryl film cel, stop!::

Might as well start this up: So what film cels did people get?

I got Alto in this EX Gear. Nothing too special really... Don't have a camera otherwise I'll post a pic of it up.

My film cel is....I have no idea what the hell it is, though it kinda looks like a VF-25 in Gerwalk...I'll have to wait until I actually watch the movie to see if I can spot just what I'm looking at in the cel.

My film cel is Ranka running up the stairs in the park...was wondering anyone here feels that the artwork besides the CG is actually not very good...kind of disappointed as it's a movie version, by right more effort should be put in. I personally feels that the artwork is no as good as the TV series...

Question. Is the artwork in the movie not good? Or is it just not significantly better than the TV series. Because really, it was a beautiful TV series. Was anyone here really expecting a gap as wide as Macross TV & DYRL? Or hell, even a gap as wide as Macross 7 & Dynamite? I personally wasn't, as animation as a whole has changed quite a bit in the last decade.

I hate to say it, but... I'm thoroughly disappointed in this movie. I would go into details, but I am not sure if I should post them on this thread.

Not really needing spoiler tags, but when in Rome...

Sorry to hear it. I watched it raw way back in July to soothe missing the AX concert, and enjoyed it immensely. I thought it tightened up some of the issues I had in the series, namely Sheryl and Alto's introduction. Though I wonder if I'll feel the same once I can fully grasp what's going on. :lol:

Question. Is the artwork in the movie not good? Or is it just not significantly better than the TV series. Because really, it was a beautiful TV series. Was anyone here really expecting a gap as wide as Macross TV & DYRL? Or hell, even a gap as wide as Macross 7 & Dynamite? I personally wasn't, as animation as a whole has changed quite a bit in the last decade.

Precisely. The animation seemed on par with the series. Now, I can see complaints about the character designs, as they do seem to fluctuate now and then, but whathaveyou.

Merc, I just tagged that to make sure I didn't ruin anyone's expectations of the movie early on. I'm sure several other people have sprayed their essence onto the movie in a similar fashion, but I'm not gonna contribute to it. ;) We're already talking about the real meat and potatoes of the movie in the movie discussion thread, so check it out!

Welcome to the board, C_Chan!

Merc, I just tagged that to make sure I didn't ruin anyone's expectations of the movie early on. I'm sure several other people have sprayed their essence onto the movie in a similar fashion, but I'm not gonna contribute to it. ;) We're already talking about the real meat and potatoes of the movie in the movie discussion thread, so check it out!

Welcome to the board, C_Chan!

I figured as much. Don't worry about it. Some will like it others won't. Just like Frontier itself. I still have something of a love/hate relationship with it. ;)

Also, WTF on the Sheryl commercials? :blink::wacko:

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus